PDA

View Full Version : Costumes

J23
11-02-2005, 05:25 PM
Did anyone see the front page of the sports section in the Capital News today? They had a shot of a few of the players dressed up in thier halloween costumes for thier traditional team halloween dress-up skate. Too funny! I'm trying to get a team shot of them all dressed up, so I'll share it on here if I can get one. :)

Jovorock
11-03-2005, 08:58 AM
http://kelownacapnews.com/
then click on sports, then Rocket halloween.

Every year the boys have a practice in halloween gear, good thing to brake up the routine and have fun.

Big Daddy
11-03-2005, 11:17 AM
That's a great picture, I wish our coach (Giants) could lighten it up a bit. Seems like they are gripping the sticks a little tight!

SimonTemplar
11-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Nothing like CHL Hockey around Halloween and the many rinks around the country.

Hey Squig or Jovo. Whats going on with Kelowna so far they look like they are right back on top again. How many players returned from last years team that came down here to London.

Update me on anything with the team that you can think of.

Simon in London

ps..Knights are playing pretty good again with a power play that belongs in the NHL.
Shremp is smokin it this year averaging 4 points a game so Edmonton must be happy.

Jovorock
11-04-2005, 08:57 AM
Whats going on with Kelowna so far they look like they are right back on top again. How many players returned from last years team that came down here to London.

ps..Knights are playing pretty good again with a power play that belongs in the NHL.
Shremp is smokin it this year averaging 4 points a game so Edmonton must be happy.
The Rockets have the third most goals in the league, and last years top (Spurgeon) and third (Darzins) leading scorers haven't played a game this year because of shoulder surgerys. Both are expected back in December, so this is a different Rocket team.

The problem right now is we are in the middle of the pack in goals against. Injuries and youth have made the Rocket prone to give up more goals, look for something of a trade to sure it up.

Rockets have the best one two goaltending tandem in the league, Yeomans and Westblom are solid. Will we trade one of them?

I was surprised Schremp came back to London, he is ripping it apart. Will it become boring for him? Do you think the Knights have a chance to make another run for it?

SimonTemplar
11-07-2005, 05:41 PM
Thats just amazing doing as well as they have without Spurgeon and Darzins and can only imagine the strength of that team when they get back.

Your team always seems to be very set with goaltending going back to 03/04 on through till now.

Shremp seems pretty happy coming back and knows full well Lowe wants him to come here and light it up getting more lethal on the PP which will be his job in Edmonton. He will probably go back to the Oilers when London finishes next spring either in early April of late May.

The team is much different this year but keeping Dave Bolland, Shremp, Dylan Hunter and getting Adan Dennis back in net has lifted these guys right back to the top.

On the back end Syvret, Girardi, Rodney, Methot are all gone with only Rediker returning as an O.A but he hasn't played in two years but for about 20 games, 2 ACL's, they have little Syvret ( Dannys brother ) and 4 other kids who are getting pretty good already.

Many say this team reminds them of the Oiler teams who didn't care about allowing goals so long as they scored 7 to 10 against you.

The knights are averaging 8 goals a game almost and can they make it back to the dance, hard to say but by December after they have played everyone a few times they will know where they stand.

Sure is strange Hockey this year Jovo and trust me when I say no lead is safe in any game now.

GL to the Rockets .