PDA

View Full Version : New 3rd Jersey

Knuckle Chucker
01-29-2005, 12:56 PM
Anyone see the Radio guy wearing the new 3rd Jersey at the Raider/Pats game. They are fantastic. I guess they are going to be worn for one game (against the Blades) and then auctioned off. I think they should switch back to the arab next year. Any thoughts???

Sabes
01-29-2005, 02:03 PM
Yeah, that was one sweet jersey. I agree that they should switch back to that.

Triton
01-29-2005, 05:24 PM
For only one game?Thats pretty sad.They need to create a jersey and keep it for a whole year and past that.They had those ones that were kinda throw off's of the Dallas Stars and those were awesome and those didn't last long and then they had those retro ones from the 70's and those are gone.What did they look like?

Sabes
01-29-2005, 05:33 PM
They look like the jerseys from the early 90's with the Arab but the colors are a little bit brighter.

Billy Blade
01-29-2005, 07:24 PM
For only one game?Thats pretty sad.

The Blades did something similar on New Year's Day with a special "Team Canada" jersey. It was a white base with a modified version of their third logo to be red & black, with a red & black design of maple leaves. It was to honour the World Junior Canadian team in their pursuit of the Gold.

They auctioned off the jerseys after the game and each player signed them with the money going to their education fund. Make some good money on it... Probably what the Raiders will do as well.

Knuckle Chucker
01-29-2005, 07:36 PM
I know they created the pirate to modernize the look but the old arab holds a lot of history. Right now retro is in so it attracts the younger generation. The older generation will like it as Raider greats from the past (Modano, Manson, Phillips, etc) wore it. They can still use the pirate on a third jersey. I know the players like it too. One player told me it is the nicest Jersey he has sceen.

In the crowd
01-30-2005, 08:02 PM
Is there any links to pictures of these jerseys?

Fight Guy
01-31-2005, 12:08 PM
My brother told me the jersey looked sweet. I want to see them too. Most all of the retro jerseys look awsome. I love Moose Jaw's whites.

I never liked when PA had the thirds that were like Dallas's. But I remember their other retro jerseys they wore...those were cool.

mouthpiece
01-31-2005, 11:24 PM
There are now (finally) pictures of the memories night jersey on the raider's website: www.raiderhockey.com

Fight Guy
02-01-2005, 11:56 AM
Those look pretty nice.