PDA

View Full Version : Speedy Creek at Hitmen-Game 13

Hitmen1
10-23-2005, 05:34 PM
Oh boy! A rough start for the boys tonight. 2 quick goals by the Broncos. Hopefully they get their legs under them and start the comeback! Curle called it the worst period of the season.

Hitmen1
10-23-2005, 08:18 PM
Lack of finish hurt the boys tonight. Sounded like they dominated the 3rd period and came darn close in the closing seconds of the game.

The_Vulk
10-23-2005, 09:19 PM
But it never should have gotten to that stage.

Turnovers in the Hitmen's own end lead to both of the Broncos' early goals.

And it was not until the third that they started to play like the Hitmen Hockey Team we know them to be.

And I know we have to protect the goalies, but a 5 minute major for charging? And the hit happened in the face-off circle, with the SC goalie playing the puck.

RunTheGoalie
10-23-2005, 09:25 PM
What do you expect when we are saddled with the worst referee in all of hockey? I seriously do not know how Derek Herman has a job. Two things were obvious tonight: Swift Current is a team of great actors, and Herman officiates based on the reaction of the players rather than the actions themselves. That clown needs to go.

That major penalty was a joke. Moscaluk and their goalie were both charging for the puck, and happened to meet at the same time. It was ugly, it was unfortunate, but it was coincidental contact.

That said, can't blame this loss on the retarded zebra. Calgary didnt show up until late in the second, and even if you are facing a bottom feeder, you gotta play a full game to win. As it is, we should have gotten it into OT, as TWICE in the last 15 seconds, Hitmen players had wide open nets, but failed to lift the puck over the prone goaltender. Just no finish.

Swift was the better team, and they deserve the two points. It's as simple as that.

Vantuch really needs to be dropped from this team. He adds absolutely nothing. He spent all night tonight trying to make those selfish end-to-end rushes, even though he had teammates wide open, that did not amount to anything. Reminds me of Pushkarev early last season, expect that Vantuch has absolutely no scoring ability that I can see.

peatfan
10-24-2005, 01:19 AM
Vantuch the hardest worker? He had one good rush and that was all. HArdly the hardest worker. In my opinion the hardest was Moscaluk until Idiot deceided to toss him from the game because Yonkman hit him. The first star chould have been #14 for Swift. All over the ice with the puck and always dangerous. Terrible first period, awful second but good third with an exciting finish. Hit goal post from winning it. The way they were going the HITMEN would have scored in OT. Herman a terrible excuse for a ref but not the reason we lost. Swift outskated us for the first two periods. When is Spence going in the nets. He should have started today. Hopefully on Tuesday. If he never plays he won't develop. :mad:

RunTheGoalie
10-24-2005, 10:12 AM
I think Spence would have started last night if Red Deer hadn't given Pogge the night off on Saturday.