PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs aquire defenceman

Triton
11-03-2005, 10:27 AM
The Spokane Chiefs have acquired 17-year-old Justin Falk from the Calgary Hitmen in exchange for 17-year-old forward Mike Reich. Falk is a 6’5”, 200 pound defenseman who is +2 with two assists in five games this year with the Hitmen. The Snowflake, Manitoba native appeared in four games last season with Calgary.

“We’re looking forward to Justin joining our team,” Chiefs General Manager Tim Speltz said. “He has great size, competes hard and will be a good addition to our club.”

Reich is in his second year in the WHL and played in seven games this season after appearing in 39 as a 16-year-old rookie in 2004-05. Reich registered two goals, one assist and 64 penalty minutes last year and one assist and 17 penalty minutes this season.

“This should be a good opportunity for Mike and we wish him the best of luck,” Speltz said.

The Chiefs will be at home with two games this weekend when they host the Portland Winter Hawks on Real Country Night presented by Real Country K102 and Tri-City on Saturday night. Saturday, the first 5,000 fans through the gates will receive a pair of CheerStix courtesy of Coca-Cola on Buck Night. Fans will enjoy $1 Coca-Cola products, Hot Dogs and Popcorn.

Saturday will also be the first of six games that Les Schwab will present coverage of the Chiefs on Comcast. The game will air live on channel 12 on Comcast and be re-aired the next day. The game will also be made available on Comcast's Video On Demand service.

Jimmypop316
11-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Thats one gigantic kid.. only 17 and already 6'5 200. That now gives us 8 defenceman so I wonder if one is on their way out.

rezstyle
11-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Anyone have any info on him...he seems to be scratched alot lately, I'm hoping he's hurt and not a healthy scratch as he has a lot of potential as a rugged dman

Jimmypop316
11-09-2005, 03:12 PM
Anyone have any info on him...he seems to be scratched alot lately, I'm hoping he's hurt and not a healthy scratch as he has a lot of potential as a rugged dman

I don't know why they keep scratching him either. They are giving Spurgeon a lot of ice time over McCue despite the fact that he isnt even 16 yet (turns 16 this month or next!). McCue is going to be probably #1-2 d-man in a year or two hes got a lot of potential.

I'd rather theyd be playing McCue over Spurgeon, hes a lot better and Spurgeon has a lot of growing to do.