PDA

View Full Version : All you Rebel Fans

hockey4
10-23-2005, 12:24 AM
I have been reading all your posts complaining about how this team sucks and what not, well let me inform you all of some things. Real fans do not complain consistently about the team they cheer for, real fans look for the positives. When you look at the rebels roster and see 7 rookies and 3 other 17 year olds, what are you gonna expect. This is junior hockey people, you can not be talented every year. Hell i would say were doing not bad considering we have only played 4 home games. And about Sutter not adapting to the new system, well last time i checked, weve scored more goals than eight other teams in the league, and once again go back and look at our roster. And for all you hitmen fans saying how terrible we are, lets go back about 3 years and see who the terrible team was, in fact since our Mem. Cup Victory weve held the edge in games won, plus id say weve done a little better in postseason, so dont give me this bull**** about how overpowing your team is. Wait till we play a few games in our barn, then well check the season record. But back to rebels fans, lets support our team, they read this board and when they see us critisizing them, there confidence is shot. So lets put this negative talk on the backburner for a while.

Rebel66
10-23-2005, 12:45 AM
I think you'll find that most Rebels fans on this board are mostly very positive towards the team. This is very much a rebuilding year and we all accept that. There is some great talent coming through on this team for sure.

Personally I don't think that the team has adapted that well to the new rules.......yet. When, and if, they do I believe they'll do much better. Whatever happens though I'll still fully support this team.

Rebrevs
10-23-2005, 08:57 AM
To hockey4.... I adamantly agree with Rebel66. I haven't seen your handle very often which tells me you must be new to the board. Watch carefully and you will find there are a group of posters who have been around a long time and who are positive supporters of the Rebels in this rebuilding year. Please refer to my response to Peatfan on the WHL message board. I agree with you entirely about the positive support these kids need this year. I would caution you however. This IS a message board. Comments about whether or not the team has adapted to the new rules are legitimate and don't need to be construed as negative.

WHL Rules
10-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Watch carefully and you will find there are a group of posters who have been around a long time and who are positive supporters of the Rebels in this rebuilding year.

Very true, Rebrevs. Unfortunately a lot of these posters (Rebel66, Shinyshoes, Charlie, tiny, ...) seem to post rather seldom on this board nowadays. I for one miss their top quality posts and (selfishly) especially Rebel66's great game recaps.

Tinner
10-23-2005, 04:21 PM
This is also an area to post opinions and you are entitled to yours as much as I am entitled to mine. Anybody can and will say what they feel. We also know that this is a rebuilding year, but that is not a reason for poor play. Let the reason for the team being unsucessful be because they are trying or giving 100% every shift they take the ice for and then we can say its our inexperience, our youth and our lack of skills in certain areas that is the reason we are losing. According to Coach/GM Sutter himself, the reason we are not doing as well as HE expects is because of the effort being put forth.

There are lots of opportunities to be critical during a "rebuilding season" if we want to call this year that, and there are lots of times to be positive. I believe everyone, including me, have been more than fair with respect to critical/positive opinions. When there are positives, they have certainly been brought to light. That said, everyone one of us are season ticket holders and have been for years, are you?

frontrow fan
10-23-2005, 05:15 PM
I think most of the posters here agree that it's not so much the lack of wins that the fans are having trouble with, its the lack of EFFORT... as someone posted, most of us are long time fans and have been around for the glory years. Now that it's a rebuilding year, that's what we expect, but the lack of effort and urgency that seems to be plagueing this team is what is disheartening. I could accept losing, if the team was putting everything and anything into each game. But that doesn't seem to be the case.. I think it's frustration more than anything!! Sutter can't seem to get a solid game in and game out effort from all players all the time! If we're this frustrated, imagine how he feels!! As for "hockey4" I haven't seen too many posts by you, so I will take your comments with a grain of salt!!
Looking forward to our 3 game home stand!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No time like now to turn the proverbial corner!!!

KEEPING THE FAITH!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Rebel66
10-23-2005, 07:21 PM
I for one miss their top quality posts and (selfishly) especially Rebel66's great game recaps.

Thanks for that. I will post some thoughts on the games from time to time but right now with three small children with me at the game (and at home afterwards!) it's much more difficult to fully concentrate and offer accurate opinions. That will change with time though. I do enjoy writing the recaps and hope to do so again.........sometime!

D.A.
10-24-2005, 06:43 AM
Hockey4 - I agree with your wholeheartedly. Some of the stuff said on this board is completely out of line. To criticize is one thing; to trash individual players with name calling is another. These guys are teenagers who are here to learn the game. As a team, they're rebuilding, which makes it all the tougher (everyone looks exponentially worse). They need support and encouragement and *constructive* criticism - not cat calls and put-downs.

Rebel66
10-24-2005, 08:43 AM
Some of the stuff said on this board is completely out of line. To criticize is one thing; to trash individual players with name calling is another.

With all due respect how many of the Rebels fans here actually trash individual players like that? The absolute vast majority here wholeheartedly support the players. After saying that I believe,as I know you do, that constructive criticism and debate is warranted and what a message board should be all about. Otherwise what would really be the point? A cheerleading board would grow tiresome awfully quickly.

I totally agree that individual name-calling comments should have no place and I'd agree with that whether the player was playing in the pros with the Flames or junior for the Rebels.