PDA

View Full Version : Bye bye Hilton

Triton
10-31-2005, 03:34 PM
The Raiders have added Salmon Arm Silverback's goaltender Jesse Deckert to the Roster meaning Hilton is being sent to The Winnipeg South Blues of the MJHL.

westbeach55
10-31-2005, 07:29 PM
Suter and Deckert leave the ‘Backs
October 31st, 2005: The Silverbacks are saying goodbye to two very strong players. Garrett Suter is leaving to go back to Wisconsin for personal reasons and is unsure of where he might play. Also to leave the team is Silverbacks goaltender Jesse Deckert. Jesse has accepted an offer to play for the Prince Albert Raiders in the WHL.

The Silverbacks wish both players the best of luck and success in hockey.

westbeach55
10-31-2005, 07:38 PM
why wouldn't they give hilton a chance before releasing him. our goaltending is the least of our problems we can't score. do you think deckert will be #1
where does it say hilton has been released

westbeach55
10-31-2005, 07:39 PM
where does it say that hilton is sent down. why wouldnt they give him a chance before just shipping him off. is deckert #1 goalie now. i think we need scoring more than goalie change

nivek_wahs
11-01-2005, 01:54 AM
From what I can say about Deckert's days in Regina...

He was a good young goalie with lots of potential. He was given a chance to become the Pats' "next one" but I think his confidence was shot (plus the aquisition of Slade) and if I'm not mistaken he left the Pats and went and played in the MJHL. He was actually one of my favorite players in the 2002-03 season.

Unless he blows the minds of the Raider coaching staff I think Archibald will still be the teams starter. But I seriously think he will be given every chance to prove himself worthy to play full time in the Dub. I do wish him all the best in Hockeytown North... just as long as he plays bad versus the Pats :laugh:.

Kevin

Knuckle Chucker
11-01-2005, 09:28 PM
where does it say that hilton is sent down. why wouldnt they give him a chance before just shipping him off. is deckert #1 goalie now. i think we need scoring more than goalie change

Hilton was good in the preseason but brutal in his two reg season starts

Triton
11-02-2005, 12:36 PM
So will Deckert get the nod tonight??I think he should.Moose Jaw's kinda had Archibald's number this year.

WHEATMAN
11-02-2005, 01:28 PM
just sticking around till all the other injury's have healed, he will be bound to the MJHL till his junior career is over