PDA

View Full Version : stockard

smilly
11-02-2005, 06:40 PM
just heard on the news that both coach lindsay hoffard and g.m. daren stocker were fired by the hurricanes. didn't see this coming (that's why they hired Mcewen)

Chipper
11-02-2005, 06:49 PM
What is your source? I can't find any official release from the Hurricanes, or the Whl web sites.

smilly
11-02-2005, 06:51 PM
it was on the cfcn news will have more details at 11 :wave:

Nielson11
11-02-2005, 07:46 PM
Just got back from the press conference. The board of directors said they are doing great on the ice and it wasn't an off-ice issue....which means??/...exactly.

Was able to talk with Lindsay tonight too, what a great guy, he just said they came to his office today and said. You've been fired as Head Coach.

Hurricanes Board of Directors Relieve Hofford and Stocker of Duties

On Wednesday afternoon the Board of the Directors of the Lethbridge Hurricanes announced General Manager Darren Stocker and Head Coach Lindsay Hofford have been relieved of their duties effective immediately.

“Darren has been a large part of our organization for the past 13 years and we would like to thank him for the contribution he has made during his time with the club,” said President of the Hurricanes Board of Directors Brian McNaughton. “We truly wish him well in the future.”

“The board would also like to thank Lindsay for his contributions to the organization and we wish him the best of luck in the future,” added McNaughton.

loudi94
11-02-2005, 08:48 PM
I'm not complaining about this move one bit, but now what? The next hiring(s) are pivotal in the direction this team is going to take for the next few years.

taylor0017
11-02-2005, 09:05 PM
So anyone know or want to take a guess at who will be the coach? GM ? Brad McCwen for GM? Luc Theoret as coach? I don't like Luc as coach , I think we need more experience behind the bench. Not sure who is out there as a coach. Would like to hear everyone else's thoughts on this before they announce anything. :wave:

loudi94
11-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Shouldn't be too much longer before Maxwell gets fired in Victoria. ;)

taylor0017
11-02-2005, 10:17 PM
And your point is ....Maxi is a better coach then Hoffard was .....not saying much , but it is true

loudi94
11-02-2005, 11:29 PM
And your point is ....Maxi is a better coach then Hoffard was .....not saying much , but it is true

Just a sarcastic comment based on my faith that the BOG's has the potential to screw this up royally.

LHF
11-03-2005, 11:19 AM
Not true about Maxi being a better coach than Hoffard. Maxi is a good coach, but Hoffard knows the game better than most people, and could teach the players the game as good as anyone. That wasn't the problem.

PuckWatcher
11-03-2005, 02:34 PM
It was more off ice issues I can tell you that much for sure.

Nielson11
11-03-2005, 07:24 PM
The entire ogranization is being very tight lipped. But everyone from the Board of Governors to Theoret knows and admits this wasn't an on ice issue.

After all the team seems to be doing ok, last year was great and season ticket sales are at an all time high.

It's clearly an off-ice issue that everyone is afraid to talk about.

As for replacements. My bet is McEwan as GM...coach...it's a toss up. I like Luc, but I think he'd be the first to admit it'd be best to have a more experienced guy behind the bench for a while.

LHF
11-03-2005, 07:39 PM
Luc isn't experienced enough to be head coach for anymore than a few games. He isn't much older than some of the players, and needs more games and experience. Nice guy, but...

loudi94
11-05-2005, 02:33 PM
This team needs a big name coach. A former NHLer or similar to. The stink of these firings needs to be diffused quickly with an optimistic hiring instead of *** did this happen for. A Sutter is an option, but not necessarily my first choice due to inexperience.