PDA

View Full Version : Tips 5 Giants 2

Big Daddy
10-29-2005, 12:24 AM
No flow tonight, sluggish start, bad turnovers, bad bounces, dumb mistakes all add up to a brutal game. Tomorrow is another day, lets hope we regroup and come out strong. Go Giants!!

langdak
10-29-2005, 12:29 AM
No flow tonight, sluggish start, bad turnovers, bad bounces, dumb mistakes all add up to a brutal game. Tomorrow is another day, lets hope we regroup and come out strong. Go Giants!!

A couple of 5on3 penalty kills and giving up 2 shorthanded goals didnt really help the situation much either.

Agreed, tomorrow is another day, i am looking forward to heading down to everett for the game

GF71
10-29-2005, 12:53 AM
Very poor effort tonight. Kraus and Scharff had decent games, as did Reese, but that is about it. Slade let in a couple of softies...again. I think they could've used Hunt in there tonight. Hopefully he will play tomorrow. I am sure Don will wnat to change it up after tonight. Watt was scratched...he checked somebody against Tri Cities, and his stick shattered in his had, thus giving him a rather nasty bruise. He should be ok for tomorrow. A bummer in the game though was when Scharff got Doyle with very heavy, but CLEAN check. Doyle tried to get up and skate to the bench twice, before giving in to the pain. Early prognosis is a broken Pelvis. I hope not for his sake. We should hear better word tomorrow, but it was not good. He is/was in pretty bad shape.

Beaner
10-29-2005, 10:52 AM
Well, a game that had no flow or tempo in it at all last night due to, the long delay in the injury to Doyle in the 1st period, and 2, the 18 PP called by Thiessan tonight. 5-5 the giants were the better team, but the Tips Special teams kicked the Giants special teams you know what. The Giants could not figure out how to get thru the Tips Penalty kill (a nice little 4-man box in the neutral zone), and it cost them 2 SHG, and more than likely any chance to win the game. It was a hard game to watch because any time any flow got going, there was Mr Thiessan blowing his whistle yet again.

NOTES
Fistric (Shoulder), Watt (Hand), Hunt (Healthy), were the Giants Scratches.
Albers returned tonight from his shoulder injury and Scharff was moved back to forward.
Eric Doyle was caught with a big, clean hit on the PP half way thru the first, by Scharff, and had to be taken off the ice on a stretcher. They were working on his left leg. Hopefully he is ok, but it does not look good.
Shots were 25-19 for the Giants
Giants 1/10 on the PP, Tips 3/8 with 2 SHG.

GOALS
1. EVT Lammers, (7) , 2:19 (SH) Franson has difficulty with the puck at the point and Lammers manages to knock it by him, clear break-away form the blueline, right past Slade glove side.
1. EVT Hromas, (6) (Heshka, Lammers), 16:41 (PP) Can't remember the play. Sorry gang.
1. VAN Kraus, (5) (Reese, Mikkelson), 18:09 (PP) Reese gets a nice pass cross crease thru the blue paint to Kraus who tucks it in. 5-3 PP for the Giants at the time.
2. EVT Lammers, (8) (Hromas, Hamill), 8:36 (PP) Tips are on the 5-3 PP, they throw the puck around until Lammers gets on the open side and throws it into the net.
2. EVT Mueller, (4) (Lammers, Heshka), 10:26 (PP) Long shot from the point at the end of the PP, a low wrister that just beats Slade. He might have been screened on this one.
2. VAN Lucic, (4) (Czibere), 17:50 Czibre working hard behind the net, gets the puck out front to Lucic who pots another goal.
3. EVT Lammers, (9) , 7:50 (SH) Giant player decides to try and split the Everett Forwards at his own blue line, fails, sending in 2 Tips on another breakaway, Lammers puts it in for an easy goal. Missed the Giants player that pulled this manoveur....

FISTICUFFS
None

OFFICIATING
Theissen was our Ref tonight and wow, Did he ever call a lot of penalties. I am going to send him a case of Bengay for that Shoulder of his and a new whistle. Personally I thought a lot of the calls were marginal at best, and a few he just ignored. GRADE C-.

On a side note - I am sick and tired of officials looking for blood to decide if a high-stick is worth 2 or 4 mins. Make a darn decision. If a player gets hit with a high stick that has enough force to knock his helmet off, than that, IMO, is worth 4, wether there is blood or not. Whats next, a few drops of blood is worth 4, a cup of blood is worth 5? Just stupid. They can decide if a slash is worth 2 or 4 without blood, why not a High stick????

DUMB PENALTY OF THE NIGHT
Flatters the extra 2 min for unsportsmanlike in the 2nd. Pretty selfish penalty.

OVERALL
It was a specialty team game as over half of the game was spent on PP's. Vancouvers sucked, Everetts rocked. Thats the story. I do believe that over 1/2 those calls would not have been made if we had had a different official, but thats life.

3 Stars
1. EVT - 19 John Lammers
2. EVT - 26 Shaun Heshka
3. VAN - 26 Michal Repik

Honourable Mention - Thiessen. He was the one person I noticed more than anyone else out there tonight.

Hopefully Doyle is ok. Get well soon.