PDA

View Full Version : Flatt gone...

Triton
10-31-2005, 01:36 PM
Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced the club has traded 19-year-old Defenseman Brad Cole to the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for 19-year-old Defenseman Dalyn Flatt (pronounced DA-lihn FLAT).

“We feel this trade as well as last week's transaction with Red Deer has given us more depth and grit on our blueline. We expect Dalyn to play in our top four and provide a physical presence on our defense that we currently do not possess. This trade will allow Brad Cole the opportunity to play regularly with the Blades and we would like to thank him for his contributions to our Hockey Club over the past three seasons,” added Chynoweth.

Dalyn Flatt was a third round selection (77th overall) of the New York Rangers in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and was the Blades fourth round pick (60th overall) in the 2001 WHL Bantam Draft. The ICE roster now consists of 23 players, including three goaltenders, eight defensemen and 12 forwards

Tidball
10-31-2005, 02:15 PM
Jeff Chynoweth, General Manager of the Kootenay ICE Hockey Club, today announced the club has traded 19-year-old Defenseman Brad Cole to the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for 19-year-old Defenseman Dalyn Flatt (pronounced DA-lihn FLAT).

“We feel this trade as well as last week's transaction with Red Deer has given us more depth and grit on our blueline. We expect Dalyn to play in our top four and provide a physical presence on our defense that we currently do not possess. This trade will allow Brad Cole the opportunity to play regularly with the Blades and we would like to thank him for his contributions to our Hockey Club over the past three seasons,” added Chynoweth.

Dalyn Flatt was a third round selection (77th overall) of the New York Rangers in the 2005 NHL Entry Draft and was the Blades fourth round pick (60th overall) in the 2001 WHL Bantam Draft. The ICE roster now consists of 23 players, including three goaltenders, eight defensemen and 12 forwards

I think we (blades) got the better of the deal. Dalyn has done nothing for the team this year. 6 games 0 points -6 rating.

I dont know much about Cole but i hope he can help out our d line. Lorne has made alot of changes for our D and im liking all of them so far.

I think Dalyn's NHL status helped Lorne make this trade.

Chipper
10-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Maybe its a good trade for both clubs. I think that Brade Cole was a good defence last season until he was injured and when he came back he was no longer the same. Maybe a change of scenery and a fresh start will help both teams. I don't know much about Dayln but he sounds like a big guy that will stick up for the smaller and younger forwards we have. Does he like to FIGHT!

Chipper
10-31-2005, 03:22 PM
Name: Brad Cole
Number: 7
Position: D
Height: 6'3
Weight: 185
Shoots: L
Birthdate: 1986-10-21
Birthplace: Miniota, MB
Player Stats
Regular Season Stats
Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2003-2004 WHL Season Seattle Thunderbirds 6 0 0 0 -5 12
2003-2004 WHL Season Kootenay Ice 52 0 1 1 0 39
2004-05 WHL Season Kootenay Ice 39 1 2 3 8 35
2005-06 WHL Season Kootenay Ice 16 1 2 3 0 20
Playoff Stats
Season Team GP G A PTS +/- PIM
2004 WHL Playoffs Kootenay Ice 4 1 0 1 2 2
2005 WHL Playoffs Kootenay Ice 8 0 1 1 -1 2

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-31-2005, 05:20 PM
Maybe its a good trade for both clubs. I think that Brade Cole was a good defence last season until he was injured and when he came back he was no longer the same. Maybe a change of scenery and a fresh start will help both teams. I don't know much about Dayln but he sounds like a big guy that will stick up for the smaller and younger forwards we have. Does he like to FIGHT!

like to fight, he is a very physical player(and he does tend to take some stupid penalties and he will most likely lead the Ice in Penalty Minutes) I do to think that this will be a good trade for both teams, I kinda had a feeling that Dalyn Flatt was going to be traded. This trade does not take away the toughness that the Blades blueline has. It is also good to see 2 players(Panchyson and now Cole) being traded to a team that can allow them get to more icetime. This will mean that some of the younger guys like Ryan Funk and Brett Ward may be sent down.

Trav
10-31-2005, 05:38 PM
To be honest, I think Flatt was drafted way to high in the NHL Draft, I wouldnt say oh he must be good cuz he was drafted high. This year, he didnt look that great and like some of the other posters have said already, he took a lot of dumb penalties. I'm curious to see how Cole does here, hopefully he can be a decent two way defensemen.