PDA

View Full Version : Blazers 2 @ Giants 5 - Nov. 4th

Beaner
11-05-2005, 02:23 AM
Well, not a very exciting game tonight, in fact pretty sloppy play overall. Giants dominated the first period outshooting the Blazers 14-1, but after the midpoint of the 2nd they basically took the rest of the night off and just coasted. A lack of discipline cost the Blazers big time tonight, as the Giants scored 4 PPG. Blazers looked like a team that has quite frankly, quit working for their team. 2 Goals for the Blazers is more than flattering for them, it should have been a shutout.

Lots of scorebaord problems tonight which resulted in alot of delays and confusion - My favorite part was the scorebaord saying the Giants were playing against Everett. :p

NOTES
JD Watt was out tonight serving his 1 game suspension for instigating on Saturday Night vs. the Tips.
Voytecheck, Blum and Dulle were the other scratches for the Giants.
Slade and Dubnyk were the startes.
Shots were 37-22 for the Giants.
Giants 4/9 on the PP, 'loops 0/3

GOALS
1. VAN Kraus, (6) (Mikkelson, Albers), 15:39 (PP) 5-4 PP, Mikkelson fires an absolutely beuatiful pass from the point thru the slot, to Kraus parked at the side of the net who pops it in to the open side. GREAT PASS!
2. VAN Kraus, (7) (Bartley, Mikkelson), 9:12 (PP) 5-3 PP, Bartley gets a shot off, rebound comes to Kraus on the open side, who pops it in for another easy marker.
2. VAN Repik, (6) (Mikkelson, Franson), 11:06 (PP) Same 5-3 PP, Mikkelson fires another big shot from the point that deflects across the slot, right on to Repiks stick who has the open cage yet again to shot at.
3. KAM Jorgensen, (8) (Mulock, Rome), 2:07 Sigh. Fistric overcommits to block a shot, Dustin over plays the shooter taking himself out of the net, Mulock skates around behind the net and passes it to Jorgenson who is right in the blue paint with a wide open net.
3. VAN Reese, (1) (Albers), 5:45 Albers, breaking down the wing, almost at the goal line by the boards, just throws it at the net, and it goes in off Reeses' leg into the net. A cheapy, but going to the net paid off for Reese.
3. VAN Franson, (4) , 13:45 (PP) Franson, takes the puck behind his own net and goes thru the entire Blazers team coast to coast and just chips the puck over a sprawled out Dubnyk. How he got thru 3 Defenceman in the Attacking Zone is inexcusable.
3. KAM Macias, (2) (Gutierrez), 16:00 More sloppy play form the Giants in their own zone leads to Macais potting another goal. Dont remember the exact details but the Giants were running around yet again.

FISTICUFFS
None.

OFFICIATING
Klein tonight - and I did not liek the way he called this game. Some of the calls he made were WEAK! The diving call on Lamb was brutal. Even the Loops player thought he was getting the crosscheck penalty on that play. I dont know what the players were saying out there tonight, but I think Mr. Klein needs to get a bit of a thicker skin or just relax a bit. GRADE C

DUMB PENALTY OF THE NIGHT
Rome 4 for Spearing in the 3rd. A selfish penalty.

OVERALL
The Giants played well in the 1st, got the oppurtunity to bury the Blazers when the got the almost 4 min. 5-3, and they did take advantage of it by scoring 2 more. Then they turned it off and coasted the rest of the night. Lucky they were playing a team that didn't seem to care all that much, because if it had been a better team they may have just lost this game. Kamloops is a pretty chippy team, the coach is going to have to somehow get these guys thinking straight or it is going to be an awfully long year in Kamloops.

Happy we got the win tonight, but I was not happy with the 30mins. effort from the Giants.

3 Stars
1. VAN - 12 Tim Kraus
2. VAN - 6 Cody Franson
3. VAN - 22 Brendan Mikkelson

GF71
11-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I have to agree, the game was pretty boring. I don't know if I would give the Giants credit for even 30min of effort, but...they won. Franson's goal was a beauty. From behind the goalline to the other end, the true definition of coast to coast. But, as beaner said, how was he able to go through three Blazers just over thier blue line? He was pretty proud of himself after the game however...albeit still a little shocked that it even happened. Maybe this will bring him out of his slump? Rutherford lost three more teeth afer taking a high stick to the mouth. It was kinda gross looking, with one tooth broken in half, one just barely hanging in and chipped badly, and another broken off at the gum. OUCH. Watt will draw in for Calgary, most likey Czibere will sit. Best buddies Kassian and Scharff drew unsportsman penalties near the end of the game. Kassian was hanging with quite a few of the Giants after the game, catching up on hellos and such.

scamperdog
11-05-2005, 10:02 AM
Watched Fransons goal on global this morning almost looked like we were scared to touch him, but it was a nice goal,
I have to make up my mind today if I want to go to game in Van next friday on the booster bus, the way we are playing I really thinking it is a big waist of time and money, at least now you guys are seeing what many blazer fans are complaining about, hopefully something changes soon or it is going to be tuff to catch up in this division.

rinkrat
11-05-2005, 10:26 AM
I have to make up my mind today if I want to go to game in Van next friday on the booster bus, the way we are playing I really thinking it is a big waist of time and money,
C'mon down,its heavyweight heroes night...
http://www.vancouvergiants.com/

scamperdog
11-05-2005, 11:20 AM
C'mon down,its heavyweight heroes night...
http://www.vancouvergiants.com/
free poster how could I go wrong

rinkrat
11-05-2005, 11:31 AM
Rutherford lost three more teeth afer taking a high stick to the mouth. It was kinda gross looking, with one tooth broken in half, one just barely hanging in and chipped badly, and another broken off at the gum. OUCH.
Gotta feel sorry for Rutherford,he just recently had dealings with the dentist..I feel for ya dude!(gummy)

scamperdog
11-05-2005, 11:42 AM
Gotta feel sorry for Rutherford,he just recently had dealings with the dentist..I feel for ya dude!(gummy)
which blazer did it, or was it just bad luck, I have seen a lot of stick work the last few games that is going uncalled, I think its one thing the league has to get better control over

Beaner
11-05-2005, 12:20 PM
which blazer did it, or was it just bad luck, I have seen a lot of stick work the last few games that is going uncalled, I think its one thing the league has to get better control over

It was Ellerby - He got 4 mins for it.

GF71
11-05-2005, 12:47 PM
It looked accidental..Rudy is a little guy...but still...it was gross looking.

Beaner
11-05-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't think it was deliberate at all, he just caught Rutherford with a high stick behind the net. The ref did a nice hard look for blood. When he first caught him I thought Elerby would only get 2. 4 was probably the right call.

But since this is twice that Rutherford is picking teeth up off the ice - is he playing without a mouthguard? Or, is he just having really bad luck. Seems strange that he has had teeth knocked out twice so far this year.