PDA

View Full Version : Reimer only one to play

peatfan
10-23-2005, 01:15 AM
Once again the Rebels never showed up in Calgary. Except for Reimer who I thought should have been first star. Very impressed with him. Is something wrong with Vandermeer. He hasn't done anything against the HITMEN. Usually he is a pain in the a##hole but this year nothing. Rome and Wick were both disappoining. Better effort than last time but still a long way to go. Knowing Sutter this won't last. Only skater I thought was hustling was LAmoureaux. He sure doesn't pick his spot. Might not win his fights but he does show up. Wouldn't mind seeing him on my team. Mihalek you can keep. BIG disappointment.

Tinner
10-23-2005, 06:16 AM
I couldn't agree more with you.

I'll debate the pros and cons with anyone, on the problems this team has....its our defense. As a group, they are horrible and as individual players they have skills, but will not, can not or have not learnt to play together. Everything from dumb penalties, poor passing, lack of skating and No physical play has rendered this group a big liability game in and game out. Sure the effort is there, but you need a leader, you need someone who brings the group together, and maybe it might be Hanson. Until that happens, the mistakes made will constantly lead to scoring chances and the goalies can't stop everything.

hockey4
10-23-2005, 08:34 AM
I agree as well. Penalties have kileld this team and its the same suspect, Flatters. Its 1-1 against calgary and he takes his second of the game, Vandermeer from what i heard fans on the clearing attempt, and they go back and score. We need to play the hitmen at home to give these kids some confidence, that huge rink with its hick fans is togh to play in.

hockey4
10-23-2005, 08:35 AM
Reimer did play good as well and hopefully he starts the next few. the refing was also very disappointing last night. Sounds like a weak call on wick with 3 1/2 left to go.

Courtney08-
10-23-2005, 11:43 AM
I agree too.. Reimer was amazing.. The guys just arent coming out and playing like a team its really to bad to see this happening