PDA

View Full Version : Trades a brewing???????

kevanie97
11-03-2005, 08:09 PM
Lots of talk around the arena of trade talks, the one I heard the most is Chipchura coming this way and some talk of Brule.

Who knows for sure other then Bruce.

westbeach55
11-03-2005, 08:37 PM
no way chipchura is going there, what would you give up for him. just a rumor

Triton
11-03-2005, 08:53 PM

Seeing as he won't be around in P.A next year,probably wouldn't be a bad thing to get something in return such as high picks or younger 16,17 or 18 year olds or prospects.I know Plante is being shopped around cause Brandon is looking towards next year and the year after and Plante probably won't be around to be in those plans,so ya might as well get something.

kevanie97
11-03-2005, 09:49 PM

This is true Westbeach but like canadian said he won't be back next year so why not get something for him now if possible.

westbeach55
11-03-2005, 10:16 PM
why not wait till trade deadline? Stupid to dump off now when you can get a team that will be paying alot more than now

Jovorock
11-04-2005, 08:27 AM
Is PA ready to make a run next year? Are they young and next year their year?

But the Rockets still need one more quality defenseman. We are just fine offensively, when Spurgeon and Darzins come back we will be increadible up front, its the defense that needs a little help with depth. Schenn has looked great for a 15/16 year old, he sure doesn't play his age. But in the playoffs I think Hamilton should add one rear guard.

FELIX17
11-04-2005, 03:29 PM
PA's year was supposed to be this year. Next year they will be brutal with the loss of Chipchura, Seitsonen, Byers, Thelen, Erickson, and Schafer. Not sure what is going on. Their goaltending continues to be terrible. The only guy that seems to be playing is Byers. Anholt tore a strip off the vets in the paper the other day:

Peter Anholt was left shaking his head.
There were a lot of things the Prince Albert Raiders head coach couldn't believe after watching his team fall 6-2 to the visiting Moose Jaw Warriors on Wednesday.

The Raiders, whose Western Hockey League winless streak is now at seven games, have yet to win this season at the Art Hauser Centre.

“I cannot believe how bad some guys are playing on our team,” said Anholt. “I can't believe how bad our veterans are playing. I can't believe it. I've seen them play so much better. I cannot believe they are as bad as they are.

“I can't believe we turn pucks over like we do and pass right to guys.

“I can't believe Aki Seitsonen is as bad a player right now as he is. I can't believe Mike Hellyer is as bad a player as he is right now. I can't believe Kyle Chipchura is as bad as he is.” PA Daily Herald

As for defencemen, I think there's a shortage of top notch defencemen in the league.