PDA

View Full Version : Very important information!!!!

HAF
10-26-2005, 10:36 PM
I got this in an email today. Please copy,paste and share this with ALL of your female family members and friends. This is kinda scary!!!

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ

A friend stopped at a pay-at-the-pump gas station to get gas. Once she'd filled her gas tank and after paying at the pump, she was starting to leave, the voice of the attendant inside came over the speaker. He told her that something happened with her card and that she needed to come inside to pay. The lady was confused because the transaction showed complete and approved. She relayed that to him and was getting ready to leave but the attendant, once again, urged her to come in to pay or there'd be trouble. She proceeded to go inside and started arguing with the attendant about his threat. He told her to calm down and listen carefully:

He said that while she was pumping gas, a guy slipped into the back seat of her car on the other side and the attendant had already called the police.

She became frightened and looked out in time to see her car door open and the guy slip out. The report is that the new gang initiation thing is to
bring back a woman and/or her car.. One way they are doing this is crawling under women's cars while they're pumping gas or at grocery stores in the nighttime. The other way is slipping into unattended cars and kidnapping the women.

Please pass this on to other women, young and old alike. Be extra careful going to and from your car at night. If at all possible, don't go alone!
This is real!!

The message:

1. ALWAYS lock your car doors, even if you're gone for just a second! This includes keeping them locked while you are pumping gas. Put your keys in your pocket.

2. Check underneath your car when approaching it for reentry, and check in the backseat before getting in. Only unlock the driver door, if that's possible. Once you're safe inside the car, be sure to lock the doors.

3. Always be aware of your surroundings and of other individuals in your general vicinity, particularly at night!

Send this to
everyone, so your friends can take precautions.

AND GUYS...YOU TELL ANY WOMEN YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS.
Thanks,

Barbara Baker, Secretary Directorate of Training U.S. Army Military Police School

THIS IS TOO SERIOUS ... DO NOT DELETE. PLEASE PASS IT ON!!

LifelongChiefsFan
10-27-2005, 01:13 AM
That's some pretty scary stuff. I can't believe this world is so f$%&^# up that you can't even go to the gas station without feeling completely safe. What a bunch of crap. :mad:

WHEATMAN
10-27-2005, 11:44 AM
it really makes you miss the good old days, when you didnt have to fear pumping gas

Number_4
10-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Ya know, this is one of many reasons I prefer to have the attendent pump my gas whenever possible, especially at night. Its not uncommon for me to travel around the east watching hockey games, and sometimes there just isnt enough time to fill up for the way back before the game is done. I have also been raised slightly wary of just about everything, I have my car doors locked at all time, even in the daytime. There was a few weeks back, an incident where a young man was driving at night, someone opened his car door while he was stopped at a red light, and robbed him of whatever valuables he had on him. This was in Regina's rich east end, and it scared people pretty good.

Basically, the moral: Lock your doors and be careful. Sometimes it pays to look like a wuss and have those really nice pump guys fill your tank. (Just drive around till u see a cute one... ;) ).

Golks
10-27-2005, 04:32 PM
Urban Legend.......

Check everything out for accuracy before you spread missinformation and terror. Please and Thank you.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/madmen/backseat.asp

Number_4
10-27-2005, 05:34 PM
Just because its a supossed urban legend does not mean that some madman couldnt jump into a backseat of a car. It is always better to lock your doors and be safe than a victim of a crime. Even if locking your doors at the pump just protects your from being stolen (a daily occurance in some cities), it is always better to lock up. Perhaps just feeling safer and knowing what could happen is more valuable than totally disregarding a hypothetical situation. I always think there is some value to these warning emails- if nothing else, it may save someone from being a victim in the future. And really, just because snopes shows us that there are different versions of a 'fake' warning, what they dont tell is whether there is someone out there copycating the crime. No crime is the same, and no criminal works the same way. But what better way for a pedofile to find young girls?

I still stick by what I said earlier: lock your doors.

HAF
10-27-2005, 06:35 PM
Thank you Golks for pointing out the web site. It was not my intention to spread fear of terror or anything like that. I was simply relaying what I thought was a legitimate concern. Not only did I post this message here , I also forwarded the email to my mother, sister, mother in law, and everyone else who I care about.
This was not posted because I wanted to tell "ghost stories", this was posted because it may or may not be an issue facing unsuspecting people.

Stay-Puft
10-27-2005, 06:55 PM
Hermy, how dare you spread awareness information. Why don't you just let people lead their lives wandering around without a care in the world. :)

Urban legend or not, there are desperate people in the world (See Number 4's story) who will raid your car, home, or whatever for dares, initiations, etc. The more aware you are of your surroundings, the better off you, your close ones, and even your neighborhood might be. Lost a friend last year who was murdered for a gang initiation on school grounds. They were supposed to rob him and lured him in by asking to use a school phone to make a phone call. Then they stabbed him in the stomach. And that is no Urban Legend. God bless you, Bob.

Golks
10-27-2005, 07:16 PM
Sorry for even pointing out that there is ablsolutely NO TRUTH to the story.

It is an urban legend plain and simple. What that email/story is doing is nothing more than causing unnecessary fear among the public.

The same thing happened with that whole passing a car with it's lights out email that an RCMP officer distributed as an official release. It made the news as if it was the truth. Infact all it was was a 50 year old urban legend that someone decided to dig up and cause havoc with. In the end it caused unecessary fear and the RCMP person was disciplined.

Here is an official release from the RCMP's website regarding this case:
http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/sk/email-hoax_e.htm

Everyone has to learn to not believe everything that they get in their email. :spineyes:

Chipper
10-28-2005, 08:45 AM

It is an urban legend plain and simple. What that email/story is doing is nothing more than causing unnecessary fear among the public.

The same thing happened with that whole passing a car with it's lights out email that an RCMP officer distributed as an official release. It made the news as if it was the truth. Infact all it was was a 50 year old urban legend that someone decided to dig up and cause havoc with. In the end it caused unecessary fear and the RCMP person was disciplined.

Everyone has to learn to not believe everything that they get in their email. :spineyes:
I also think it is good information you can never be to careful. The one with the headlights, I used to flash my lights at cars but not any more and even if its not true. There are gang members that have computers also and they may think these are good ideas and enforce them into there gangs.I may be parinoid but thats the reallity of the world we live in.

Triton
10-28-2005, 08:55 AM

Settle down! I rather someone point out some acts of violence that is occuring in my area to keep me warned then have you come on here and make a mockery out of it as if it ain't important.Do you know what fans of the WWE chant when Kurt Angle comes out?Write it down.Got a pen?

Stay-Puft
10-28-2005, 09:43 AM
A quote from the website you were referencing - "Though there have been rapes wherein the attacker hid in the back seat of an automobile, they can be counted on the fingers of one hand." Well, I guess if it happens less than 5 times, then it is not worth mentioning or believing that this might actually happen. I guess someone breaking into a house to rob/rape someone must be an urban legend too, so don't lock your house at night. Come on. I agree with HAF, I would rather make my wife and family aware of the possibility of it happening, then to just dismiss it or blow it off.