PDA

View Full Version : Tri-City/Everett Game Notes

Scout
10-23-2005, 09:37 AM
Game notes for Saturday's game in Everett, courtesy of Americans broadcaster Craig West.

The Last Time
The Tri-City Americans (3-4, fourth place in the U.S. Division) saw a two-game winning streak come to an end with a 5-4 loss to the archrival Spokane Chiefs at Toyota Center last Saturday night. The Chiefs took a 4-1 lead early in the third period but the Americans would storm back to knot the game at 4-all on goals by Matt Schneider (3), Jason Beeman (5) and Phil Magistrale (1). Chris Inglis (1) added a first period tally for Tri-City. The Chiefs would take advantage of a power play opportunity in the final three minutes as Chris Bruton's shot from the right circle would elude Carey Price for the winner at 17:35. The contest was a battle of special teams as Spokane would go 4-9 on the power play and score once shorthanded. The Americans went 1-8 with the man advantage. The Chiefs lead the 12-game Highway 395 series 2-0. The teams will meet again in Spokane on Saturday, November 5th.

Americans Name Schneider Captain
20-year-old Matt Schneider became the Americans 17th captain in team history when the club bestowed the "C" on the 6'7", 190 pounder from Vernon, B.C. Wednesday. Schneider will be supported by fellow 20-year-old's Ian McDonald and Jason Beeman along with 19-year-old defenseman Logan Stephenson as alternate captains. 18-year-old goaltender Carey Price will assist in the leadership group but will not wear an "A" due to rules not allowing goaltenders to serve in this position. "With this core leadership group we feel that we have the makings of a very good hockey team," said Americans head coach Don Nachbaur. "It's in the right hands and this group will lead us in the right direction today and into the future." "It's a new challenge for me but I feel I have a good support group to help me," said Schneider. "I'm truly honored to be selected and it?s a great privilege for me."

Who's Hertz? Hertz Car Rental Injury Report
Alex Aldred (spleen) one week.

Americans vs. Everett
The Americans are 0-1 against the Silvertips in the 10-game season series. Everett snapped a five-game regular season winless skid against the Americans with a 3-0 shutout victory at Toyota Center on October 8th. Zach Hamill scored twice while Peter Mueller added a single. Goaltender Leland Irving was sharp, stopping all 28 Tri-City shots including 16 in the third period. The Silvertips went 1-7 on the power play while the Americans were 0-5. The teams won't meet again until Friday, November 25th in Kennewick.

Did You Know?
The Americans have drawn 17,787 fans to the first five games in the Toyota Center, averaging 3,557 fans per game. Last year the club averaged 3,270 per date?Jason Beeman has been on a tear. "Beemer" has points in three straight games (4-3-7) and has five goals, nine points and two game winners in shootout wins over Saskatoon and Prince Albert. Beeman's career best totals were last year with 13 goals, 31 points in 65 games?Matt Schneider has goals in three straight games?Phil Magistrale's goal last Saturday was the first in his WHL career?Ryan Gillen collected his first WHL point with an assist last Saturday night?The Americans are 7-21, 33.3% on the power play in the last three games?Tri-City is 1-3 against U.S. Division rivals.

Up Next
The Americans are idle until next Tuesday, October 25th when they host the Brandon Wheat Kings s at 7:05 pm in the Toyota Center. Airtime for the Farmers Insurance Warm-Up Show is 6:45 pm on News Talk 870 KFLD.

Scout