PDA

View Full Version : Loudest fans and best building atmosphere in the WHL?

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-28-2005, 02:20 PM
which WHL team has the loudest fans? Which WHL building has the best atmosphere?

WHEATMAN
10-28-2005, 02:28 PM
game 7 eastern semis vs calgary was crazy here in brandon, i have never seen the rink that loud in my life

Triton
10-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Prince Albert had to be the loudest during the playoffs.During the season you can see tumbleweeds and hear crickets.

RDRebelsfan
10-28-2005, 03:37 PM
loudest by far is the Medicine Hat Arena.

Triton
10-28-2005, 03:42 PM
loudest by far is the Medicine Hat Arena.

I take it you've never been to a playoff game in P.A right??

RDRebelsfan
10-28-2005, 03:54 PM
I take it you've never been to a playoff game in P.A right??

i take you've never been to a playoff game in MH.

right?

rinkrat
10-28-2005, 04:17 PM
Everett is deafening! Great atmosphere.

Triton
10-28-2005, 04:20 PM
i take you've never been to a playoff game in MH.

right?

Actually I have last year when the Raiders were there during the playoffs.We had a fan bus go down there and I was on it.Although I'am not a die hard Raider fan but I root for them when they aren't playing my boys from the Wheat City.

IamBatman
10-28-2005, 04:49 PM
I will tell you that it is definitely not the Rockets fans/building. It only gets loud during playoffs.

rinkrat
10-28-2005, 04:59 PM
I will tell you that it is definitely not the Rockets fans/building. It only gets loud during playoffs.
Same thing in the Pacific Coliseum.Its just dead in there sometimes!
It just occured to me....Is the Pacific coliseum the only rink without a corporate name? I hate those names!

IamBatman
10-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Same thing in the Pacific Coliseum.Its just dead in there sometimes!
It just occured to me....Is the Pacific coliseum the only rink without a corporate name? I hate those names!

I think PA's rink doesn't have a corporate sponsor. Just a rich guy, I think. I am sure PA fans are gonna jump all over me for that.

Tinner
10-28-2005, 05:30 PM
If I read the original post correctly, it asked which fans and rink are the loudest.

I believe it refers to the entire year as a whole, game in, game out. Any city, or every city will have some of those nights when its electric, as was RD in our memorial cup year.

So if I take it to be a year round question, my pick would be MH hands down, not having been to Everett, but hearing other remarks, a close second.

LifelongChiefsFan
10-28-2005, 06:09 PM
I think most fans will probably be fairly biased and side with their fans/arena and say they are the loudest. I know for a fact that the Spokane Arena isn't nearly as loud year round (10,500 seat arena gets 3500 max on Wednesdays) but it is probably pretty comparable to any other arena when full and a big game, ie a sellout during the playoffs. I couldn't say for sure not having been to most WHL arenas though.

Oh and by the way, Spokane's arena is the Spokane Veteran's Memorial Arena. No corporate sponsor.

rinkrat
10-28-2005, 06:13 PM
Oh and by the way, Spokane's arena is the Spokane Veteran's Memorial Arena. No corporate sponsor.
Good stuff :thumb:

Triton
10-28-2005, 06:38 PM
I think PA's rink doesn't have a corporate sponsor. Just a rich guy, I think. I am sure PA fans are gonna jump all over me for that.

I hate the name Art Hauser Centre.We are a community owned team and for it to be named after an induvidual,although we appreciate what he donated,it kinda makes me feel unappreciated seeing as I donated some dough as well,but just because someone is richer than me my donation doesn't mean squat.And for that I still call it the Communiplex.

WHEATMAN
10-28-2005, 06:40 PM
the name isnt owned by anyone here either, keystone as in the keystone province

Triton
10-28-2005, 06:41 PM
the name isnt owned by anyone here either, keystone as in the keystone province

I love the Keystone Centre.

WHEATMAN
10-28-2005, 09:30 PM
the new seats we just got really made a difference and increased the capacity by a couple hundered, but compared to red deer or saskatoons barn it lacks the looks, but a real good ol hockey barn it is

Flathead
10-28-2005, 10:32 PM
the new seats we just got really made a difference and increased the capacity by a couple hundered, but compared to red deer or saskatoons barn it lacks the looks, but a real good ol hockey barn it is
Saskatoon's barn only has looks, easily the most boring atmosphere of any rink I've been to.

Homer
10-28-2005, 11:06 PM
Back in the day.....PG had the best fans hands down. The big playoff run in 96 the crowds were something else, absolutely deafening.

Although the crowds have dropped off considerably in size, the fan that do show up are pretty loud and can get it going pretty good.

RunTheGoalie
10-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Of the six arenas I've been to:

1. Medicine Hat
2. Red Deer
3. Calgary (10k+)
4. Kootenay (building was only half full though)
5. Swift Current
6. Calgary (<10k, building size kills crowd noise)
7. Lethbridge

Rooselk
10-29-2005, 10:09 AM
The Everett Events Center is pretty loud - especially when the fans start ringing those cowbells. In fact a guy I work with, who is a T-Birds fan, refuses to go to Everett games because he can't stand the noise in the Events Center. Personally, I find the atmosphere at a Silvertips game to be far better than that found at a T-Birds game (it puzzles me that the Thunderbirds continue to play in Key Arena - but that's a subject for a different thread).

Since I was born and raised in Spokane the Chiefs remain my "second" team. Even so, I have not yet been in Veteran's Memorial Arena. I look forward to seeing a game there sometime soon to see how it compares to he Everett Events Center.

scamperdog
10-29-2005, 10:16 AM
Kamloops has to be one of the quietest in the league, the fans know the game very well and pick there moments, so this can make it rather dull, although this year the team is trying to encourage people to make some noise a get more into the games, a big change from all the past years when it seemed to be frowned on if you were to loud, playoffs are loud, biggest problem here is the crowd is very much a 50 plus and the team has not done a good job of bringing in the younger people.

WHEATMAN
10-29-2005, 10:58 AM
its very quiet, the fans are knowledgeble, but it only gets loud come the playoffs

Toswammi
10-29-2005, 02:00 PM
It has allways been quite in swift, but things have started to get louder there this year.

C.F
10-29-2005, 03:19 PM
I think most fans will probably be fairly biased and side with their fans/arena and say they are the loudest. I know for a fact that the Spokane Arena isn't nearly as loud year round (10,500 seat arena gets 3500 max on Wednesdays) but it is probably pretty comparable to any other arena when full and a big game, ie a sellout during the playoffs. I couldn't say for sure not having been to most WHL arenas though.

I'm not a fan of the Silvertips by any means(that's an understatement), but I still have come to terms that Everett is the loudest building in the Dub, and that the PC is a library unless the Giants are winning.

peatfan
10-30-2005, 01:18 AM
Only been to the games in Alberta and Cranbrook. Out of these I agree with what Run THe Goalie states. The Hat is #1 although Calgary gives it a run for the money when it is over 10,000. Red Deer is #3 then Koot and Leth. Never been to Swift. When Calgary has attendence at the 7000 mark it does seem very quiet and is ranked just ahead of Lethbridge. It always seems quiet in the Bridge.

KBF
10-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Kamloops back in the day, they won best fans in the dub several times in the early 90's. 95 Mcup in Kamloops was INSANE.

langdak
10-30-2005, 09:50 PM
I am gonna put a vote in for Everett (even though i have only been to 3 buildings, Vancouver, Kelowna and Everett)

After heading down there for the Giants road game last night, WOW, can it ever get loud in there.

Jimmy
10-31-2005, 02:39 AM
I heard a guy cough on the other side of the ice from me in the PC...