PDA

View Full Version : Rebs/Hurricanes

Tinner
10-30-2005, 07:44 AM
Again the effort was there, the result, unfortunately was the same. I think we just are having trouble finishing. Another thing I noticed last night was when we were on the power play, LethBridge pressured us to point we would give up the puck and when we killed penalties, we played a passive box, which for the most part, let them control the game. Our Defense has to improve its play in our end of the ice. A few bright spots again, but not enough guys doing it at the same time. Goaltending, again suspect, but they are facing Quality shots on net or at least half of them. After watching the 3 games at home this week, it is clear to me that team speed is putting us at a distinct dissadvantage, coupled with slopply passing.

I wonder (again) if its the system the boys are being asked/told to play. Other teams seem to have embraced the new rules and their systems are exploiting it against us. Anyway, a richly deserved win by Lethbridge.

Lastly, where was Shinyshoes? The goalie chant last night was the only thing that sucked. Your replacement failed. I guess this means your " indispensible".

Reb tape: 5

tiny
10-30-2005, 09:34 AM
I have to agree that,"Again the effort was there, the result, unfortunately was the same," for the most part.

I quite liked the line of Knackstedt, Cline, and Pieper. Versteeg could be a force but I don't think Wick is the answer with him right now. I really agree with rebrevs about Egener; I like the excitement he adds. Someone commented that he reminds them of Meech (me too). (Like someone close said,"Now if he can just start scoring at the other end".lol). Chapman and Brett Sutter looked pretty good too.

Missed our timer the last couple of games. Hope you get back soon.

good to see Shaydon Moore last night, would have been better without the crutches

Lastly, Shinyshoes will return. Did I hear that the replacement called out," What ever your name is." and four people answered," Sucks"??

Reb tape: 6 but I hate losing.

playa
10-30-2005, 01:14 PM
I think it's unfortunate that the score ended up as bad as it was, because I enjoyed watching this game for the most part. There were definitely some lapses by the boys, but at least some effort was being put forth. We started to get shots on net as the game went on, but it took the boys about 20 minutes to start to realize that you can't score if you don't shoot. I like the looks of both Egener and Chapman. Let's cross our fingers for some better success versus Kootenay tonight.

Shinyshoes
10-31-2005, 09:41 AM
Lastly, where was Shinyshoes? The goalie chant last night was the only thing that sucked. Your replacement failed. I guess this means your " indispensible".Sorry, Had a prior commitment that I couldnt get out of. Doesnt Sound like I missed much..... I'll be there on Friday. Make sure everyone has their party hats on, Kristi from Everett will be there, so we need to show here what the Rebels Fans are made of.

RDRebelsfan
10-31-2005, 06:46 PM
the next time (which i hope there isn't) that shiney isn't there I'll just do the chant..evne if i ain't in Section N, I'm usually down in that area, and I got big loud mouth too so it'll work.

Shinyshoes
10-31-2005, 07:53 PM
the next time (which i hope there isn't) that shiney isn't there I'll just do the chant..evne if i ain't in Section N, I'm usually down in that area, and I got big loud mouth too so it'll work.I thought I had a replacement lined up for that game, but he (sgt.zeek) was late and didnt make it in time. I'll get you to do it next time...

RDRebelsfan
10-31-2005, 10:24 PM
i saw zeek down there..maybe he los this voice..and I'm not always at the games..I have made it to everyone so far..which is amazing.

RDRebelsfan
10-31-2005, 10:25 PM
I thought I had a replacement lined up for that game, but he (sgt.zeek) was late and didnt make it in time. I'll get you to do it next time...
this also proves everyone else is scared to do it, or something, lol.

Lack of cheering.

This one older guy..maybe late 50's and his son i've sat by them 3 times...he literally has his arms folded the whole time, never claps at nothing...just arms folded..whole time.

We need those drummer guys around to hype the crowd up.