PDA

View Full Version : ICE vs Red Deer

fightstrap50
10-30-2005, 06:40 PM
going to be a good one tonight at the rec plex. We get to welcome our new player Paul Kurceba to the team. And give Brett Sutter a big welcome and a last big cheer.

Go hard tonight Ice and come out with another good game and and win to go with it!

GO ICE GO!!!

Chipper
10-30-2005, 09:36 PM
Nice to see Brett get a goal and now he can truly move on and have a great year with the Rebels. What happened to Kurceba? he played a shift in the first and I never saw him after that. Man was that #3 Vladimir Mihalik "HUGE" he was involved in the hit of the year so far but luckly for the Ice he was on the recieving end :groovy: the bigger they are the harder they fall. At the end of the day as an Ice fan its always good to beat the Rebels, they always come in and play hard and always scare me. :thumb:

Mats
10-30-2005, 09:47 PM
Kurceba got crunched in the glass behind the Ice net by former Ice player Sutter. Maybe a little revenge since Sutter was pretty upset with the trade.

Tinner
10-30-2005, 11:16 PM
on the contrary, I'm sure it has nothing to do with it, other than the friendships made. He's playing hockey and doing what it takes to help his team. I have to wonder why you would think that.

OnICE
10-31-2005, 09:34 AM
Rebel39 .. I have no first hand info re Sutter being upset or not. But if you were looking for reasons why he might be ... how about going from a contender to a cellar dweller? The kid is as competitive as you'd expect a Sutter to be and cannot be happy about playing on a team likely to lose most nights. And in case you can't tell ... I LOVE being able to say that about the Rebs ... where is Reb69 now when it's my turn to gloat a little?!?!

I actually think Brett will enjoy himself in RedDeer and wish him well there. But he will be missed here. And all kidding aside, the kid has such a big heart and exhibits such loyalty that it is no surprise he would be disappointed with a move in mid season. However, a move to anywhere else I am sure would have brought bigger disappointment. And it's going to be wierd ... but now we'll be cheering for the Rebs when they aren't playing the ICE.

GO ICE GO!!
WE BELIEVE!!

hockey4
10-31-2005, 05:45 PM
i dont think the kid is disapointed at all. He will play a ton in red deer and likely on a contender next year. Dont be fooled by the standings, this rd team has talent, there has been some trades lately and it will take time to adjust. I firmly belive the rebs will make playoffs and brett will be our top scorer.

Rebel66
11-02-2005, 12:41 AM
And in case you can't tell ... I LOVE being able to say that about the Rebs ... where is Reb69 now when it's my turn to gloat a little?!?!

I take it that you're talking about me ICEFAN? Doesn't matter if we're a contender or pretender I'm still behind the team as usual. It's kinda weird actually because this was pretty much expected (a rebuilding losing season) and I've got to say that I'm enjoying the season quite a lot anyway. There is going to be lot's of talent on this Rebels team in the coming seasons so it's neat to see it at the beginning. Anyway, gloat away, I've got no problem with that at all. It just adds to the fun. Oh by the way didn't your contender lose a game to this very young, fully rebuilding, ragtag team earlier this season? :laugh:

Brett Sutter certainly looks like a great player. I really like this trade from the Rebels perspective but if Kurceba corrects some problems in Iceland then that's great too.

but now we'll be cheering for the Rebs when they aren't playing the ICE.

Now that wouldn't be the first time either. You're actually a closet Rebs fan when the Ice aren't playing aren't you? :thumb: