PDA

View Full Version : Gilbert Brule

Big Daddy
10-24-2005, 03:47 PM
I found this interesting, any thoughts?

From the National Post 10-19-2005:

Vancouver Giants, Brule may soon be heading their separate ways
It's becoming more apparent by the day that there's a rift between the Western Hockey League's Vancouver Giants and Gilbert Brule, their first marquee attraction. It's a sound bet that, after his cracked sternum heals, Brule will be sent back to junior by the Columbus Blue Jackets; the odds are just as good that the Giants will trade him not long after his plane touches the tarmac at Vancouver International. Brule's father, Chris, has told anyone who will listen that, in the event his son doesn't catch on full-time with Columbus, he would better off playing in Europe rather than for the Giants, and, in particular, Vancouver coach Don Hay. Vancouver is playing well without Brule, who was the sixth overall pick in this year's draft, and one has to wonder whether his fancy skills would mesh with the lunch-bucket personality the team has adopted.

rinkrat
10-24-2005, 04:44 PM
Old news.Thats a copy of this aticle from the Province.
http://www.network54.com/Forum/131949/thread/1129735684/Van+Prov+art.++%28There%27s+a+rift+between+junior+ team+and+budding+NHLer%2C+who+could+be+traded%29

GFan101
10-24-2005, 04:45 PM
Haha funny consituring his plane has ALREADY touched down in Vancouver and he was sitting AT the vancouver giants game WITH the teams SCRATCHES on Friday night....stupid national post way to read into stuf that deeply. He wouldn't be at the game watching if he wouldnt play for them....

GF71
10-24-2005, 05:01 PM
Everybody MUST keep in mind that Chris Brule is just like Lindros senior. He is living vicarioulsy through his son, and is the stereotypical..... ummmmmm...what's the best way to put this....stereo typical "involved" :rolleyes: hockey parent. Just ask him...he knows what is best...more so than JP Barrie (Gilbert's agent) even! He holds court at most giants games.

rinkrat
10-24-2005, 05:08 PM
what section? I gotta get a load of this?

GFan101
10-24-2005, 05:10 PM
up in the box my friend could see him she was below them....

GF71
10-24-2005, 07:21 PM
Behind section G...pretty much beside the world Junior stuff that they are selling. He will be surrounded by the hangers on...try to listen to him...it is good for a laugh.

CLOOCH
10-24-2005, 10:33 PM
im a HUGE fan of Gilbert's, he is my favorite player, but he really needs to tell his dad to keep his opinion to himself as its his career, Eric Lindros still gets teased today about his "daddy" fighting for him.

why cand Chris Brule just sit back and enjoy his son's success. instead he would rather live through his son.

i hope Gilbert doesnt get traded, he would be deadly with the giants this year

thankyougiants
10-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Chris Brule is in section H a few rows above the cement barrier! I have over heard him beak off about everyone in the Giants organization. The seats that he is in are club seats. They are not his.. He gets them when Toigo says so.. last year he was there every game. This years he has had to missed a few. He also was bummed this year because he didn't get the free parking pass. Boo Hoo!

I saw Brule up in the box at Fridays game.. I was praying that he'd take his Dad up there with him! No such luck..

I have my fingers crossed that he will be AWOL for the rest of the season~

langdak
11-03-2005, 05:23 PM
http://mojoradio.ca/news/sports_local.cfm?cat=74280912&rem=22687&red=801023aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=sports_local.cfm

Bluejacket coach talks Brule
Nov, 03 2005 - 11:50 AM

VANCOUVER/MOJO(AM730) - The Columbus Blue Jackets are next up for the Canucks, as they visit GM Place tomorrow night.
Unfortunately for local fans, the old Vancouver Giant star Gilbert Brule is not with the team. Brule remains sidelined with a broken sternum.
Blue Jacket head coach Gerard Gallant, spoke on the MOJO Morning Show today about where Brule is in his rehab. “His rehabs coming pretty well,” said Gallant. “I think he’s still about a month away from contact hockey. He was playing very well for us and working real hard, that was a big injury for our hockey team, especially for the kid too.”
Gallant and the Blue Jackets are prepared to give Brule a fair shot. “We just want to give the kid a fair chance,” Gallant said. “If he’s good enough to make our hockey team better that’s what it’s all about.”