PDA

View Full Version : Cougars 3 - Ice 1

Sput
11-03-2005, 12:53 PM
Having missed the first period I can't comment on it at all. That said, the second and third were just standard play these days for the Cats. Hard work, puck pursuit, strong fore-check and never giving up. Missed the first goal by Rai, and the penalties afterwards (just got off work and was hungry), but the second goal was simply hard work and not giving up on the puck. Wikner has been working his tail off and starting to show dividends for it. Featherstone's goal, I didn't see it go in, but the ref didn't hesitate, and the Ice didn't argue hardly at all.

This sets up a great looking rematch friday night. The Cougs will stick to their game plan, that is proven to work, and I'm sure the Ice will come out of the gate harder than they did Wed. night.

VERY disappointed in the number of people that were at the game. 2705 in a barn that holds 6000. I don't know what else the team can do to get people in the seats. Its up to the management and marketing people now. The team is winning, consistantly, and working hard in the loses they have had. Things are looking better in Cougarville.

Chipper
11-03-2005, 01:12 PM
Okay you won round one. Maybe tomorow my team will bounce back I would hate for all those Couger fans to have to wait till playoffs to see us win in PG. :laugh:

Sput
11-03-2005, 03:03 PM
There's lots of hockey to be played between now and then Chipper. We both have to have our teams make the playoffs first before the Cougs can melt the Ice in the Playoffs.

I'm still going to call a Cougar win friday night. Closer matched game, but still a Cougar win.