PDA

View Full Version : vs Blades

ointhecreek
11-02-2005, 11:45 PM
What a terrible game! Blades skate circles around us, Rumsey gets a licken, defence is terrible, Hunter couldn't win a face-off. The first game I've walked out of before the game ends. Rumsey is so out of shape Tidball hit him just about at will. The only good parts I missed. (RJ fight and goal to spoil shut-out). O well, there is always next game when we can watch th Lecovich show. :skeptical

Johnsy05
11-03-2005, 01:25 AM
What a terrible game! Blades skate circles around us, Rumsey gets a licken, defence is terrible, Hunter couldn't win a face-off. The first game I've walked out of before the game ends. Rumsey is so out of shape Tidball hit him just about at will. The only good parts I missed. (RJ fight and goal to spoil shut-out). O well, there is always next game when we can watch th Lecovich show. :skeptical

How were the fights how about a little description of each!? haha im most curious about how larochelle did and how wardo did from sk'toon im guessing when u say it was tidball that beat up rumsey?

EDIT: NM i just forgot to read the whole post now i know who it was that rumsey squared off with.

Scout
11-03-2005, 06:49 AM
I was so fed up with the way the guys were playing i left after the second period. I never saw the fights but heard R.J. beat his guy bad as did Benke and Smith. Rumsey got beat is all i know. Can a poster who was there give an update please?

Scout

Oh-Vee
11-03-2005, 09:17 AM
That was a poor effort on the ice last night. It is frustrating as a fan to not know which team is going to show up night in and night out. That was sure not the same team that skated and worked hard against a quick and talented Med Hat club. The fights added some entertainment to the evening but I would rather have the two points.

I stayed until the bitter end and saw most of the fights. The line brawl was in the far corner so I couldn't really see how it started. It looked like a battle for the puck with guys pushing and shoving, the next thing I saw were gloves in the air. Benke came in quick as some one was getting double teamed (Smith or Nelson not sure which). Rumsey got tossed around pretty good. Unfortunatly I got so caught up in the moment I forgot to see who was paired up so I am not much help with the line brawl.

Aspenlind and Haw were yapping back and forth all night after a first period incident where Haw waited until a team mate got between them and Haw reached around and suckered Jeremy in the face. They met up at around the 10 minute mark of the the third and went at it. I would have to give the win to Haw as he had about 4 inches of reach and half a foot of hight on Jeremy. Aspenlind gave it a sporting effort and landed a few shots but ended up with the worst of it.

LaRochelle and Bahensky went at it about 5 minutes later and LaRochelle landed the majority of the shots. After the fight the always classy Haw came to the penalty box and said something to Bahensky, I couldn't quite hear what he was saying but it may as well have been see you in a couple of sectonds.

Not 10 seconds later Haw cross checked Rakos and Rakos looked hurt. Raffl to his credit did not waste any time getting rid of his helmet and gloves to take on Haw. Raffl did quite well considering who he was up against. Raffl landed two or three shots took one or two and then they fell to the ice. 2 mintutes for instigating well spent. Haw left the ice to a nice round of boo's and waved to the crowd.

All in all a very poor effort. The Nelson goal was nice but hardly enough. The Setoguchi goal was very nice but aided by a flat footed defence pairing. January 11 should be interesting. I sure did not enjoy watching Haw wave as he left the ice, hopefully something will be done (on the scoreboard first then the fists) about that next time.

Johnsy05
11-03-2005, 11:00 AM
That was a poor effort on the ice last night. It is frustrating as a fan to not know which team is going to show up night in and night out. That was sure not the same team that skated and worked hard against a quick and talented Med Hat club. The fights added some entertainment to the evening but I would rather have the two points.

I stayed until the bitter end and saw most of the fights. The line brawl was in the far corner so I couldn't really see how it started. It looked like a battle for the puck with guys pushing and shoving, the next thing I saw were gloves in the air. Benke came in quick as some one was getting double teamed (Smith or Nelson not sure which). Rumsey got tossed around pretty good. Unfortunatly I got so caught up in the moment I forgot to see who was paired up so I am not much help with the line brawl.

Aspenlind and Haw were yapping back and forth all night after a first period incident where Haw waited until a team mate got between them and Haw reached around and suckered Jeremy in the face. They met up at around the 10 minute mark of the the third and went at it. I would have to give the win to Haw as he had about 4 inches of reach and half a foot of hight on Jeremy. Aspenlind gave it a sporting effort and landed a few shots but ended up with the worst of it.

LaRochelle and Bahensky went at it about 5 minutes later and LaRochelle landed the majority of the shots. After the fight the always classy Haw came to the penalty box and said something to Bahensky, I couldn't quite hear what he was saying but it may as well have been see you in a couple of sectonds.

Not 10 seconds later Haw cross checked Rakos and Rakos looked hurt. Raffl to his credit did not waste any time getting rid of his helmet and gloves to take on Haw. Raffl did quite well considering who he was up against. Raffl landed two or three shots took one or two and then they fell to the ice. 2 mintutes for instigating well spent. Haw left the ice to a nice round of boo's and waved to the crowd.

All in all a very poor effort. The Nelson goal was nice but hardly enough. The Setoguchi goal was very nice but aided by a flat footed defence pairing. January 11 should be interesting. I sure did not enjoy watching Haw wave as he left the ice, hopefully something will be done (on the scoreboard first then the fists) about that next time.

Thanks for the recap...Good to hear Benke and Raffl Both stepped up and defended teamates

Flathead
11-03-2005, 12:14 PM
I don't mind losing, but losing and putting up absolutely zero effort is another thing. We were totally dominated. The 28 or whatever shots we had I thought were flattering.
Rumsey was tossed around a bit at the end but I didn't think he did that bad considering he was fighting, supposedly, the leagues toughest guy. I've seen a lot more lobsided fights than that one and he did get some good shots in. At least he stood in there and was man enough not to turtle.
Too bad RJ has had the concussion problems earlier in his career, wow what a tough kid! :thumb:

ointhecreek
11-03-2005, 12:27 PM
I don't mind losing, but losing and putting up absolutely zero effort is another thing. We were totally dominated. The 28 or whatever shots we had I thought were flattering.
Seems to be the majority of opinions. Really disapointed tonight. Maybe the worst effort at home.

Rumsey was tossed around a bit at the end but I didn't think he did that bad considering he was fighting, supposedly, the leagues toughest guy. I've seen a lot more lobsided fights than that one and he did get some good shots in. At least he stood in there and was man enough not to turtle.
Yes, I'll give him credit for standing in there and taking it. He just doesn't seem to be the Rumsey That I remember. :skeptical

Flathead
11-03-2005, 05:47 PM
Yes, I'll give him credit for standing in there and taking it. He just doesn't seem to be the Rumsey That I remember. :skeptical
And I can agree to that, I think in order for Rumsey to be more effective, he has to be the Rumsey of old. There's been a lot of nights this year that he goes the whole game unoticed. I'm a big Rumsey fan and yes the Rumsey of the last few years needs to come back.

Offsider
11-03-2005, 10:09 PM
Really think the Rumsey of last year would have put some of the Blades speedsters on there A** at the blue line . Boy can that Benke chuck his paws , He could be the size of Haw in two years and a better fighter.

sectionL
11-03-2005, 10:18 PM
I agree with you in that Benke can really throw them, I would even venture as far to say that he is probably the best fighter on the Broncos. And he's only going to get better. Be good to see him and Postma dressed at the same time and maybe sit ..hmm Hengen.

Johnsy05
11-03-2005, 10:31 PM
Really think the Rumsey of last year would have put some of the Blades speedsters on there A** at the blue line . Boy can that Benke chuck his paws , He could be the size of Haw in two years and a better fighter.

The size of Haw? the kids already two inches taller than the guy and weighs about the same so not sure what your talking about i would have liked to have seen haw and benke go as good as raffl did against him and the fact that aspenlind stood in there pretty well against him leads me to believe he could dummy haw!

Haw - 6'4 215
Benke - 6'5.5 218 the kids already a monster

Willis on the Welfare
11-03-2005, 11:17 PM
And I can agree to that, I think in order for Rumsey to be more effective, he has to be the Rumsey of old. There's been a lot of nights this year that he goes the whole game unoticed. I'm a big Rumsey fan and yes the Rumsey of the last few years needs to come back.

Alot of people think Rumsey changed his game when he got drafted. I think it happened when Trojovsky got dealt. That made Rumsey the undisputed leader of the defence. Something like that can change your attitude and approach to the game. Maybe it's a confidence thing, who knows? The fact that Rumsey decided to have one of his first scraps of the year against a 20 year old cement head with more than 10 fighting majors already shows me Rumsey is taking a big step in accepting his role.

As far as Myles is concerned, everything's gonna be alright. Not since Bilodeau has the number 5 been put to such good use in Swift.

Willi$

ointhecreek
11-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Maybe it's a confidence thing, who knows? The fact that Rumsey decided to have one of his first scraps of the year against a 20 year old cement head with more than 10 fighting majors already shows me Rumsey is taking a big step in accepting his role.

Willi$
I don't think he had much choice, when the scrum started in the corner Tidball grabed him.

Scout
11-04-2005, 06:42 AM
I wish Toulmin was dressed. They say he is one tough customer also. Toulmin and Benke next year should be a little intimidating. Both have size at 6'4" and 6'6", both 17 and over the 200 lb. mark. Maybe for this year we should go for Matt Kaissen. Ok it's early and i was dreaming, but he would be one intimidating player.

Scout

Johnsy05
11-04-2005, 12:42 PM
I wish Toulmin was dressed. They say he is one tough customer also. Toulmin and Benke next year should be a little intimidating. Both have size at 6'4" and 6'6", both 17 and over the 200 lb. mark. Maybe for this year we should go for Matt Kaissen. Ok it's early and i was dreaming, but he would be one intimidating player.

Scout

I don't mean to be correcting everyone on here haah but i believe toulmin is only 16 at least i think anyways? i could be wrong though to(wouldn't be the first time) And more about toulmin i have also heard toulmin can chuck em but please don't tell me the bronco's drafted a enforcer with there second round pick in the bantam draft? Or is he more of a powerforward type that should be able to put points up in a couple years?

EDIT: I too think toulmin should be dressed more often and not just for his physical attributes i thought he looked alright the only game this year i seen him in the home opener vs pa he sure didn't look out of place if i recall correctly he even scored?

Scout
11-04-2005, 06:45 PM
Wow, Grant is only 16. Won't be 17 until March/06. Grant is not a cement head. He is known as a power forward who won't go around you but over you. He is a team player who doesn't look for fights but will have no problem stepping in for a teammate and won't back down from anyone. He is a southpaw which catches alot of people off guard but can also fight with his right. The kid is still growing and will be one of those players who will screen the goalie and take shots from the defencemen. He also crashes the net looking for rebounds. Not many of those types around anymore. He will be a good one i think.

Scout

Scout
11-04-2005, 06:49 PM
A guy has posted the fight video's on hockeyfights.com. Have a look if you wish.

Scout

Johnsy05
11-05-2005, 02:18 AM
A guy has posted the fight video's on hockeyfights.com. Have a look if you wish.

Scout

Been there done that... i see you post as the same name on there i am avalanche04 on that site..

Johnsy05
11-05-2005, 02:31 AM
Wow, Grant is only 16. Won't be 17 until March/06. Grant is not a cement head. He is known as a power forward who won't go around you but over you. He is a team player who doesn't look for fights but will have no problem stepping in for a teammate and won't back down from anyone. He is a southpaw which catches alot of people off guard but can also fight with his right. The kid is still growing and will be one of those players who will screen the goalie and take shots from the defencemen. He also crashes the net looking for rebounds. Not many of those types around anymore. He will be a good one i think.

Scout

Good to hear the broncos could definiatly use a player of grants type.

ointhecreek
11-05-2005, 08:56 AM
For those that missed it. Hope this works and allowed to do this. If not, please remove.
http://rapidshare.de/files/7146244/Saskatoon___Swift_Current_Line_Brawl.wmv.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/7146317/Bahensky_vs_LaRochelle.wmv.html
http://rapidshare.de/files/7146084/Haw_vs_Aspenlind.wmv.html

ointhecreek
11-05-2005, 09:04 AM
Raffl vs Haw
http://rapidshare.de/files/7146374/Haw_vs_Raffl.wmv.html

I missed this fight, but to me it looks like Raffl worked over Hee Haw. Good for the Euro!! I'm really beginning to like this guy! :clap:

ointhecreek
11-05-2005, 09:16 AM
I'd like to thank HordiBrusk29 From hockeyfights.com for these clips. :thumb:

Johnsy05
11-05-2005, 04:14 PM
Raffl vs Haw
http://rapidshare.de/files/7146374/Haw_vs_Raffl.wmv.html

I missed this fight, but to me it looks like Raffl worked over Hee Haw. Good for the Euro!! I'm really beginning to like this guy! :clap:

Agreed not very often u find a euro that isn't afraid to drop the gloves... I liked the way he wasted no time at all to take on haw after her dumped rakos.