PDA

View Full Version : Panchyson trade

In the crowd
10-24-2005, 12:51 PM
I thought they traded Price because they wanted to develop the younger players, now they trade away a big part of the future. Is it just me or were those wasted trades. If I was playing GM I woulda kept him and maybe send Medicine Hat an offer like Sutter and Panchyson for Cam Barker (i've heard rumors that he wants out but don't know how true they are). That way we get a true #1 D-man.

Chipper
10-24-2005, 01:59 PM
I can't seem to find any official report on the Ice website or the WHL site. What is your source, and what did we get in return?

Triton
10-24-2005, 02:04 PM
I can't seem to find any official report on the Ice website or the WHL site. What is your source, and what did we get in return?

And where did he get traded to??

Chipper
10-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Okay I found it. I not sure why they did this for only a 6th round pick. Wasn't Panchyson a high bantam pick and a great prospect? he really did not get a chance to show his stuff. Maybe a conflict with management or demanding more ice time. Who knows why they make a deal like this. Seem kind of odd to me.

Saskatoon, SK—Jeff Chynoweth General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club today announced the team has traded 17-year-old defenseman Todd Panchyson to the Saskatoon Blades for a sixth round pick in the 2006 WHL Bantam Draft.

“The trade will give Todd an opportunity to get more playing time with the Blades. We had eight defenseman on the roster and felt we could not get him into the line-up on a regular basis. Todd is a native of Nipawin, Saskatchewan and this transaction will also give him an chance to play closer to home and we wish him all the best,” continued Chynoweth.

The move reduces the ICE roster to 23 players (three goaltenders, seven defensemen and 13 forwards).

Todd Panchyson played three games for the Ice this season. (0-0-0 0pm + 3)

Spungy
10-24-2005, 02:26 PM
news sure gets around fast doesn't it?

it is a strange trade as he seemed like a great skater and a solid dman on the ice.

I guess they know what they are doing though eh?

Pirate005
10-24-2005, 03:11 PM
I think Kootenay are going to regret this on. I've seen Todd several times in the past 3 or 4 years and to me he is a great skater and a possible QB on the PP in the future. It really surprises me that Kootenay hasn't made room for him to develope into the "Mike Green" type of dman the Blades think he can be. Todd played with the Saskatoon Barons in the Bantam league a few years ago with Dansereau of the Hitmen and simply was the best Bantam aged dman for his age group in Western Canada entering his draft year 2 seasons ago. Todd played last season in the Midget AAA with the Tisdale Trojans and was one of the better dmen in the entire league as well. This trade is puzzling but the Blades brass are very excited to have added him to the roster and he will see PP time forsure.

Triton
10-24-2005, 03:34 PM
I think Kootenay are going to regret this on. I've seen Todd several times in the past 3 or 4 years and to me he is a great skater and a possible QB on the PP in the future. It really surprises me that Kootenay hasn't made room for him to develope into the "Mike Green" type of dman the Blades think he can be. Todd played with the Saskatoon Barons in the Bantam league a few years ago with Dansereau of the Hitmen and simply was the best Bantam aged dman for his age group in Western Canada entering his draft year 2 seasons ago. Todd played last season in the Midget AAA with the Tisdale Trojans and was one of the better dmen in the entire league as well. This trade is puzzling but the Blades brass are very excited to have added him to the roster and he will see PP time forsure.

He did have good #'s in Midget,and with the Blades he will have a better shot at playing as a regular.

In the crowd
10-24-2005, 04:09 PM

When I posted it I didn't know what the Ice got back, all I knew was he went to Saskatoon. I think a 6th round pick is not enough, specially for a highly touted 1st round pick.

Chipper
10-24-2005, 05:08 PM
I have absolutly no inside info, but my guess is his parents put the screws to the Ice management demanding more ice time, or trade him and this was the best they could do under the circumstances. It wouldn't be the first time a player(or father) demanded a trade. This is the only answer that I could posibly think of that would only get a 6th round pick? He will probably come back to haunt us in the future.

Lefty
10-24-2005, 05:52 PM
As a Blades fan, I'm happy to hear that Panchyson may have some offensive potential, possibly to help our lackluster power play. If he has any offensive instincts at all, I'm sure he'll get some solid time there.

Look at it this way... I believe we traded you Aaron Rome for nothing a couple seasons ago, and he turned into a great player (who you ended up trading to Swift Current). Hopefully you can return the favour.

In the crowd
10-24-2005, 07:50 PM
We gave you Jordin Wallin for Rome. Whatever happened to him, I don't know

Lefty
10-24-2005, 09:25 PM
We gave you Jordin Wallin for Rome. Whatever happened to him, I don't know
If I remember correctly, he played about 10 games before being sent down to a lower league. He never made it back onto the Blades team. :dead:

tender
10-25-2005, 12:07 AM
surprised to hear this trade today but if he wasnt going to get the playing time to devlope then unfortunetly for the ice they had to do something to help todd out and maybe their wasnt any other takers or other teams wanted too much more than the ice were willing to give up this is just my thought .

Spungy
10-25-2005, 08:34 AM
Todd will be playing against us on wednesday night! I look forward to hearing how he does and wish him all the best with Saskatoon!!