PDA

View Full Version : Walker to PG for Berube and Bray

Sabes
11-05-2005, 08:14 PM
The Prince George Cougars have announced the acquisition of 19 year old left handed centre Jared Walker from the Red Deer Rebels in exchange for defenseman Mike Berube and forward Josh Bray.

http://www.pgcougars.com/news/text/337/403/Cougars+Add+Centre

Tinner
11-05-2005, 08:45 PM
I think there's more to come. This trade is a surpise as WHO is the d man now on the bubble. Smith did not play last night, (healthly scratch) and there's at least 1 more now going to sit. Don't know much about Berube or Bray.

Rebrevs
11-05-2005, 09:17 PM
I figured this was coming but it still made my jaw drop!! I can hardly wait until two years down the road. Seriously though, I find myself enjoying this season for a whole different set of reasons. I look forward to the games because I never know what to expect and I love watching the improvements the team is striving to make. What's next?!!

tiny
11-05-2005, 09:29 PM
If I have it right ... Mike Berube is 17y 5' 11" 198 lbs D man
Josh Bray is 18y 6'0" and 190 lbs Forward from Balgonie Sask ... Rebrevs tells me that is a good thing

Homer
11-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Berube is pretty talented offensively, just requires some more experience. Bray is a checking forward, not that talented offensively but a very hard worker, good on the forecheck, pk and that sort of thing. A couple of guys I'll be sorry to see go. All the best to them in RD.

Sput
11-05-2005, 10:06 PM
What can you give us as far as what Walker is like? Not to bad for stats, and probably on the third line(?). Looks to be a good addition here, and it will be good for the future giving the 16yo Dmen a chance to play more.

Rebel66
11-05-2005, 11:48 PM
I was thinking for quite a while that Walker might be dealt. However, after the recent trades I thought he was safe for a while. I guess not! Nobody is safe anymore it seems.

Another two for one deal but this time the team got younger which is a good thing.

I'm just glad that Sutter is dealing with teams other than Moose Jaw! :groovy:

Rebels30
11-06-2005, 11:09 AM
aarrggg :burningma i'm soo mad..i actually thought Jared was getting really great... :burningma
:evil: :skeptical

frontrow fan
11-06-2005, 11:22 AM
sorry to see Jared go...he certainly has talent! but it just came down to when he would bring it to the rink...Maybe a change of scenery will help him become more consistant...GOOD LUCK JARED... :wave:
Now.... Wick..?? he needs to bring it on!! he seems to be in a funk...was better on Friday, but still not urgent enough!! Versteeg, Sutter(1), Sutter(2) are playing as good as anyone could ask...wow...great for the future!! :clap:

Rebels30
11-06-2005, 12:20 PM
well i think that Brent might be trading roman to a team that has a good chance of making it far in the playoffs....i think the team is going to get younger and younger as the year goes on :dead: ..and then in about 2 years we'll have a great chance at getting the cup!! :clap:
still sad to see sum of our best players being traded...
IMO!!
good luck to the ones being traded :)

D.A.
11-06-2005, 01:12 PM
It's pretty tough to trade a 20-year-old Euro. I think he'll stick around for the full season...

charlie
11-06-2005, 01:50 PM
just a caution to some of you who may be thinking that getting younger guarantees a great team in a year or two...things certainly do look good for the next few years however it all depends on all that young talent developing and continuing to get better. it makes for a championship team when gordon's, ward's, mapletoft's etc all get to the top of their game however it didn't happen for flatters, kurceba, zetariuk, and a few others. there is a fair bit that has to go right before we see those championship teams again.