PDA

View Full Version : Halloween- What's the strangest Item that your siblings or kids received?

GBG BLEED BLUE
10-31-2005, 10:05 PM
My 8yr old brother came home so I looked to see what he all had and i found a package of those yellow No Name Instant noodles, I know it is not the strangest thing but it is very weird he has never recieced anything like that except this one house gave out pencils and another person gave out unwraped stuff in a bag and we always thew that away. If you have a simmular story please share it.

Triton
10-31-2005, 10:28 PM
When I was 12 (I was big for 12 so I looked 16) I went to a house and their was a party going on with some older teens and I knocked and the guy answered and said he had no more candy but told me to wait.So I waited he came back and quickly shoved something in my bag.I wasn't paying attention as to what he put in but when I got home I then realized he gave me a box of trojan condoms.Tonight though my little girl was given a small red bible....whats up with that??

Kristi
11-01-2005, 05:06 PM
Let me preface this a little bit. My best friend has a foreign exchange student from Morocco living with her so she went out trick or treating (she is 16) to experience it.

She came back with a haul and we like good adults inspected all her candy (and took all the good stuff--just kidding). In there we found an orange bible, it was small and just had some scriptures in it but we just took it out of her bag and threw it away.

I never got anything like that when I trick or treated. STRANGE!

Sput
11-01-2005, 06:31 PM
This year my son got a one day family pass to the local art gallery, and the candy was wrapped in the fall/winter schedule.

In the past, when my son was 4 or 5, he went trick or treating with some friends, and the one friend's stepdad tagged along (and he was dressed up) as I was busy setting up fireworks for later. My son wasn't the fastest runner and couldn't keep up with the others, and he was upset at this point. My boy, and the friends stepdad got to one house, and the guy was great. He asked why so upset, and my son told him. The guy said to wait a minute, and he came back with one of the huge, 10 or 20 piece Kit Kats, and said he was not to share it with his freinds. Then he asked the stepdad how many he was walking with, and there was about 6 of them, so they guy said again....one minute. He comes back with a plastic bag and said 'this is for you for later'. As they were going down the street he looked, and in the bag was a nice cold six-pack for the adults to share while I set off the fireworks. THAT my friends was a good Halloween! :thumb:

Kristi
11-01-2005, 07:30 PM
This year my son got a one day family pass to the local art gallery, and the candy was wrapped in the fall/winter schedule.

In the past, when my son was 4 or 5, he went trick or treating with some friends, and the one friend's stepdad tagged along (and he was dressed up) as I was busy setting up fireworks for later. My son wasn't the fastest runner and couldn't keep up with the others, and he was upset at this point. My boy, and the friends stepdad got to one house, and the guy was great. He asked why so upset, and my son told him. The guy said to wait a minute, and he came back with one of the huge, 10 or 20 piece Kit Kats, and said he was not to share it with his freinds. Then he asked the stepdad how many he was walking with, and there was about 6 of them, so they guy said again....one minute. He comes back with a plastic bag and said 'this is for you for later'. As they were going down the street he looked, and in the bag was a nice cold six-pack for the adults to share while I set off the fireworks. THAT my friends was a good Halloween! :thumb:

That's great! One question..........FIREWORKS on Halloween? I'm going to guess this falls into my ONLY IN CANADA file!

Number_4
11-01-2005, 08:48 PM
My first year of university, my friends and I were dressed up for a party, and decided to trick or treat on our way to the party. I guess we must have looked pretty pathetic, because many of the homes gave out cans of alphagetti or soup, some gave out instant noodles. The one guy asked how old we were before giving us a can of beer each, while commenting on how this was the way it used to be in the old country.... now why cant that tradition still be around? lol
I have never gotten a bible, nor do I think that is entirely appropriate. I just dont think I would know what to do with it.
Did anyone get lots of kids last night? I know at our place, it was raining, so in a neighbourhood where we usually get well over 130 kids, we only got about 30. It was kinda sad. My one neighbour was giving out hot chocolate and coffee. Surprisingly enough, people actually took it. I guess it was that miserable out there.

Sput... Fireworks??? I dont think its a totally Canadian thing Kristi, I have never heard of fireworks on Halloween. Must be a Sput thing. lol

HAF
11-01-2005, 09:27 PM
That's great! One question..........FIREWORKS on Halloween? I'm going to guess this falls into my ONLY IN CANADA file!

I guess they wouldnt have fire works on July 4th would they...lol
Fireworks on Halloween must be kind of like Poutine... you only see it north of the border.

Chipper
11-01-2005, 10:07 PM
The weirdest thing my Daughter's got this year is Koolaid mix. In Fort Steele just north of Cranbrook about 5 minutes there is a big "safe" halloween party every year. If you have ever been to Fort Steele you know that it is a real ghost town and there is over 1000 people come there every year for halloween. The highlights of the night are the highschool drama puting on a very scary haunted house and then the finalee is a huge 15-20 minute fire works display that would put many july 1 or 4 to shame its just an amazing experiance. No lights, ghost town, Rocky Mountains as a back drop. Could you ask for anything better for kids and parents.

Sput
11-01-2005, 11:29 PM

Yes fireworks on Halloween. At least in PG its fairly big and was a yearly tradition at our house for 5-6 years. July 1st, Halloween, and usually New Years we would fire off some fireworks. Its a northern thing I guess. Anytime you get the chance to mix beer and explosives.....with a City granted permit to boot, you know you are in for a good time. :groovy: :D