PDA

View Full Version : Blades Pick Up New 20 Yr Old!!!

Tidball
10-31-2005, 03:00 PM
INDIANAPOLIS, IN--The Indiana Ice announced today the club will be losing 20 yr old defenseman Eddie Del Grosso to the WHL's Saskatoon Blades.

The 5'11 200 Del Grosso was a two year veteran of the Ice and was team captain and leader on the blueline. Director of player personal Dean Grillo on the news "Eddie was perhaps the premier defenseman in the league for the past couple seasons and will be missed on the team by everyone including coaches, players and management, not to mention the fans".

Eddie leaves after posting 13 points (6G, 7A) in 10 games this season. Last season Eddie scored 37 points in 60 games to rank second in the USHL.

Triton
10-31-2005, 03:18 PM
Amazing how Lorne can lure 20's to this league from other leagues.I wish McCrimmon had the brain power to even get some 20's.We still need 2 and it's 18 games in for us.Maybe Waschuk is coming our way.This Del Grosso sounds like he's a John Michael Liles type defenceman.Has the ability to put up points.What league was he in?Can you post a link.

Triton
10-31-2005, 03:21 PM
For the second consecutive week, Indiana's Eddie Del Grosso has been selected USHL/LPH Defensive Player of the Week. In two games at Lincoln, Del Grosso had three goals, including a game winner and a shorthander, and added four assists. Del Grosso is the top scoring defenseman in the league (7GP-6G-6A-12Pts) while anchoring the Ice blueline. Season-to-date, Del Grosso is a plus-five.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-31-2005, 05:36 PM
he seems to be a good player offensivly and that is just what the Blades need(a good puck moving defencemen who can produce points just like Mike Green did) hopefully he can turn some heads in the WHL and be a replacement for Mike Green.

saskdevil
10-31-2005, 07:12 PM
INDIANAPOLIS, IN--The Indiana Ice announced today the club will be losing 20 yr old defenseman Eddie Del Grosso to the WHL's Saskatoon Blades.

The 5'11 200 Del Grosso was a two year veteran of the Ice and was team captain and leader on the blueline. Director of player personal Dean Grillo on the news "Eddie was perhaps the premier defenseman in the league for the past couple seasons and will be missed on the team by everyone including coaches, players and management, not to mention the fans".

Eddie leaves after posting 13 points (6G, 7A) in 10 games this season. Last season Eddie scored 37 points in 60 games to rank second in the USHL.
Just wondering what the source is??? I can't find anything on this....

Triton
11-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Just wondering what the source is??? I can't find anything on this....

The local news.Indiana Ice website.Here.

westbeach55
11-01-2005, 12:01 PM
the blades lorne mollekan said in the saskatoon star phoenix he had no idea about this signing at all, and was in contact with the other gm reagarding this

saskdevil
11-01-2005, 12:08 PM
The local news.Indiana Ice website.Here.
Where on the Ice website? can you post the link?
thanx

Triton
11-01-2005, 12:20 PM
Kevin Waugh(sports) from the Saskatoon news even announced the signing last night at 6:00pm.

Triton
11-01-2005, 01:08 PM
You're full of it! Post that link again .......... The REAL one please T.

I don't have the link,you'll have to ask Tidball where he got his from.All I know is I heard it on the news,so thats what I went by,I can't find a link either.I just post what I hear.I thought it was true because I seen it on the news but if there's no link or press release then I guess it is fulse until otherwise.

Tidball
11-01-2005, 06:27 PM
Not sure what happened. But the press release definately was there. But i guess its false now :(

Lefty
11-01-2005, 06:47 PM
Well, I wouldn't be shocked if it happened as he looks like exactly the type of defenseman we need. However, I'm thinking maybe the news stations announced it a bit premature. Not sure though... its just as possible it was completely untrue and the Blades won't be getting Del Grosso. Everything seems to fit right though. Blades need offensive D, Ice announce Del Grosso and news stations announce he is coming to the Blades. I guess nobody knows though.

westbeach55
11-01-2005, 09:19 PM
i guess it doesnt matter to much if mollekan is denying the signing