PDA

View Full Version : Giants 3 @ Kelowna 2 10-22

Big Daddy
10-22-2005, 10:41 PM
What a difference a day makes. Nice job boys, much better in your own end from the net out. Strong play most of the time as compared to last night. :clap:

GF71
10-22-2005, 10:46 PM
TNT gets the Hero biscuit for that one! Good job in the shoot out Tommy! :clap:

Beaner
10-22-2005, 11:08 PM
Watched the game on the Net tonight.

Much better effort from the Giants tonight. Kept the foucs, played very good team defense. Almost gave Kelowna no chances tonight, but Kelowna did manage to tie the game late in the thrid, again. Both Penalty kills were excellent tonight, even though Vancouver allowed PPG against (6-4).

NOTES
Egner and Hunt made it into the lineup tonight after being healthy scratches
Albers (Shoulder), Voytecheck (Groin?) did not play.
Tartaglione got the start tonight as did Yeomans.
Shots 32-12 for the Giants including OT.
Giants 0/4, Kelowna 1/4 on the PP.

GOALS
1. VAN Bartley, (6) (Blum), 7:27 - Blum takes the big shot from the point, and Bartley gets the nice deflection past yeomans.
2. KEL Edler, (3) , 12:27 - Vancouver gets a great chance to score, Edler takes the puck from his own zone down to Vancouver and fires a Laser from the top of the Faceoff circle past Tartaglione.
3. VAN Bartley, (7) (Repik), 4:46 - Bartley gets a pass from Repik and Fires a nice hard shot fromt he circle past Yeomans **.
3. KEL Long, (1) (Keller, Card), 19:21 (PP) - 6-4, since Yeomans is on the bench, Keller gets the puck off the half boards, passes to Card who gets it to Long in the slot and he rips it into the Net.

** On Bartley's second goal, the red light does not go on, no signal from the Ref. Giants start the celebration, Kelowna stops, realizes no whistle, Bauer grabss the puck and heads down the ice on a Breakaway. Gets hauled down but doesnt score. Zalasky indicates the Penalty shot, has a meeting with the linesman for about a minute, then indicates the Giants goal. Even the Kelowna radio guys said it was a Giant goal, right call in the end but for a few seconds there thought the Giants were going to get the short end of the stick. The radio guys weren't too happy, but it was the right call.

SHOOTOUT
2-0
Kraus, and Bartley score for the Giants, Nothing for Keller and Comeau.

FISTICUFFS
Lucic vs Schenn. After a meeting in the Corner, both drop the gloves and give it a go. Schenn gets the early advantage, but Lucic manages to get a few shots in late and the jersey over Schenn's head. More a wrestling match than anything, a few good punches thrown by both guys but no clear cut winner. DRAW.

OFFICIATING
Zalasky got the call tonight and I thought he did a good job. Nothing really stood out. A couple missed, but nothing drastic. Maybe he could call the guy from the other night and give him some tips. GRADE B+

INTERNET VIDEO BROADCAST
A little too bright tonight. Besides that good. GRADE B, Radio guys wre very good. I enjoyed listening to the Kelowna Guys, best I have heard thus far. GRADE A.

DUMB PENALTY OF THE NIGHT AWARD
Lamb, holding the Stick late in the third, done in the Neutral zone. Pretty easy one to pick.

OVERALL
A much better effort from the Giants, from the entire team. Once again they prove that when they work as a Team they give themselves a chance to win. Kelowna could just not get anything going tonight at all. Giants managed to hold the Rockets to 2 shots in the third and Zero in the O/T. I was very happy with effort, probably deserved to win in Regulation time, but it's Kelowna. :spineyes: They never give up.

Nicely done boys, way to bounce back, and get the 2 points tonight.

3 Stars
1. VAN - 19 Mitch Bartley
2. KEL - 3 Alexander Edler
3. VAN - 26 Michal Repik

PS - I really like that Edler for Kelowna. He is going to be a great D-man for the future.

scamperdog
10-22-2005, 11:51 PM
last place in the BC Division, yet no worse than third in any other division hopefully the BC Division is tight like this to the end.

rinkrat
10-23-2005, 01:07 PM
That would sure suck to miss the playoffs when you would be third in any other division! :confused:

C.F
10-23-2005, 07:14 PM
That would sure suck to miss the playoffs when you would be third in any other division! :confused:
Well it looks like one team in our division will be burned, I just hope it's not us.

Jovorock
10-24-2005, 07:11 AM
The better team won Saturday night, thats for sure. Edler is improving everynight and will be great in a Canuck uni. What a great snap shot Alex had, he just roofed it over the Giant goalie.

I don't know how the ref can't call a goal that he is close to the net that a linesman is standing at the blue line makes the call that it is a goal? I never seen the highlights, maybe it was a goal, but how can a linesman make that call from so far away?

Beaner
10-24-2005, 10:09 AM
I don't know how the ref can't call a goal that he is close to the net that a linesman is standing at the blue line makes the call that it is a goal? I never seen the highlights, maybe it was a goal, but how can a linesman make that call from so far away?

I watched it 4 times on the archive, but it was too hard to make out the puck due to the quality of the broadcast. I am still not 100% sure. The players reactions, on both teams, and the radio guys comments, make me still believe it was a goal. Kelowna stopped dead until they realized there had been no call.

The linesman was on the opposite side of the ice to the ref, so he had a much better line of site to see the puck go in and come back out behind Yeomans, as opposed to the ref who was directly behind Bartley at the half boards with about 4 players obstructing his view.

I'm going with the radio guys for Kelowna, who called it a goal even AFTER the Kelowna penalty shot was called. They felt though, that the ref shouldn't review the play because he called a penalty shot. If he hadn't called the penalty shot, then he could review it. Twisted logic since they thought it was a goal, and if it was a goal then, the penalty shot play never happened.

It was a very strange incident that is for sure.