PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Vs. Medicine Hat

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
10-26-2005, 09:03 PM
Sounds like a bad game for us right now, with Medicine Hat taking advantage of any mistake we've made throughout the game. Four goals currently against us at this time, that hurts. A short handed goal against us? Ouch!

On a positive note, good to see one of our newest pickups, Weise, scoring his first WHL goal. Nicely done.

Hope things improve in the rematch this Friday, should be an intense game.

10-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Sorry guys, I put the wrong title on the thread. Not sure if you can change it Scout. I meant Medicine Hat instead of Red Deer.

I should really quit the Crack when typing these things out... :spineyes:

CHtoo
10-26-2005, 11:34 PM
Sorry guys, I put the wrong title on the thread. Not sure if you can change it Scout. I meant Medicine Hat instead of Red Deer.

I should really quit the Crack when typing these things out... :spineyes:

Your wish is our command.

Actually didn't know if I could do it but figured it out even at this late hour. :D

10-27-2005, 05:41 PM
Are a wizard. Thanks Chtoo.

Scout
10-28-2005, 06:40 AM
I am a little lost here. Can someone tell me how one of our best offensive players is getting the crap beat out of him? Was Ned looking for this fight or did Barker go after him? Benke and Toulmin were not dressed but where was Leckovic and Rumsey? From all that i have read Ned took a pretty good beating.

Scout

Tiger9
10-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Ned was in Barkers face a few times, i think challenging him. Finally Barker had enough and beat on him. I think Ned was surprised, cause he had been trying for quite a while to get Barker to go, so when they dropped the mitts, Barker got the best hold and was able to throw all the punches.

On another note, Boris Leckovic is a waste of a roster space in my opinion. I think his job is to be the fighter on your team, not Ned's. Boris is too worried about making gestures to players than playing hockey. He got levelled by Robertson and his glove fell off, but Robertson's helmut fell off. So he got up right by the Tigers bench and was waving hius arms at the helmut and Robertson, like he made the big hit cause Robertson's helmut came off. He looked like a total idiot. Then later in the game when there was a scrum, he did nothing to stick up for his teammates or fire up his team. Once again he started waving his arms and calling on the whole bench from across the ice. I think he has a few too many loose screws.

http://homepage.canopycanada.net/~cyuhas/tiger.gif

Scout
10-28-2005, 05:46 PM
Thanks Tiger9. I thought it might be something like that. Ned should never be fighting or allowed to fight. He's a scorer. Leave the fighting up to Benke,Toulmin,Rumsey and Leckovic. Don't know what Ned was trying to prove but by the sounds of it it backfired.

Scout

chiefgongshow
10-28-2005, 06:23 PM
i think theres more to it than meets the fans eye. we dont know what is said on the ice during the games and from all accounts ive been hearing swifts coach was very upset that no one would stand up to barker, which leads me to believe that something was going on all game whether it be taking little slashes/ cheap shots at the swift players or if it was just the attitude showed by barker. on the other hand if it was ned starting it for no reason, you cant really blame him. hes got to be frustrated with how the years going so far, and if youre going to try to fight you may was well take on the best d man for the tigers.

ointhecreek
10-28-2005, 10:25 PM
I'd like to know what's up with Rumsey. He was one of two tough guys dressed. He seems to be backing off the rough stuff lately. Tonite Raffl had to play the roll. Come on Myles, we all know you can do it! Or is there a reason I don't know about? :confused:

Flathead
10-28-2005, 10:40 PM
I'd like to know what's up with Rumsey. He was one of two tough guys dressed. He seems to be backing off the rough stuff lately. Tonite Raffl had to play the roll. Come on Myles, we all know you can do it! Or is there a reason I don't know about? :confused:
The game was won, Maxwell dropped his mitts, Rumsey laughed at him and told him he was a waste of his time. We all know Rumsey would have beat Maxwell dumber. In a way I wish Raffl would have left Maxwell standing there looking stupid, but it was good to see Raffl show that he wants to be a part of the team.

ointhecreek
10-28-2005, 11:15 PM
The game was won, Maxwell dropped his mitts, Rumsey laughed at him and told him he was a waste of his time. We all know Rumsey would have beat Maxwell dumber.
So why didn't he? Thats my point. Thats all he seems to do lately is laugh and skate away. If the guy asks for it, give it to him! I don't know, maybe he was told not to fight anymore.

In a way I wish Raffl would have left Maxwell standing there looking stupid, but it was good to see Raffl show that he wants to be a part of the team.
I think he would have done all right if he wouldn't have slipped and fell. Nice to see him get involved. Good pickup.

Flathead
10-29-2005, 12:55 AM
So why didn't he? Thats my point. Thats all he seems to do lately is laugh and skate away. If the guy asks for it, give it to him! I don't know, maybe he was told not to fight anymore.

I think he would have done all right if he wouldn't have slipped and fell. Nice to see him get involved. Good pickup.
Every time you scrap you take a chance getting injured. Rumsey is much more valuable on the ice than sitting in the stands injured. He probally has been told not to fight as much, especially pointless ones like tonight.

Agree about Raffl, big kid with some great work ethic. It's to bad he slipped, but I'm guessing he'll be dropping the gloves again.

Willis on the Welfare
10-29-2005, 01:03 AM
Raffl has never fought before in his life!!!

After it's all over he even picked up his own gear!!! That was awesome!!! He has no idea about fighting.

What a great night at the rink! Section L is the place to be, the game was non stop intensity, the intermissions were great.

That was the best night at the rink in a long time.

Willis has had too much to drink. I'm stumbling around like Tomas Raffl trying to fight!!!

The three stars according to the radio;

1. Trumpet guy
2. North beer vendor
3. South Beer Vendor

Willi$

Scout
10-29-2005, 07:28 AM
Your right section L rocks. That trumpeter should have free seasons. Heck they should give all 10 of those guys passes. Maxwell was looking for a scrap all night. I'm glad Rumsey stood and laughed at him when he dropped the gloves. Rumsey is way to valuable to be in the box. When Maxwell challenged Raffl and threw the gloves off the face-off, Thomas was actually skating away. When Maxwell called the challenge Thomas obliged. Good to see a Euro take the helmet off. We were standing along the glass. Maxwell and Raffl after dancing around a bit, Maxwell came in hard and Raffl landed a viscious right to Maxwells beek. Then he lost his footing.

Our D shut down Med Hats forwards all night and kept them to the outside by shuting down center ice. The shots look a little lopsided but most were from the blueline and our D cleared the front of the net so Moir had a clear view of the puck. Keetly made two highlight reel saves in the first or the score would have been higher. All three new guys looked good out there. Whenever Med Hat had the puck they got hit. All in all a great game with alot of noise thanks to section L.

Also does anyone know who our back-up goalie is?

Scout

bandwagonboy
10-29-2005, 07:50 AM
What happened in the Benfeld/Aspenlind fight?

Congrats to the broncs, I had this bad feeling that the tigers would waltz into swift and then get their asses handed to them.

Scout
10-29-2005, 08:32 AM
This started when Aspenlind cross checked Benfeld in the face after Aspenlind checked him into the boards. They dropped the mitts and grabbed a hold of each other. They were in so close that neither landed any damaging punches. They did exchange rights from real close quarters and were hugging each other hard and then were throwing body shots. Aspenlind knocked Benfelds helmet off but still couldn't land any solid punches. Because they were in so close alot of the punches were rabbit punches. I call it a draw and no damage done to either.

Scout

Ms. Hockey
10-29-2005, 08:51 AM
I believe it was Jordan Barry from the Legionaires. He's a pretty decent goalie...I think he stopped 72/79 shots in a game with the Legion this year! He was drafted/listed with the Giants a few years back but they removed him from their list.

bandwagonboy
10-29-2005, 09:40 AM
This started when Aspenlind cross checked Benfeld in the face after Aspenlind checked him into the boards. They dropped the mitts and grabbed a hold of each other. They were in so close that neither landed any damaging punches. They did exchange rights from real close quarters and were hugging each other hard and then were throwing body shots. Aspenlind knocked Benfelds helmet off but still couldn't land any solid punches. Because they were in so close alot of the punches were rabbit punches. I call it a draw and no damage done to either.

Scout

Thanks for the recap. I was hoping that at least I could say that the tigers won the battles but I suppose I don't even get that.

How did Barker play last night?

To answer a much earlier post, yeah I'd say that Barker was taking liberties on the broncs through much of their last game. From my perspective it was nice to see him finally playing tough. But at the same time nearly every time he went into the corner he could have nearly been called for roughing. And for the record while I was cheering him as he was beating Ned, at the same time I was cringing because I hated seeing him bang those talented hands up against anyone's head.

ointhecreek
10-29-2005, 10:45 AM
Every time you scrap you take a chance getting injured. Rumsey is much more valuable on the ice than sitting in the stands injured. He probally has been told not to fight as much, especially pointless ones like tonight.

I hate to disagree with you again, and maybe the only one, but I don't think it's pointless when someone has been taking cheap shots at your skilled players all night. You need to show them there are consequences. Barker just about took Hunters head off in the corner and nothing was done. If you don't want Rumsey to do it then dress someone who can. He keeps sitting the biggest guys to match their speed, I understand that, but you should have one tough guy dressed.
Just my opinion. ;)

Broncs in RD
10-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Rumsey is a great Dman, but what got him to this point in his career. I remeber Rumsey for his tough play and FIGHTING. You should always have a fighter dressed.....always especially with the ***** cats in town.

bronco rep
10-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Whow what did dean tell the boys? If that team plays like that the rest of the yr we are in for a treat.I can't believe how much med hat shoot the puck at the net.Cam barker you are in a league by yourself . :clap: for section L again , I even seen a couple of old people :clap: Oh yeah the older people love the sax & trumpet. I heard we have brought in russel monette as moir's backup. Did anyone notice sauer out there? All around great effort boys.Man is the ccc getting to be a fun place to go watch hockey.Now remember boys hard work pays off & good luck in pa tonight. GO BRONCOS GO.

Toswammi
10-29-2005, 01:46 PM
Wow what a sweet game that was!!!! First off i have to give shout outs to the rest of the crew in L, that was electric.
It's easy to say that i don't have a voice left after that game but i can still type. Games are so much funner when you just cheer for anything, it gets the building going, and i am sure a lot of you joined in and had a good time too.
I was kinda expecting more tiger fans there to cheer against us though, they seemed quite, or we were just louder, i don't know.
The broncos played a great game, the special teams was by far the best i've seen them in a long time. When you win the special team battles you usually win the game. Awesome team effort, and you can't say enough the effort in our own zone, they cleared the net, and Moir saw a lot of the 50 some shots.
Whats up with Barker, i have no idea who he is a first round draft pick, by the end of the game he seemed more concerned with the crowd than the game.
Bub's was awesome with the trumpet it is a shame he is leaving in December, we will miss them. Like a good agitator he pumped the home crowd, and really pissed off the bench. The ass't coach (i think) was spraying water at him and banging a goalie stick against the window.
Other highlights, getting on tv, that was sweet, big D winning the 50/50. Next up is Wednsday, i think we are all going, or at least most of us. It's a game time decision of sorts, but if you want to join us, just bring your voice.

Tigerfan96
10-29-2005, 02:02 PM
I dont think many tiger fans made the trip. It was quiet for tiger fans. All players have off games and from what i hear barks played pretty good. So for him to not play up to par that alright. I agree rumsey has to start fighting. But fighting the guys that are causing it. Not grabbing kevin undershoot and dragging him around. Then when Baldwin stepped to help Rumsey left and had nothing to do with him. He's gotta start playing his game. Tough hockey!

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-29-2005, 04:05 PM
Whow what did dean tell the boys? If that team plays like that the rest of the yr we are in for a treat.I can't believe how much med hat shoot the puck at the net.Cam barker you are in a league by yourself . :clap: for section L again , I even seen a couple of old people :clap: Oh yeah the older people love the sax & trumpet. I heard we have brought in russel monette as moir's backup. Did anyone notice sauer out there? All around great effort boys.Man is the ccc getting to be a fun place to go watch hockey.Now remember boys hard work pays off & good luck in pa tonight. GO BRONCOS GO.

The Blades might be in some trouble because when Anton Khudobin leaves for the Canada Vs Russia series and also the World Junior Hockey Championships then the Blades other backup goalies are: 16 yr old Braeden Holtby and 17 yr old Cameron Reid. When the Blades reassigned Russel Monette they probably did this because they did not want to reassign Kevin Armstrong and have 2 19 yr old goalies on the roster, and so they could bring him back up when Khudobin leaves (as I have already mentioned) then Monette could share the goaltending duties with Kevin Armstrong.

I guess it was possible for Swift Current to pick him up and now the Blades might have somewhat of a situation to deal with, I am sure that if Lorne Molleken has to call up either Cameron Reid or Braeden holtby he will because that is really the only option or trading for a goalie but I do not think he will do that,only if Molleken was really in need of another goalie. I know this is kinda off topic but once I saw the name Russell Monette that really caught my attention.

HouseLeague
10-29-2005, 10:31 PM
Cam barker you are in a league by yourself .

Cam Barker looked very confident & strong in the play but where was his leadership? The penalty he took on Hunter was brutal and at no point did his physical intimidation stop the Bronco offense from attacking the net.

Flathead
10-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Cam Barker looked very confident & strong in the play but where was his leadership? The penalty he took on Hunter was brutal and at no point did his physical intimidation stop the Bronco offense from attacking the net.
He did look better than I've ever seen him play. He played with emotion, confidence, and some meaness. Tends to use his stick a lot, thought he got away with a lot of crosschecking. We did tend to let him skate at will, and at times looked to be intimidated by him. But yes, the penalty he took late, was very weak.

10-30-2005, 03:50 PM
Next up is Wednsday, i think we are all going, or at least most of us. It's a game time decision of sorts, but if you want to join us, just bring your voice.

It was awesome to hang out with you guys at the last game. Not bad for a group that just formed out of the spur of the moment the first time the Tigers were in town. Never will forget the first time I saw the trumpet come out. Pure greatness.

I'll see you guys Wednesday.

Section L now stands for Section LOUD!!!