PDA

View Full Version : Blades 3rd Jersey

Nook
10-24-2005, 01:19 AM
On my way to the George Canyon concert tonight I was stopped at the Idywylde/22nd street intersection and I looked into Olympian Sports and I think I saw the Blades 3rd jersey...

Pac man logo? On a blue jersey? Same pac man logo that is on the shoulder patches?

I love that logo. It may not make much sense anywhere else, but who cares.

shazam
10-24-2005, 09:21 PM
if you have season tickets, or have bought a program at any games, you can see the new (old) pac man logo. It's on every other ticket and on the front of the 05 - 06 program.

Nook
10-25-2005, 03:33 PM
I had to stop in at olympian today and I'm pretty sure it's the third Jersey. I took a picture with my phone but I don't know If I should post it or not. Nice looking jersey, i must say.

Triton
10-25-2005, 04:29 PM
Can you post the picture please.

Tidball
10-25-2005, 07:16 PM
During the Blades entrance video(Which can be viewed for free at www.saskatoonblades.com) they show a gold logo. A mixure of the old and newer one. Black Jersey with gold logo, it looks amazing. Nicest jersey in the dub easily if they use it. Crap though, if they end up using this blue one. :(

Tidball
10-25-2005, 07:41 PM
The Side Logo on the shoulders....
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/WWE_Wizard77777/Blades2.jpg

The main Logo....
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y285/WWE_Wizard77777/Blades.jpg

Wouldnt those be amazing looking jerseys? Gold name and numbers on the back.... Oh boy those would look awesome, i would buy one forsure.

Trav
10-25-2005, 07:59 PM
looks really nice.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-25-2005, 08:31 PM
That logo is awesome, now to wait until Friday to see what they actually look like,If that is going to be the logo on the jersey then i will buy one for sure and even if that is not the logo,I will still buy the 3rd Jersey, I hope that will be the logo for the new 3rd jersey though. :thumb:

Tidball
10-25-2005, 10:55 PM
I had to stop in at olympian today and I'm pretty sure it's the third Jersey. I took a picture with my phone but I don't know If I should post it or not. Nice looking jersey, i must say.

Post it please

Nook
10-26-2005, 12:21 AM
Sorry I was out tonight.

Here it is (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/nook291/dsa.png)

Blurry pic but that's basically all it is.

Tidball
10-26-2005, 11:42 AM
Sorry I was out tonight.

Here it is (http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d34/nook291/dsa.png)

Blurry pic but that's basically all it is.

Those are actually the same 2 logo's i have. But i thought the shoulder patch would be the main logo and vice versa. Those still look pretty nice. though.

Bran
10-31-2005, 01:29 PM
Those do look pretty good. I think they would look better though with the logos switched around, like Tidball said. What's with the team changing logos all the time though? I've never seen a team switch logos as often as the Blades. I started following the WHL in the 98/99 season and they've had no less than 4 different logos. I see nothing wrong with changing things up a bit now and then, but when a person thinks of a team, especially one like Saskatoon which has been around for awhile, there should be some continuity...a logo is part of a team's identity, it's hard to pinpoint that if they're changing every two years! I really do like this logo though, maybe they could work some of the blue/yellow in there somewhere and keep it around for awhile.

Tidball
10-31-2005, 02:18 PM
Those do look pretty good. I think they would look better though with the logos switched around, like Tidball said. What's with the team changing logos all the time though? I've never seen a team switch logos as often as the Blades. I started following the WHL in the 98/99 season and they've had no less than 4 different logos. I see nothing wrong with changing things up a bit now and then, but when a person thinks of a team, especially one like Saskatoon which has been around for awhile, there should be some continuity...a logo is part of a team's identity, it's hard to pinpoint that if they're changing every two years! I really do like this logo though, maybe they could work some of the blue/yellow in there somewhere and keep it around for awhile.

I agree. However i do like the newest jersey. A newer version of the Classic Pacman logo.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-31-2005, 05:03 PM

I have been a fan of the Blades since 98/99 and when the Blades came out with the Bulldoser Jersey, I bought one of them and I wanted to get a road bulldoser jersey as well, but i did not have the money so when a road bulldoser jersey(game Worn) was being given away during a game last season ( I decided to buy $12.00 worth of tickets and luckily my number was called and I won the no. 17 away jersey of Marcus Paulsson(if any of you remember him)So now I often buy tickets for the game worn jerseys. I bought the 3rd jersey in the Blades 40th year anerversary season, Now I plan to buy the 3rd jersey very soon. So you can say that I am a collector of jerseys. I am pretty sure that these current jerseys will be the same for many years.

Trav
10-31-2005, 05:44 PM
I like the home and away jerseys better then the new third jersey. When I saw the pic of the Saskatoon Blades with the skyline background, I thought that'd be the new 3rd jersey logo and that would've looked awesome but oh well.

Tidball
11-02-2005, 07:33 PM
I like the home and away jerseys better then the new third jersey. When I saw the pic of the Saskatoon Blades with the skyline background, I thought that'd be the new 3rd jersey logo and that would've looked awesome but oh well.

Meh, they still look good though :)

and why shouldnt i put a turkey on my post???? :turkey: