PDA

View Full Version : Great game in Red Deer

Broncs in RD
10-22-2005, 12:39 AM
Broncos win Broncos win....and what score 5 goals.
1st period ugly broncos were out worked, out scored, out hit and out shot badly, but Moir kept them in the game. I thought the broncos were going to play shorthanded the whole game some of the penelties were suspect. Whatever was said in the first intermission sure worked cause the broncos came out flying. Ned scored a beauty goal half way through the 2nd frame and the wheels fell off Red Deer and the Broncos kept coming hard hitting and skating hard especially Ned he backed checked amazing 1st man back alot of the time and the 1st down into the offensive zone. Schenderling scored an easy PP goal into an open net. Third Period was even better although Red Deer scored 2 goals in the final frame. Aspenlind was all over the ice and was rewarded with a goal, then on an excellent Penalty kill Sauer blocked an attempted shot by sliding across the blueline and poking the puck ahead to LUUUUUKE and he made no mistake on the breakaway. Moir played a strong game and kept the boys in it until the offense found it's groove. Excellent game to watch.
Side notes I was kinda surprised with Bortis he seems weak on the puck and along the boards he was on his backside alot and pinned along the boards alot. Although it is the only game I have seen him play I would like other fans input. Rome needs a beating on more than 1 occasion he was in Moirs face and nothing was done about it?????????? Benke, Rumsey, Boris. He then proceeded to give Myles a strong shove in his chest after the Rebels third goal and Rumsey looked at him dumbfounded then rome skated by the bronco bench chirpping. This happened after the Rebels first goal as well. I would have liked to have seen more PP's for the boys cause the few chances they had they moved the puck around great, hopefully this is a turnaround great game by the boys and they deserved it tonight.

Flathead
10-22-2005, 01:35 AM
Side notes I was kinda surprised with Bortis he seems weak on the puck and along the boards he was on his backside alot and pinned along the boards alot. Although it is the only game I have seen him play I would like other fans input..
The two or three games I saw him play, I thought he was getting better every game. His first game he was very timid and you could tell he was very nervous. I think he'll be very good for us once he believes that he can play in the dub.

Broncs in RD
10-22-2005, 02:00 AM
I was curious as to how he played in his first few games. Forgot to give props to Toulmin and Nelson on my last post as well they both played great games as well.
How did the Rebels #3 look for Red Deer when he was in Swift the last 2 times. For a first round draft pick he was awful. He has great size and can move alright for a big guy, but he does nothing but obstruct players there were about 6 times he could have been called for interference or obstruction holding. I thought that if you dump the puck and chase it the defending player has to let you go without malling the offensive player that was not the case last night on several occasions. To give him #3 to boot....lol they should retire that # in Red Deer looked very weired.

Scout
10-22-2005, 07:21 AM
We got to give Kyle time to recoup. Remember he had mono and was not on the ice for any training camp, exibition or practises. He has been off skates since August. With mono all you can do is rest. It takes alot out of a player and i'm sure he is out of shape. We gotta give him time. He didn't average over 2 points a game last year for nothing. He has an offensive side we have yet to see and it will come.

Scout

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
10-22-2005, 07:42 AM
After what sounded like a brutal first period, the Broncos pulled out a much needed win in two steller periods.

The best part?

We scored goals! And not a mere 1 or 2 goals. 5 goals. I'm wondering if they are really starting to utilize the new rules in their favour after that last game, and put an end to those horrid 1 or 2 goal games.

Rock on Broncos. Lets carry the momentum into Lethbridge tonight and stomp on what most prognosticators here on the forum are predicting to be Lethbridge's game.

CHtoo
10-22-2005, 08:38 AM
Don't put much faith in them. :D

Of 23 predictions only 4 got it right last night. Let's hope they have the same average tonight.