PDA

View Full Version : ICE trade Brad Cole to the Blades

fightstrap50
10-31-2005, 01:32 PM
a wasted trade in my mind, i thought theyd go for a forward but im thinkng the shake up aint done yet. Good luck Brad, as with every player ever traded, we will miss you and hope you do very well with the Blades and Panchyson.

heres the article:

Cranbrook, BC -- Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced the club has traded 19-year-old Defenseman Brad Cole to the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for 19-year-old Defenseman Dalyn Flatt (pronounced DA-lihn FLAT).

“We feel this trade as well as last week's transaction with Red Deer has given us more depth and grit on our blueline. We expect Dalyn to play in our top four and provide a physical presence on our defense that we currently do not possess. This trade will allow Brad Cole the opportunity to play regularly with the Blades and we would like to thank him for his contributions to our Hockey Club over the past three seasons,” added Chynoweth.

Dalyn Flatt was a third round selection (77th overall) of the New York Rangers in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and was the Blades fourth round pick (60th overall) in the 2001 WHL Bantam Draft. The ICE roster now consists of 23 players, including three goaltenders, eight defensemen and 12 forwards.

DALYN FLATT

October 7, 1986 * Hometown: Teulon, MB

Defense * Shoots: Left * 6’3”, 222 lbs.

YEAR TEAM GP G A PTS PIM

2001-02 Saskatoon 2 0 0 0 0

2003-04 Saskatoon 41 0 2 2 91

2004-05 Saskatoon 72 1 18 19 237

2005-06 Saskatoon 9 0 0 0 20

In the crowd
10-31-2005, 01:42 PM
I think it was a great trade, but definatly arent done yet, we just picked up a 3rd round pick in the NHL draft for Cole, wow! 237 pim last year, I think he's gonna be a tough cusromer as well. You could only believe that Fauth might be next. He's not gonna be happy falling out of the top 4 and he deserves to be there. Good luck in Saskatoon Brad.

Chipper
10-31-2005, 02:56 PM
I think that Brad was struggling a bit and not moveing up the depth chart and this looks to me like a good trade for the ICE. I don't know much about Dayln but sounds like the Panchyon trade may have had some future conciderations as Todd was traded for a bag of pucks (6TH rnd pick). This makes more sence to me. Good luck to Brad and I hope you can have success in Saskatoon. I think this will add more size and much more toughness on the blue line.

Chipper
10-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Stats for Dayln Flatt the past two seasons. I like his pims and also a plus 36 last season. Not sure why he has only played 6 games this year so far.

2003-2004 WHL Season Saskatoon Blades 41 0 2 2 -4 91
2004-05 WHL Season Saskatoon Blades 72 1 18 19 36 237

Trav
10-31-2005, 06:20 PM
banged up his hand pretty good in a fight awhile back I think so I'm guessing thats why he hasnt been in the lineup. Really I think it's an even deal. Yes Flatt is drafted but to be honest, I think he was drafted way to high. He is tough but I think thats all you'll get from him. Good luck to him though, he did do well in most of the fights.

Looking forward to seeing Cole here.

tender
11-01-2005, 02:07 AM
Well another trade has come an gone involving the defence once again with the ice gaining more size on the blueline to shore up their d and as already mentioned their probly not thru yet but if another trade comes about it will probly be concerning the forwards wounder who would be the next to go anyone have any guesses as to who it might be ? But that aside I wish Brad all the best in Saskatoon and I hope everything works out for Dayln here with the Ice I,m looking forward to seeing him play next Thurs at home against the Hitmen Also tough to see Paul get hurt on I believe his first shift against his former team from what i hear its either a sprained or broken wrist so he,ll be out for awhile go Ice go against PG Wed and Fri :clap:

Tidball
11-13-2005, 04:41 PM
I think it was a great trade, but definatly arent done yet, we just picked up a 3rd round pick in the NHL draft for Cole, wow! 237 pim last year, I think he's gonna be a tough cusromer as well. You could only believe that Fauth might be next. He's not gonna be happy falling out of the top 4 and he deserves to be there. Good luck in Saskatoon Brad.

Cole has done great for us. Flatt isnt the most skilled but he is one tough guy. Hope you guys enjoy him. I think the Blades got the better pic though.