PDA

View Full Version : Rebels Make Trade With Kootenay

RebFan03
10-27-2005, 07:09 PM
From the WHL Website
Cranbrook, BC -- Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced the club has traded 18-year-old Forward Brett Sutter to the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for 18-year-old Defenseman Paul Kurceba.

“If we are going to have long term success this season we felt we needed to add a veteran Defenseman to our line-up who can play in all situations and we are confident Paul will bring that dimension to our Hockey Club. His experience as a three year veteran of the Western Hockey League will also prove invaluable to our group of blueliners as a whole. With top four Defensemen at a premium in our League it is virtually impossible to acquire one without giving up either a top six forward or top four defenseman. It was certainly not our intention to trade a quality player and person like Brett Sutter, but to get quality you have to give up quality. We wish Brett all the best in Red Deer and thank him for his contributions to our Hockey Club,” added Chynoweth.

Paul Kurceba was the Rebels first round selection (19th overall) in the 2002 WHL Bantam Draft and was a member of Canada's Under-18 team which won the silver medal at the 2005 Under-18 World Championships held last April. Kurceba will arrive in Cranbrook tomorrow afternoon and will be in the ICE line-up Sunday, October 30 when the ICE host the Rebels.

Chipper
10-28-2005, 09:11 AM
I am surprised that no one is talking about getting Brett. He could be your top point getter this year. He has 8 goals and 15 points this season with the Ice and will be a great player for your team, Do you think Brent got him just because he is his uncle? I can see a great season for Brett and being able to play for his family and friendswill be fun. He has been and under rated player in the league but is breaking out and looks great so far this year. He will be missed in Cranbrook, He does a lot around the city and they always buy season tickets to suport the Handicapped, I have nothing but respect for him and his family.

Courtney08-
10-28-2005, 10:06 AM
im glad we are getting trades done it will be an exciting time to see all these new players go to work under Sutters coaching,

RunTheGoalie
10-29-2005, 01:24 PM
Man, if all it takes is a decent defenseman to land Sutter, I wish Calgary would have traded one of their D for him. We need another offensive player.