PDA

View Full Version : Kootenay and Red Deer make a trade!!

fightstrap50
10-27-2005, 06:25 PM
Wow I hate seeing us losea great player like Brett sutter, but hopefully this will help us out in the long run. I liked Kurceba for a while now so this is good to hear. Best of luck to Brett we'll miss you here and wish you the absolute best in your future!

Cranbrook, BC -- Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced the club has traded 18-year-old Forward Brett Sutter to the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for 18-year-old Defenseman Paul Kurceba.

“If we are going to have long term success this season we felt we needed to add a veteran Defenseman to our line-up who can play in all situations and we are confident Paul will bring that dimension to our Hockey Club. His experience as a three year veteran of the Western Hockey League will also prove invaluable to our group of blueliners as a whole. With top four Defensemen at a premium in our League it is virtually impossible to acquire one without giving up either a top six forward or top four defenseman. It was certainly not our intention to trade a quality player and person like Brett Sutter, but to get quality you have to give up quality. We wish Brett all the best in Red Deer and thank him for his contributions to our Hockey Club,” added Chynoweth.

Paul Kurceba was the Rebels first round selection (19th overall) in the 2002 WHL Bantam Draft and was a member of Canada's Under-18 team which won the silver medal at the 2005 Under-18 World Championships held last April. Kurceba will arrive in Cranbrook tomorrow afternoon and will be in the ICE line-up Sunday, October 30 when the ICE host the Rebels.

PAUL KURCEBA

February 19, 1987 * Hometown: Calgary, AB

Defense * Shoots: Left * 6’2”, 192lbs.

YEAR TEAM GP G A TP PM

2003-04 Red Deer 53 3 0 3 48

2004-05 Red Deer 66 4 14 18 106

2005-06 Red Deer 15 1 4 5 40

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
10-27-2005, 07:13 PM
Wow! I know we needed a quality defense man but I never saw that one coming. I guess with our scoring we can afford to give up a forward and I think this will be a good trade for both clubs. Brett now gets to play with his cousin and Uncle in familiar territory the fans will love him there. I will miss Brett, he is a good person and a great hockey player.

tender
10-27-2005, 07:44 PM
sorry to see a player like brett go always gave it his all wish him the best of luck with red deer but hopefully the ice have found a defencemen that fits the team and things keep going well for them we;ll see how the new d -man looks on sunday and i guess we will see brett as well that will seem kinda strange brett in red deer uniform but i guess we;ll have to get used to it go ice go !! :clap: