PDA

View Full Version : Calla/Hamill on Team WHL

Tipped Off
10-26-2005, 02:14 PM
Calla and Hamill Named to Team WHL
Silvertips Duo to Participate in the ADT Canada/Russia Challenge
Everett Silvertips Press Release

Everett, WA - Silvertips forwards Brady Calla and Zach Hamill have been selected to Team WHL who will play in the 2005 ADT Canada/Russia Challenge on Thursday, December 1st in Regina, Saskatchewan. It is the first time in franchise history that a Silvertips player is participating in the event.

Currently Zach Hamill is tied for 3rd in scoring on the Silvertips with 3 goals and 8 assists for 11 points. The Port Coquitlam, BC finished as the top 16-year old scorer in the WHL last season with 33 points (8 goals, 25 assists). Hamill also finished 2nd in scoring at the 2005 World Under-18 World Cup in the Czech Republic for Team Canada by posting 5 goals and 3 assists.

Brady Calla currently has tallied 3 goals and 4 assists for 7 points this season for the Silvertips. Last season Calla added 11 goals and 10 assists for 21 points in his first season with the Silvertips. The Kelowna, BC native was also named an assistant captain for Team Canada at the World Under-18 World Cup in the Czech Republic.

The Silvertips next home game will be Wednesday night against the Portland Winter Hawks at the Everett Events Center. Game time is set for 7:05 p.m. For individual seating for all Silvertips home games, log onto www.everettsilvertips.com and for season, 22 and 14 game packages, flex packs and group tickets contact the Silvertips office at (425) 252-5100.

Kristi
10-26-2005, 02:27 PM
I am definately surprised by this! But congrats to both guys! :clap:

Tipped Off
10-26-2005, 02:47 PM
I would have to say I am surprised as well. I am also concerned.

(from a poster on another board):

Dec 2 - Port @ Evt
Dec 3 - Evt 2 Port.

Hopefully this game in Regina, SK won't affect them for these two games. Two scenarios are 1. they do make it back for one or both, but are dawg tired from the flight/bus/car trip back and forth or 2. they don;t make it back in time. This would be right about the 6 week period people are expecting Wheat and Fiala to miss....so could you imagine no Wheat, Fiala, Calla or Hamill for two U.S divison games against Portland? My best guess would be they miss the Dec. 2 game in Evt and catch up with the team in Portland.

Kristi
10-26-2005, 02:51 PM
they should be back for the game on the 2nd. It's not a hard flight from Regina to Seattle, just one stop in Calgary.

they might be given the option not to play the game on the 2nd but they will be back in Everett.