PDA

View Full Version : Blazers blank Chiefs

scamperdog
10-22-2005, 11:30 PM
Blazers Blank Chiefs (blazerhockey.com)

Michael Maniago made 28 saves for his first career shutout as the Blazers blanked the Chiefs 1-0 in Spokane on Saturday night.

Reid Jorgensen scored the only goal the Blazers would need at 6:47 of the first period converting a 2-on-1 feed from Ray Macias to put the visitors in front.

Final shots were 28-25 Chiefs with Maniago getting the win and Jim Watt suffering the loss.

The Blazers were 0-for-6 on the PP and 7-for-7 on the PK.

HAF
10-22-2005, 11:39 PM
Thanks guys!!! We owe you a beer down here in TC!!!

caps05
10-23-2005, 03:10 PM
Any recaps of the big fight the Blazers and Chiefs had in the first?

rezstyle
10-25-2005, 04:09 PM
"Kamloops Blazers vs Spokane Chiefs:
Reid Jorgensen vs Chris Bruton
Terrance Delaronde vs Jason Lynch
Victor Bartley vs Joe Logan
Keaton Ellerby vs Jeff Lynch
T.J. Murlock vs J.P. Szaszkiewicz

*It is hard to accurately match up multiple fighting majors in a brawl like this based only on the WHL website box score. So if any of these match ups are incorrect, please let me know*"

"Both Lynch brothers were in on the line, and I know that Joe Logan for Spokane wasn't in on the initial brawl. All 4 defenseman on the ice paired up, but heald eachother for a minute...then they went at it. All 5 fights were farily even. I'd say spokane won 3 of the 5."

As I was not at the game, I can't back this, but these two above quotes were taken from hockeyfights forums. If it is true that Spokane won 3 of the 5, I'd put money on both Lynch's and Bruton as the other two have never fought that I know of.