PDA

View Full Version : CFL fan kicks million dollar field goal

westbeach55
10-27-2005, 09:10 PM
CFL fan kicks million dollar field goal

Brian Diesbourg

Release

10/27/2005 9:16:36 PM

TORONTO - Brian Diesbourg, a 25-year old mechanical engineer and avid soccer player from Belle River, Ont., has become Canada's next million-dollar athlete by successfully kicking a 50-yard field goal - worth $1 million - as part of the Wendy's Kick for a Million promotion. The event was televised live on TSN during the network's CFL broadcast featuring Hamilton @ Toronto on Thursday.

''I still can't believe I made the kick. I have never been so nervous, but I knew I had to stay focused on the uprights,'' said Diesbourg. ''This truly is the TSN Turning Point of my life!''

Diesbourg attempted field goals ranging in distance from 20 to 50 yards, with lucrative prizes awarded for each successful kick. After Diesbourg barely missed splitting the uprights at the 20, 30 and 40-yard lines and with the pressure on, he calmly stepped up and made no mistake, successfully kicking from the 50-yard line for the grand prize of $1 million.

''This entire promotion has been a tremendous success for everyone involved. It's nice to see a young, enthusiastic, everyday CFL fan beat the odds and win the million. I think we'll be seeing the kick on highlight reels for years to come,'' said Phil King, President, TSN.

Related Info
Million Dollar Kick
''What an incredible achievement and how proud Brian's family and community must be at this moment. Wendy's is thrilled to present Brian with this incredible grand prize,'' said Desmond Edwards, Wendy's Director of Marketing.

Diesbourg's $1 million kick caps off the first ever Wendy's Kick for a Million contest, which attracted nearly 200,000 entries.

According to contest rules and regulations, the grand prize will be paid out in equal installments over a 40-year period.

Quarter Pounder W/ Cheese
10-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Pretty cool. Just watched it on the TSN.ca video. Missed it on every other kick that was easier to make, and barely cleared it on 50. Nonetheless, beauty.

The Riders should look at picking this guy up to replace McCallum.

Toswammi
10-29-2005, 01:55 PM
This guy has a leg. Wow, i never thought he would even be close.
Hey 1/4, the riders won't even get a sniff at him, i hear that the BC Lions are bringing him in for camp next year.

IR GARD
10-29-2005, 03:31 PM
This guy would be taking a pay cut if he were to play in the CFL. THe 40 year istallment plan ($25, 000 per year) would out do his salary in the CFL........Unless he hooked himself up with some strong insentive bonuses....

Rockin
10-29-2005, 06:44 PM
Of course the guy has a leg he is a soccer player from what I hear

WHEATMAN
10-29-2005, 08:13 PM
it was reported that he was asked to try out next camp for the blue bombers

Tigerfan96
10-30-2005, 08:16 PM
This guy would be taking a pay cut if he were to play in the CFL. THe 40 year istallment plan ($25, 000 per year) would out do his salary in the CFL........Unless he hooked himself up with some strong insentive bonuses....

Pay i cut id say Mechanical Enigineers are egsactly a low paying job