PDA

View Full Version : Best Blade Player ever?

Tidball
10-28-2005, 01:21 PM
TIDBALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL no just kidding.

If i had to pick the best Blades player ever, i would have to say . . .

Bernie Federko.

Season Best GP---G--- A---PTS
..................72 - 72 - 115--187
WOW.

In Recent time though, Mike Green or Devin Setoguchi. What yall think?

WHEATMAN
10-28-2005, 02:10 PM
gotta be wendel clark

Triton
10-28-2005, 03:41 PM
Although Bernie had a good season but one has to figure in that the goaltenders weren't that great either..but kudos to him,other's could include Norm Maracle,Paul Buczkowski,Frank Banham,Wendel Clark,Rhett Warriner,Cory Sarich,Michael Garnett,Curtis Leschyshyn,and many more including some of the current players,but I'am gonna have to go with..yes..Mark Deyell.As for greatest captain that your club has ever had,I believe there have been greats but Warren Peters did some outstanding things as captain.

westbeach55
10-28-2005, 04:58 PM

Bernie Federko.

WOW.

How could you put Devin Setoguchi in there talk about one overated kid hasnt done much for the blades

WHEATMAN
10-28-2005, 06:05 PM

Bernie Federko.

WOW.

setoguchi, has a far way to go till hes even considered the greatest blade ever

Triton
10-28-2005, 06:40 PM
setoguchi, has a far way to go till hes even considered the greatest blade ever

Notice he said "In recent time" probably meaning within the last couple of years.

WHEATMAN
10-28-2005, 09:31 PM
i thought he was refering to seto as one of the greatest blades of all time

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-29-2005, 09:29 AM
if I had to choose a Blades player that I thought was the best back in the day before I was even born it would be between Wendel Clark and Bernie Federko. If I also had to choose a Blades player that I thought was the best recently and a few years ago, Warren Peters and Mike Green would get my votes.

wango tango
10-29-2005, 11:09 AM
a lot of blades have achieved some level of fame or infamy while in junior.

ashton, ganchar, habscheid, gilhen, skrudland, ledyard, eakin, strueby, kortko, yawney, lewis, kocur, clark, mclellan, smith, macpherson, kaminski, van allen, cheveldae, leschyshyn, twist, scissons, kindrachuk, price, bourne, federko, george, hamilton, chapman, humphreys, lambert, conacher, pinder, christie, matvichuk, yakimishyn, buczkowski, fujita, maracle, allan, warrener, wilm, banham, sopel, deyell, sarich, peters, exelby, hordichuk, erat, green, keller.

all time best is probably between. pinder, bourne, clark, and federko.

all time toughest. hands down wes george.

some blades who have gone on to be successful coaches and managers. dave lewis, bruce hamilton, marc habscheid, trent yawney, and todd mclellan.

saskatoon mayor don atchison was once a goalie with the blades.

Tidball
11-14-2005, 06:16 PM
How could you put Devin Setoguchi in there talk about one overated kid hasnt done much for the blades

Lol looks like that comment bit ya in buns :P

Blades 4 Life!
12-12-2005, 05:39 PM
I've only been going to Blades games for about 4 years and out of those 4 years the players that i thought have been great(Not The Best) but have been alright have been: Martin Erat, Warren Peters, Darcy Hordichuk, Garret Exebly, Michael Garrnet, Mike Green, Ryan Keller.
They Have been the most entertaining players that i've seen play.
GoBladesGo

Triton
12-12-2005, 09:58 PM
Boris Leckovic...yeah right,thats another category.There have been too many great Blade players that have strolled through the city of bridges.It just wouldn't be fair to single anyone out.Just too many greats.

Pepper Carrot
12-30-2005, 11:38 AM
Tidball :groovy:
Haw
Erat
:wave: