PDA

View Full Version : Trouble in Blazerville

scamperdog
10-21-2005, 10:55 PM
First off congrats to Sask for the win and playing a good road game, As for the Blazers it is becoming very clear this team is not responding to any thing Ferner says, the team was put thru tuff practises all week and if tonight is an indication of that then last place here we come, no emotion on this team no effort, no team leadership, not a damn thing postive about anything.

Olson requested a trade and has been traded to the T-birds, Irwin has requested a trade and if nothing happens by monday is going back to Manitoba, Sure these are players that don,t get much ice time but it is very clear there is much termoil behind the scenes that team is doing its best to hide, of course the press in this town will never report on this stuff or they will be punished by this team, almost sounds like the communists our running it, The team CEO Gerry Bell like to go around saying good things how no crap will be tolerated this year, again just a bunch of BS, If anybody in this organization new what the hell they were doing then as KBF likes to say 5 years and out in the first round would not be happening, The bottem line is it time to get rid of FERNER and NOW, in theory this is a team with great potential right now somebody flushed the toilet and the team in team went with it. :burningma

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
10-22-2005, 06:52 AM
Sounds like things are getting a little emotional for the Blazer fans. If it's true that a lot of locker room politics are taking place, it can really hurt a teams spirit and translate onto the ice. Is it just the coaching staff involved in hurting the team, or could the higher ups have a hand in this as well?

Best of luck in your game against Spokane tonight.

GF71
10-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Here is the official word...

October 22nd, 2005 – FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

KAMLOOPS, BC – The Kamloops Blazers' active roster now sits at 23 after a pair
of roster moves this weekend.

18-year-old D Benn Olson has been traded to the Seattle Thunderbirds in exchange
for a 6th round selection in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft while 18-year-old LW
Tanner Irwin remained at home in Kamloops, not making the road trip to Spokane,
to await a trade. Irwin will report to the MJHL's Winkler Flyers on Monday if a
trade within the WHL is not completed by that time.

With the moves, the Blazers have 14 forwards, 7 defensemen, and 2 goaltenders
heading into Saturday's game against Spokane.

- 05 -

Homer
10-22-2005, 12:29 PM
Oh what a difference a year makes. We've been hearing for years how nobody wanted to come and play here in PG.

Now we're winning, with a new coach & attiude and you don't hear a peep. Yet in Kamloops, Lethbridge, and Swift players are leaving and rumblings of unhappiness fill the air.

It's a sad state of affairs, but I guess that's just junior hockey for ya!

Kamfan
10-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Oh what a difference a year makes. We've been hearing for years how nobody wanted to come and play here in PG.

Now we're winning, with a new coach & attiude and you don't hear a peep. Yet in Kamloops, Lethbridge, and Swift players are leaving and rumblings of unhappiness fill the air.

It's a sad state of affairs, but I guess that's just junior hockey for ya!

These really aren't players leaving, they're guys who aren't good enough to get the ice time they think they deserve (especially in Irwin's case). It's not like these are 1st & 2nd line players walking out on the team.

Homer
10-22-2005, 07:27 PM
Well Kamfan, I guess I just must be reading to much into all the BS thats posted about the Blazers on the board(s).

You're right, it's not like there are 1st & 2nd liners walking out, but if these guys are 16, 17, 18 the organization must have seen something in them and they would've factored into future plans, so it still is a bit of a blow.

Kamfan
10-22-2005, 07:43 PM
Well Kamfan, I guess I just must be reading to much into all the BS thats posted about the Blazers on the board(s).

You're right, it's not like there are 1st & 2nd liners walking out, but if these guys are 16, 17, 18 the organization must have seen something in them and they would've factored into future plans, so it still is a bit of a blow.

Irwin was listed late last year, so they saw enough to fill a protected list spot, but not enough to draft him. Not much investment there.

Olsen, I just never understood how he made the team. One of those "projects" I guess. You'll get to see what I mean first hand now.