PDA

View Full Version : Blades Vs Tigers

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-05-2005, 11:37 PM
The game got off to a good start with a goal by Todd Panchyson, the tigers scored one to tie the game and breaking the game open scoring 3 unanswered goals in the 1st, it was only about 9:27 into the 1st when Anton khudobin lost his cool after letting in 3 goals but they were not all his fault,swinging his stick at the goal post,and leaving the ice and he was very angry as he skated and arrived at the bench,I think he basically sent the message that if the defence will not keep the puck away and clear of the net then he will not play goal, I did not see a signal from Molleken, so i think that he just had enough. (he shows his anger when he is not playing well or is frustrated because his defence did not play well in front of him). Kevin Armstrong came into the game and played well. I think 2 of the goals could have been prevented by the defence and one goal was caused by the puck bouncing over the defencemen's stick(not that it is an excuse for the goal being allowed) the defence was not playing very well at this point in the game,but after Lorne Molleken called a timeout it seemed to calm the team down. When the 2nd period started the boys started playing better, making mistakes here and there. When the second period ended the score was 4-3 Tigers. Devin Setoguchi scored the tying goal on a breakaway that was set up by Evan Haw and Wacey Rabbit,the game was tied 4-4. The game was tied after 60 minutes, So into overtime the game went and it was still deadlocked at 4. I was hoping the game would not go into a shootout but I am happy that it did because Wacey Rabbit poted the game winner. This game was one of if not THE most nerveracking home game even though there has only been 6 home games. It was an awesome game. Here are some stats from the game.

Saskatoon Blades Player Stats

Evan Haw: 1 Assist
Nick Knudsen 1 Assist
Joe Barnes 1 Goal
Devin Setoguchi 1 Goal & 1 Assist
Wacey Rabbit 1 goal (shootout game winner)
Adam Geric 2 PIMS
Ryan Menei 2 PIMS
Brett Ward 2 PIMS
Todd Panchyson 2 goals
Zdenek Bahensky 2 PIMS

Medicine Hat Tigers Player Stats

Gord Baldwin 2 PIMS
David Schelmko 1 Assist
Trevor Glass 1 Assist
Tommy Maxwell 1 Goal
Darren Helm 1 Assist
Daine Todd 2 Assists
Roman Psurny 2 PIMS
Jerrid Sauer 1 Goal
Cam Barker 2 Assists
Shayne Brown 2 PIMS
Jordan Benfield 2 PIMS
Blain Neufield 36 saves

3 Stars of the Game

#1 Cam Barker with 2 Assists
#2 Todd Panchyson with 2 Goals
#3 Wacey Rabbit with game winning goal

Tonights Attendance

shots on goal

Blades/Tigers
1st)12-18
2nd)9-9
3rd)11-10
OT)6-2
Total)38-39

there was also some interesting notes that I found in Evan Haw's player profile, not only did he separate his shoulder in the teams final playoff game last year, but he also during the summer returned home (like all players do) and he shattered his ankle in an industrial work accident.

bandwagonboy
11-06-2005, 07:36 AM
I only listened to the game so it's hard to know exactly what was going down but it sounded like the blades were the dominent team from the second period on. Maddening that Calgary finally drops one and the Tigers lose mainly because the back up goalie didn't handle the puck right and scored on himself. The Tigers could have been tied for first in the WHL had that not happened.

Billy Blade
11-06-2005, 09:46 AM
Yes but essentially that's what happened to Khudobin on the third Tiger goal that made him throw his usual three-year-old tantrum and get yanked... that was a "gimme" as well.

It's funny, when it was 4-1 Tigers after the first, usually I think the Blades are done for... but for some reason I knew it would end up 4-4 and go to a shootout. Although I thought then the Tigers would win it. :D

Great finish, excellent comeback!

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-06-2005, 04:02 PM
I saw a car drive by and it had a P.A Raiders licence plate, i thought what the heck would a PA Raiders fan be doing in Saskatoon when the Raiders are not even playing the Blades, or that person could be living in Saskatoon and going to school or University here. It was very strange seeing that. Strange things do happen though.

Billy Blade
11-06-2005, 04:47 PM
As long as there weren't key marks down the side of the car... :D My sister lives in PA and has a Raider plate on the front of her SUV. Lots of them do up there and come here for shopping or whatever frequently. Short trip, why not! :)

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-06-2005, 06:58 PM
As long as there weren't key marks down the side of the car... :D My sister lives in PA and has a Raider plate on the front of her SUV. Lots of them do up there and come here for shopping or whatever frequently. Short trip, why not! :)
I think the car was a Pontiac Grand Am and no there were no key marks along the side of the car.

Tidball
11-06-2005, 11:20 PM
The game got off to a good start with a goal by Todd Panchyson, the tigers scored one to tie the game and breaking the game open scoring 3 unanswered goals in the 1st, it was only about 9:27 into the 1st when Anton khudobin lost his cool after letting in 3 goals but they were not all his fault,swinging his at the goal post,and leaving the ice and he was very angry as he skated and arrived at the bench,I think he basically sent the message that if the defence will not keep the puck away and clear of the net then he will not play goal, I did not see a signal from Molleken, so i think that he just had enough. (he shows his anger when he is not playing or is frustrated because his defence did not play well in front of him). Kevin Armstrong came into the game and played well. I think 2 of the goals could have been prevented by the defence and one goal was caused by the puck bouncing over the defencemen's stick(not that it is an excuse for the goal being allowed) the defence was not playing very well at this point in the game,but after Lorne Molleken called a timeout it seemed to calm the team down. When the 2nd period started the boys started playing better, making mistakes here and there. When the second period ended the score was 4-3 Tigers. Devin Setoguchi scored the tying goal on a breakaway that was set up by Evan Haw and Wacey Rabbit,the game was tied 4-4. The game was tied after 60 minutes, So into overtime the game went into overtime and it was still deadlocked at 4. I was hoping the game would not go into a shootout but I am happy that it did because Wacey Rabbit poted the game winner. This game was one of if not THE most nerveracking home game even though there has only been 6 home games. It was an awesome game. Here are some stats from the game.

Saskatoon Blades Player Stats

Evan Haw: 1 Assist
Nick Knudsen 1 Assist
Joe Barnes 1 Goal
Devin Setoguchi 1 Goal & 1 Assist
Wacey Rabbit 1 goal (shootout game winner)
Adam Geric 2 PIMS
Ryan Menei 2 PIMS
Brett Ward 2 PIMS
Todd Panchyson 2 goals
Zdenek Bahensky 2 PIMS

Medicine Hat Tigers Player Stats

Gord Baldwin 2 PIMS
David Schelmko 1 Assist
Trevor Glass 1 Assist
Tommy Maxwell 1 Goal
Darren Helm 1 Assist
Daine Todd 2 Assists
Roman Psurny 2 PIMS
Jerrid Sauer 1 Goal
Cam Barker 2 Assists
Shayne Brown 2 PIMS
Jordan Benfield 2 PIMS
Matt Keetley 36 saves

3 Stars of the Game

#1 Cam Barker with 2 Assists
#2 Todd Panchyson with 2 Goals
#3 Wacey Rabbit with game winning goal

Tonights Attendance

shots on goal

Blades/Tigers
1st)12-18
2nd)9-9
3rd)11-10
OT)6-2
Total)38-39

there was also some interesting notes that I found in Evan Haw's player profile, not only did he separate his shoulder in the teams final playoff game last year, but he also during the summer returned home (like all players do) and he shattered his ankle in an industrial work accident.

Keelty didnt play, Blaine did.