PDA

View Full Version : Rebels at Hitmen Game 12

Hitmen1
10-22-2005, 10:47 AM
Big game down at the Dome tonight. Time to hand the Rebels another loss, and time to end the 2 game slide. Should be a good game. Lets hope the Hitmen come out on top. GO HITMEN!

Hitmen1
10-22-2005, 08:33 PM
What a game so far. Its a shooting gallery on Reimer. Hitmen outshot the Rebels 18-2 in the 2nd but only outscored them 2-1. Shots are 30-10 overall.

Hitmen goals by White and Pettersson. Rebels goal scored by Cline.

Should be a great 3rd period.

Hitmen1
10-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Dansereau with an empty netter. What a very one sided game. Reimer was great for the Rebels tonight. Final shots were 42-13. Thats 4 wins vs the Rebels in the early going and the win snaps a 2 game losing streak. Speedy Creek in the Dome tomorrow.

RunTheGoalie
10-22-2005, 10:30 PM
There was a 40 minute stretch from late in the first to late in the third where the Rebels had three shots. Calgary had over 30 in the same stretch.

Quite frankly, the score greatly flattered Red Deer. If not for Reimer standing on his head, Calgary probably could have won by six or seven.

Gotta say that after the three games I've seen vs the Rebels, that is a terrible team. They pretty much accepted from the start of the games that they were going to lose, and played like it.

Yeo is starting to piss me off. He's making a lot of incredibly stupid decisions that are leading to opposition chances. Two straight games he's had a player on our blueline charging into the zone, and rather than simply forcing his opponent off the puck, he's gone for the highlight-reel hit, missed, and given the oppostion an odd man rush. A lot of stupid penalties. He's gotta step it up.

Sonne, OTOH, was incredible tonight. Seems the phrase "little ball of hate" fits him quite well. He was all over the place, especially on the penalty kill. Red Deer had no answer for him.

Hitmen1
10-22-2005, 10:43 PM
Listening to Brad and Ken tonight they kept calling Sonne's name, he seemed to have a great game which is awesome for the kid, hopefully he can keep it up. I think he was on the pk as well. I noticed that Yeo has been spending alot of time in the box lately, hopefully we can turn it around.

RunTheGoalie
10-22-2005, 11:21 PM
Sonne was on the PK all night long, and he singlehandedly kept the Rebels pinned in their zone for 20+ seconds twice.

He and Covington were all over the ice, using their speed and tenacity to bottle up the Rebels. Red Deer simply did not want to match that intensity.

Rebel66
10-23-2005, 12:01 AM
I've got to agree that this Rebels team is quite weak right now. They are not always terrible though. They have some ability at times, they just cannot do it on a consistant basis. This Hitmen team are too strong for them for sure at the present time. I also think that the Rebels, and Sutter, have not fully adapted to the new rules yet. They still are trying to play the same game and it doesn't always work.

Would you say that Reimer looks ready to be the No.1 goalie in Red Deer? He is the future and although he has yet to register a win that is because he has little help in front of him.

edited for clarity.

hockey4
10-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Yah the rebs did have an off game today, however they are far from terrible. We have 9 kids 17 and under on our roster, so what are you expecting. Its about time the hitmen had a good team its only 6 years in the making. I can recall many games in red deer 3 years ago when a not very confident hitmen team would show up at the centrium.

peatfan
10-23-2005, 01:04 AM
I keep reading how Red Deer is so young with 9 players 17 and under. THe HITMEN have 11 players 16 or 17 and will have 19 guys back next year. The Rebels will be lucky to make the playoffs this year only because Swift isn't that good. Rebels best player is definately Reimer. Where was Vandermeer and Rome tonight. Usually they are a pain in the as#. Long season for Sutter but next yeat he will have the team competing again. :groovy:

hockey4
10-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Once again you have not seen this team play to its potential. Wait till the rebs play the hitmen at home and you will see a whole different team. It has to be tough for red deers young kids to come into a huge NHL rink at not be in augh. I could definatly see us finishing ahead of medicine hat if we can put a few solid games together.

RunTheGoalie
10-23-2005, 09:28 PM
I've got to agree that this Rebels team is quite weak right now. They are not always terrible though. They have some ability at times, they just cannot do it on a consistant basis. This Hitmen team are too strong for them for sure at the present time. I also think that the Rebels, and Sutter, have not fully adapted to the new rules yet. They still are trying to play the same game and it doesn't always work.

Would you say that Reimer looks ready to be the No.1 goalie in Red Deer? He is the future and although he has yet to register a win that is because he has little help in front of him.

edited for clarity.

We are far enough into the season that "still learning the rules" is nothing more than an excuse. The inconsistancy from the Rebels is a problem with the team itself, not adapting to the rules. I would wonder if there is a leadership vaccuum in Red Deer now. Didn't most of your leaders from last season graduate?

It's hard to judge Reimer on one game, but he showed me a hell of a lot more than Leslie ever did. From what little I've seen, I'd be much more comfortable with Reimer in net.

Rebel66
10-23-2005, 09:55 PM
We are far enough into the season that "still learning the rules" is nothing more than an excuse.

I'm not using it as an excuse at all. I actually believe that the Rebels have not adapted to the rules due to a coaching decision, and not lack of adaptation, at this point. The Rebels appear to be playing the same way as they always have under Sutter and that is being exploited by other teams at times imo. Sutter actually was fined earlier this year for stating that he didn't like the new rules. Perhaps I'm wrong but that's sure how it seems to me.

As for leadership you might well be right. They lost most of their leaders from last season and this years' vets have not stepped up yet. However I've seen enough at times this season to have some faith that things can change. It's still relatively early. (Have you given up on the Flames season given their poor start for example? It seems to me from your posts at CP that you haven't yet.)

RunTheGoalie
10-23-2005, 10:40 PM
No, I havent given up on the Flames, for similar reasons. The ability is there, it just isnt being used properly yet.

Both the Flames and the Rebels need to step things up quickly, however. You can only dig a hole so deep before you find yourself unable to escape, ala last season's Oilers.