PDA

View Full Version : Brightest Future?

hockey4
10-31-2005, 05:48 PM
Which WHL teams look to be contenders in the next 2-3 years. I am gonna say red deer as they have some great rookies and most forwards (minus wick) will be back next year.

bandwagonboy
10-31-2005, 07:08 PM
I think the future looks pretty bright in Medicine Hat, depending on who stays and who leaves. If Helm, Russell, Stevens, and Baldwin are all here next year and don't make it to the next level then the tigs may be a powerhouse like we've rarely seen in the Hat. Guys like Ennis, Bendfeld, Wasden, Glass are just going to get better and better. If all goes well, tiger fans may enjoy a 100 point season next year.

WHEATMAN
10-31-2005, 08:56 PM
Calgary will have Plante, Dupont, Sonne, Alzner, White, Dansereau, for atleast 3 years each, all they need is a good young goalie for when poggie leaves and they should be set. As for Everett, they will have Mueller, Calla, Hamill and Irving which will be the core of there team for years.

Flathead
10-31-2005, 09:57 PM
a few good 17 year olds this year in Bortis, Nelson, Smith and Benke. Also 17 year old goalie Yonkman and 15 year old goalie Ian Curtis. Also number two pick in this years bantam draft 15 year old Geordie Wudrick. Postma, Claffey and Toulmin are a few good 16's as well. There are a lot of good 15 -18 year olds coming along that should get this team back to where it should be.

bandwagonboy
10-31-2005, 10:07 PM
Calgary will have Plante, Dupont, Sonne, Alzner, White, Dansereau, for atleast 3 years each, all they need is a good young goalie for when poggie leaves and they should be set. As for Everett, they will have Mueller, Calla, Hamill and Irving which will be the core of there team for years.

Dupont would be an overager in the 2007-2008 season I believe, I don't see what guarentee there is that he'll be in Calgary that long. He's a big mobile kid, if he developes he might be gone much sooner.