PDA

View Full Version : Monette gone as well..

Triton
10-31-2005, 03:24 PM
The Swift Current Broncos announced on Monday that they have acquired 19 year old goaltender Russel Monette from the Saskatoon Blades in exchange for future considerations. Monette is a 6’3”, 186lbs. local product from Neville, SK.

Monette was drafted by the Blades in the 6th round of the 2001 WHL Bantam Draft.

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Now Lorne Molleken will have to call up one of 17yr old Cameron Reid or 16yr old Braeden Holtby to back up Kevin Armstrong (I am gessing he will be the no.1 guy),either do that or trade to get an older goalie, I do not think he will trade to get an older goalie. When Anton Khudobin leaves for the Canada Vs Russia Series and the World Junior Hockey Championships in December,this will have an impact on the team. I do think that Kevin Armstong can step in and play solid in the net.

Trav
10-31-2005, 05:50 PM
and this will be a great opportunity to be playing on a regular basis. I'm guessing Reid will be the backup to Armstrong since he's 17 where as Hotlby is 16.

Armstrong needs to play a fair number of games in since he'll probably be the starter next year.

Flathead
10-31-2005, 06:11 PM
That the Broncos will trade him back to you guys once Yonkman is healthy again? Yonkman is out with a broken collar bone from a hit he took from Calgary's Moscaluk. Mabye this trade was more of a "favor"?

Trav
10-31-2005, 06:17 PM
Monette was still on the Blades list, figured he would have been released. I don't see Monette putting on a Blades jersey again, no offense to him but he's nineteen and the Blades already have bunch of 19's that will be 20 next year so makes no sense to keep him.