PDA

View Full Version : What needs to be done...

Triton
11-01-2005, 11:12 AM
What needs to be done in order for us to be successful??

WHEATMAN
11-01-2005, 12:50 PM
kelly is a great GM and president, but he has shown that he can get talent, but he cant develop it, we need a coach that can develop

Tinner
11-01-2005, 12:50 PM
although you mentioned trades, and I admire that McCrimmon is loyal to Brandon/Manitoba born players, that may be the problem and trading players is the way to solve that, but it isn't easy to do. I think there is a leadership problem or at least turmoil in the dressing room that is affecting this teams play. Certainly recent newsworthy events have happened that may have brought to light some issues. And of course there is the "playing in Brandon" side of things, that is, kids from other provinces not wanting to play there because it is the most easterly team in the league and travel is huge, no different than PG or Portland.

Lastly, every team I have watched (CGY, KTN, BRAN, SC, KAM, MJ, LETH) and compared to last year and prior, have shown me that the talent/skill level is not as good as previous years, which means I, we, you have to lower our expectations. It doesn't mean there are not skilled kids, but if a team has even 1 or 2 less skilled kids as compared to previous years, it will make a difference. Which gets us back to exspansion. With Chilliwack coming on board next year, another 25 kids will play at this level.

So whats my point? My point is, Brandon is no different than Red Deer and a host of other teams that are in a "rebuilding" phase and we, the fans, cheer and want our team to do well and it just isn't happening or happening fast enough.

Joe Hallenback
11-01-2005, 08:01 PM
I agree with Rebel its just the cycle of junior hockey. Last year we tried to win it all and let Fehr,Stone,Konsorada,Monych,Sindel, and Later play in every situation. That will kill the development of alot of players and guys like Burki,Reaves,Boyle,Dittmer and Company didnt adjust very well at the start of the season to it.

I think as the season goes the team will play better. I also think if we can we should trade some guys at the deadline for Draft picks or young players. I Think guys like Day,Lenoski,Leblanc would come in handy for teams that are looking to go long in the playoffs and some extra 2nd,3rd or 4th round picks would go along way to rebuilding our team.

I think we did a good job in last years Bantam Draft and we will see Sanfred King as a regular next year who will show flashes of his offensive brilliance. Jordan Hale is a big aggressive Center who I think will also stick next year. I think Brandon may have a sleeper in Colby Robak who we got in the 4th round last year so watch out for him.

Its gonna be a lean couple of years for us but hopefully our drafts turnout ok and maybe just maybe we can get a superstar in this years bantam draft with a #1 or #2 pick.

Triton
11-01-2005, 08:10 PM
Funny you mention Hale and Robak.I seen Robak play and he's got skill.Doesn't hurt that he leads all Manitoba Midget AAA defenceman in scoring.Another guy who many won't recognize is Alexander Grill.This kid is going to be a big time player in this league..yes you heard it here.Joe Caliguiri is second in Manitoba midget AAA in GAA,he should also be a good one.Jay Fehr has been awesome so far as well for the Parkland Rangers.Sanfred is doing great for his first year in Midget AAA for the Wheat Kings.I know we are going through a rough time but in 2007 or 2008 we will be where Kelowna is.Same with Swift Current.They will be awesome around that time as well.

Joe Hallenback
11-01-2005, 09:01 PM
Yes I have seen Robak play this year too and he is very slick with the puck and has good size already. I wish fehr was about 3 inches taller and 30 pounds heavier as I have doubts about his ability to handle the tougher going in the WHL. Hopefully I am wrong cause we can use his offensive skill.

The WHL Bantam rankings from ISS http://www.internationalscouting.com/index.html dont come out until January so we wont get to see who are some of the hot prospects until then.

Yes King has done very well in his first year of Midget better the Neil Prokop who was the 5th overall pick by Moose Jaw and a Player I was very high on in last years draft. btw the Interlake Lightning will be the Mantioba champs this year they are an awesome team and keep an eye out in the future for Travis Bobbe the kid is an awesome player

Triton
11-02-2005, 09:52 AM
The InterLake Lightning were invited to Prince Albert's Ice Mania this month.There are alot of teams in it and it should be exciting hockey.I think I may take a peek at the Lightning when they play.