PDA

View Full Version : Should be a great game against Kamloops....

90-91
01-28-2005, 07:06 PM
On paper the teams look very evenly matched........

Points....Kamloops 42 in 49 gms played.....Spoke. 41 in 47 gms

Last 10 gms.....Kamloops 4-4-2..........Spoke.......4-5-1

Kamloops looks like they have offensive problems 113 goals for...Richards is their leading scorer with 35 pts.

Spoke. has obviously had defensive problems (although the addition of Mercer has things looking up) with 146 goals against. Offensively things look quite a bit better with 134 goals for and Klassen with 50 pts. and Lukacevic with 37.

It's going to be a rough game IMO....with 4 of the top 25 in penalty minutes playing......Stoesz 172.......Desautels 108.......Bender 132.....Kassian 116.

I'd like to see Stoesz/Bender....I really thought last time we saw Kamloops that might happen, but no dice......line brawl did happen though....but I doubt those hard feelings have carried over from Oct.
I don't know if we'll see Desautels/Kassian.....but it sound like Kassian is the type of guy to put up the challenge, and after last week end and the TCA game it wouldn't surprise me if Desautels wants to get some frustration out.

Here's to a good game

GOOOOOOOOO CHIEFS GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! :D

bcboy
01-28-2005, 08:04 PM
This is a home & home series, that should make it even more interesting. These are 2 really big games for the chiefs. They need a 60 minute effort from everybody. :D

90-91
01-29-2005, 01:22 PM
This is a home & home series, that should make it even more interesting. These are 2 really big games for the chiefs. They need a 60 minute effort from everybody. :D
I agree......The team can put in a 60 min effort, if Conroy will roll more than 2 lines in the final 10 mins. of the game....what is he thinking? :confused: The 4th. line has dominated other teams 4th. lines all season.....and has proven itself not to be a defensive liability......all Conroy has to do is look at the +/- to see that.......some may argue that their +/- looks good because of line matching (4th. against 4th.)........Wrong the 4th. line has spent alot of time roughing up opposing 1st. and 2nd. lines early in games as well.

Another thing.......Why in the world wouldn't he put Mercer and Zimmerman out to finish the TCA game last weekend? He knew that TC would put out it's big scoring line along with Belle, with the goalie pulled. It would have been nice to have some fresh legs out to finish the game.

The Chiefs have 4 very solid lines top to bottom.......they should be allowed to play the entire 60 min IMO.

upper level fan
01-29-2005, 02:09 PM
We need to play tough against them. Be curious to see if anyony tries to fight Kassian. I would like to see Stoesz fight him so that would put to rest some of his critics who say he only fights non fighters. And I would like to see if he could hang in there with a true tough guy. I think Conroy should stick with his game plan he seems to start with. Seems like the past few games its quick affective shifts at the begining. I think he should keep with that and keep all 18 guys involved the whole game and that would keep the fresh legs going and I think they could win alot more games like that. Its just that when they fall behind they change there game plan and that seems to play right into the opposing team. Just stick with your game plan and use the whole bench effectivly and thats how they will win games and make the playoffs.

90-91
01-29-2005, 02:35 PM
I think he should keep with that and keep all 18 guys involved the whole game and that would keep the fresh legs going and I think they could win alot more games like that. Its just that when they fall behind they change there game plan and that seems to play right into the opposing team.
It seems like he changes the game plan even with a 1 goal lead or a tie.
In the past the coaches have always preached "stick with the game plan"........well this group seems to stick to the game plan, but Conroy changes the game plan at the end. I really dont think that in the pre-game meeting he says "OK once we get the lead late in the third....these are the guys that will ride the pine........Stoesz, Bruton, Jason Lynch, Mercer, Hobson.......and.......oh yea Grabner"

I've been a real flip flopper on this issue.........but I really think that at the end of the season Conroy has to go. On the flip side I think that with the pick up of LaPointe, Logan, & Mercer....Speltz might have regained the faith of the loyal Chiefs followers.

A fight between Kassian and Stoesz could do a lot for his confidence and shut the mouths of the nea sayers on the white board.

upper level fan
01-29-2005, 02:42 PM
I've been a real flip flopper on this issue.........but I really think that at the end of the season Conroy has to go. On the flip side I think that with the pick up of LaPointe, Logan, & Mercer....Speltz might have regained the faith of the loyle Chiefs followers.

I will agree with you there. Im just wondering though it seems like Granberg is the one switching out the d. But is it his choice to bench Mercer at the end of the game or is it Conroy's? They did it to him at tuesdays game and he scored one of the goals. I think right now are best two solid D-men are Mercer and Zimmerman which bolds well for the future because they are both just 17. So why bench your best d-men for a older player? And has anyone else heard when Mccue will be back?

90-91
01-29-2005, 03:52 PM
I was wondering the same thing about McCue........It doesn't make much sense to sit your two best d-men........regardless of age. Conroy really buys into the paying your dues mentality........the same thing I suspect is happening to Reich. Right or wrong a lot of teams seem to sit their rookies an awful lot, which may make sense for a team like the Tigers or T-Birds that actually have a legit shot this year......but a team like the Chiefs should really be looking at next year, and IMO the more ice time the better for the young guys. Besides how many more times do we have to watch Gladue make a pass right through his own crease before Conroy cuts his ice time back?
Whether or not Gronborg is calling the shots on D is anybodys guess......the one thing I do know is that when Conroy shortens the bench late in the game....that seems to include the defense as well. Maybe Gronborgs hands are tied late in a game when Conroy has his select few playing? Desautels, LaPointe, Klassen, Lukacevic, Gladue, Engman, & Ryan

upper level fan
01-29-2005, 03:57 PM
I dont know if you were at Tuesdays game or not, but it was obvious that for some reason Horwath got benched to. I know he missed a half open net chance in the first period but it seems like everyone on the team does that. Just couldnt figuere out why they benched him when he had 4 goals in the previous two games? I think the kids a work horse and actually has showed that he deserves the ice time. I didnt read it but i was told there was a big right up in the spokesman review about him on either tuesday or wednsday.

90-91
01-29-2005, 04:09 PM
No I missed Tuesdays game.......been working in Lewiston since Thanksgiving........but I catch all the Fri-Sunday games.
That doesn't make a whole lot of sense to bench Howarth.......compaired to a few others, he's made relatively few mistakes.......could have been any number of reasons though.

I agree Howarth will be a really valuable player to the team in the future.......I really like the way the team is shaping up for the next two years.

BTW......have you been to the fight central site lately? A few days after I posted some criticism about Brad picking Boogaard as the winner of his fight with Desautels.....The fight central site posted a message about people on other forums being critical of their opinions.......They said we're "trolls"........a little thin skinned, eh? :D

upper level fan
01-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Ya i just got done reading that. My oppinion on it is there shouldnt been a decision at all. There really was no fight no punches that I could see landed and then the tie up. But the real funny thing about that is if you notice after all the Tri-cities fans rip Desauntels for not being a tough guy Brad still has him ranked the #1 heavyweight for the U.S. division.

90-91
01-29-2005, 04:49 PM
I noticed that too........another thing I noticed was that Stoesz gets ripped for not being a stand up tough guy....but TCA fans defend Beeman & Boogaard for pulling real chickens@#t stuff like Sat. night.......It's a real double standard, and more Homer posting coming out of the desert :mad:

upper level fan
01-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Hopefully we will see what kind of a stand up guy Stoesz is tonight if he takes on Kassian. Or even see Desauntels take him. Then we could out to rest some of the garbage that we have been hearing.

90-91
01-29-2005, 05:06 PM
I would like to see Stoesz fight him.....but I think Desautels has a better chance against him. If Stoesz had a convincing win against Kassian it would shut a lot of mouths......but you know how it goes, "more Homer posting out of Spoke".......I would imagine we'll see Stoesz/Bender & Desautels/Kassian. To tell you the truth almost anything could happen. The last time Kamloops was in town Bruton surprised everyone with a Great fight and Szaszkiewicz got his ass handed to him by Bender. Maybe these guys have longer memories than I think.......it could get ugly.
If anyone wins a one sided fight that isn't a pim leader (Reich)....then I think the fight is on & all the heavyweights will have at least one tilt.

upper level fan
01-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Thats right that was the game were we had the semi-line brawl. Cant remember who fought who but I remember Stoesz had someone against the glass just teeing off on him. Ya and I remember Gladue just stood there why bender pumled J.P. I forgot about all of that so it could get very interesting tonight.

90-91
01-29-2005, 05:20 PM
Geeeeez....I had totally forgotten about Gladue just standing there....wasn't their goaltender involved in that somehow also?

BTW........I guarantee a fight fest tonight........I'm taking my nice Christian wife.........and ever time she goes, there's a brawl. She asks the same question every time too......"You actually pay money to watch this?".....and my answer is always the same "Yes I do :cool: "

upper level fan
01-29-2005, 05:25 PM
well my wife goes to almost all the weekend games, but she always enjoys a good fight. My four year old daughter likes it when Desauntels fights because then she can see "Jevon" better. If you dont mind me asking were do you sit at? I sit in sec 202 row c seats 1,2,or,3 depending on were my wife or daughter choose to sit. One of these games we will have to meet and maybe have a beer if your up for it.

90-91
01-29-2005, 05:28 PM
Sounds good........218 A 6-7.......how about tonight.......name the place

upper level fan
01-29-2005, 05:35 PM
how about near the Kokane beer stand behind your sec. during the first intermission. My name is Jeremy and my wife and daughter probably will be with me. Not sure what im going to be wearing though if I have my coat on its a tan columbia ski coat.

90-91
01-29-2005, 05:39 PM
Sounds good......To make it easy, I'll wear my Avista hat......see ya there....

90-91
01-29-2005, 05:42 PM
BTW........I'll probably run into Speedkills & Rich67 (sometimes on the white board) if you want to meet them too........Oh yea my name's Rob.

upper level fan
01-29-2005, 06:02 PM
Ya im always up for meeting fellow hockey fans. Im not sure is Spokanesth is going to be at the game tonight, but if he is i will bring him with me. He sits right in front of me. And at least you and the guys you mentioned arent people that I have gotten into arguments on the white board with so you always know it safe then.

90-91
01-29-2005, 06:11 PM
Ya im always up for meeting fellow hockey fans. Im not sure is Spokanesth is going to be at the game tonight, but if he is i will bring him with me. He sits right in front of me. And at least you and the guys you mentioned arent people that I have gotten into arguments on the white board with so you always know it safe then.
LOL.......So I shouldn't bring Ammer, Reptile, & MRNasty with me? I'd actually like to meet those posters. The only ones I think have any hockey knowledge are MRNasty and Brad. Ammer and Reptile have to be the same poster.

I find it interesting that only a couple of AMs posters have actually registered and posted on here. No changing Nicks and not being able to stir the pot scare them off?

upper level fan
01-29-2005, 06:17 PM
Actually i wouldnt mind meeting them either. And I agree that I beleive ammer and reptile are the same person. Several times last year I tried to get reptile to meet me for a beer. Even once down in tri-cities, but he chickened out everytime saying he was worried that he would get jumped by someone he pissed off. I even offered to buy him the beer. Funny thing is the guy probably isnt even 21 yet. I plan on going down for the game on the 19th I think it is and am trying to arrange to meet Hermiston ams fan. He seems like a pretty safe guy to meet. And actually i would bet that all the posters from the white board that are crude and rude are probably half way decent people if you met them. I think they are just putting on a show I cant beleive that anyone is actually that ignorent. But I have been wrong before.

90-91
01-29-2005, 07:12 PM
I guess that doesn't surprise me.......Many posters on the white board show their age........but I've been very surprised by some of the posters on here after we found out their true ages on the the Roll call here. :) Very informed posters on here 16-60.

bcboy
01-29-2005, 07:37 PM
In the past the coaches have always preached "stick with the game plan"........well this group seems to stick to the game plan, but Conroy changes the game plan at the end. I really dont think that in the pre-game meeting he says "OK once we get the lead late in the third....these are the guys that will ride the pine........Stoesz, Bruton, Jason Lynch, Mercer, Hobson.......and.......oh yea Grabner"

I've been a real flip flopper on this issue.........but I really think that at the end of the season Conroy has to go. On the flip side I think that with the pick up of LaPointe, Logan, & Mercer....Speltz might have regained the faith of the loyal Chiefs followers.

A fight between Kassian and Stoesz could do a lot for his confidence and shut the mouths of the nea sayers on the white board.
90-91 you flip-flop more than a I-hop on sunday morning right after church. hehe :D
Actually you make some good points but I am going to waite untill the end of the season to make my call on that. This stretch drive will have alot to say about it. How these young boys respond and develop is the key.

it is time for this team to take some big steps

90-91
01-29-2005, 07:49 PM
90-91 you flip-flop more than a I-hop on sunday morning right after church. hehe :D
Geeeez I know.......The boys play a decent game and I begin to think that maybe Conroy ought to stick around the rest of the season, and let Gronborg get some more experience.........Then the TC game and Seattle (I heard) and I'm ready for Speltz and Brett to throw him out on his a$$.
We'll have to wait and see what happens tonight.........I'm sure my attitude about him will change again. :D
I thought it was interesting that even CHIEFS-COP was calling for Conroys head after Tuesdays game. I'm a little surprised we haven't seen him on here.
BTW......upper level fan and I are meeting for a beer during the first int. tonight at the beer stand behind 218 if you want to meet us. :)

speedkills
01-31-2005, 12:50 PM
Ya i just got done reading that. My oppinion on it is there shouldnt been a decision at all. There really was no fight no punches that I could see landed and then the tie up. But the real funny thing about that is if you notice after all the Tri-cities fans rip Desauntels for not being a tough guy Brad still has him ranked the #1 heavyweight for the U.S. division.

That's very interesting...I CANNOT see giving Boogard the fight when he put the seatbelt on after two punches. Agree that if anything, that fight was a DRAW! And mostly because Boogey seatbelted!

speedkills
01-31-2005, 12:54 PM

to shorten your bench late in the game, especially with the lead. I also agree that our 3rd and 4th lines are NOT liabilities. It seems a fair amount of our losses have been 'late game/3rd period' losses. Seems like when our guys' legs are 'spent' is when he tends to shorten his bench...this is exactly when you need to rely on those 3rd/4th lines to 'spell' guys. Poor 'line management' has been a bane of ours this year in my opinion.