PDA

View Full Version : Rebs/Tips

Tinner
11-04-2005, 11:09 PM
Tough loss in a shoot-out, but for the most part, it was the best game I've seen the Rebs play at home this year. A few posts, some, limited scoring chances. I thought the turning point may have been a disallowed goal, from out vantage point, it went in. To bad the goal judge was sleeping as the puck certainly looked as it went in.

Hanson certainly brings some calmness to the D and some size. It looks like he was still a little hesitant, but better things are sure to come.

Rebel tape: 8

Tipped Off
11-04-2005, 11:38 PM
After the 2nd intermission the Tips announcers came on and said after viewing the reply, it definately went in and the Tips dodged a huge bullet. It just seems when your going good, all the breaks go your way (like the Tips) and when things aren't going well (like the RDR) no matter how hard you work, the breaks just don;t go your way and the puck doesn't find the net (or when it does, the home town goal judge falls asleep).

Rebrevs
11-04-2005, 11:40 PM
It was nice to see the REbels put together a solid game. THey really deserved the win. (a few posts and a missed goal by the goal judge)THe Dmen came through with a consistent and solid game which resulted in more offensive opportunities. Hansen definitely helps!! Mihalik is coming along. I like his shot from the point. Brett Sutter DOES work hard and really causes players to cough up the puck. Egener is going to be real good, real soon. Loved Ted's work ethic. Caused a lot of havoc out there. I hope the boys can put another effort like this into their next game. It will be part of the building process. THey need to see the fruits of their labor.

Rebel66
11-05-2005, 01:03 AM
Excellent game by the Rebels that deserved a better fate. Whats the point in having a goal judge if they don't do just that? It looked in from my vantage point, down the other end of the ice! Huge break for the Tips and a definite turning point in the game. They called a timeout right after and I said to the fans in my section that they were going to be looking at this as the turning point.

It sure looked good at 1-0, on the powerplay with just over two minutes left. However, when a team is struggling for wins, it figures that the opponents would score a shorthanded marker almost immediately. Then the Rebels completely dominted overtime only to lose in the lottery. That figures too.

Still, all in all, that was the best performance of the season. Everyone played well, they should have won, and they will win their fair share if they continue to play that way.

BTW anyone looking for a goal judge job, I hear that there might be an opening coming up in Red Deer real soon!

Sgt. Zeek
11-05-2005, 10:55 AM
I thought it was the best game the rebs have played at home this year. Another player that no one has mentioned is Andrew Leslie. I thought he made some exelent saves in this game to keep the rebs in it, throughout the game. Glad to see a good effort by everyone.

Reb tape 8

tiny
11-05-2005, 01:33 PM
It is nice to hear so many positives. I, too, think this was a very good sign. The team played with heart and played quite smart. Yes Leslie did make some terrific saves ( one glove save was outstanding). I yeally liked the way the lines were put together and the way the defense played. Now we need to have Wick get hot and have the whole team put a few of these games together. Good luck on the road.

Great to see Tips fans... Kristi, Chad and Ron again. Good people.
Game ...8

Broncs in RD
11-05-2005, 01:42 PM
I liked the game REbels should have won it....the goal was easily in I can't believe someone never noticed it was in I was sitting in WW had a great view of it. Great moves by Versteeg did anyone else notice those moves with a few moments left in the third? Leslie was amazing.!! One question why the hell is Knacksted shooting in the shootout??????

Tinner
11-05-2005, 01:44 PM
because he was 2 for 2 prior to last night.

Rebrevs
11-05-2005, 02:20 PM
Knackstead deserved to be chosen as one of the shoot out players. As REbel 39 mentioned, he has been very successful in the past. Both cases were deeks which is what he tried last night. He just last the handle on it last night.

Versteeg's moves on the one rush mentioned above had me out of my seat, literally. I haven't seen Wick pull anything that sweet.

Rebel66
11-05-2005, 06:40 PM
Versteeg's moves on the one rush mentioned above had me out of my seat, literally. I haven't seen Wick pull anything that sweet.

Versteeg has amazing skill. I was out of my seat on that rush too! I still cannot believe that the Blazers traded him away and then threw in a real decent player like Chapman too! That's a nice bit of dealing by Mr. Sutter.

WHL Rules
11-14-2005, 02:30 PM
I know it's been some time now but who scored the goal for the Rebels in that game?
I thought it was Brandon Sutter but now the WHL website changed it to Jared Walker and gave Sutter the second assist. :confused:
Anyone remember?

RebelsFan
11-15-2005, 09:17 AM
I just rewatched the livestream from that game and if you are refering to the powerplay goal it went as follows. Brandon Sutter passed the puck out from behind the net then went to set up at the face off dot to the right of the goalie. The puck then came out to him and he took a shot. The announcer at the time yelled that Sutter had scored but it may have been tipped by Walker. Watching it on the livestream is inconclusive in my opinion. Maybe it can be better seen on a television reply but not on my computer.

playa
11-15-2005, 10:36 PM
I was watching from the concourse directly up from the side of the Tips net and I definitely saw it touched by Walker. As the goal was announced my exact reply was "Sutter? Really? I swear it was off Walker". Anyhow...just what I saw...