PDA

View Full Version : Devon Dubnyk

scamperdog
11-06-2005, 12:35 AM
Before the start of tonights game they had a little guy out to drop the puck, he has liver cancer, Devon first learned of this little guy a few weeks ago and the financial trouble his family has with travelling to Vancouver for treatment,

Devon got together with his team mates and raised 600 plus dollars for the family and then took it apon himself to donate out of his own pocket 15 dollars for every save he made tonight, A CLASS ACT! on and of the ice!!! :clap:

LifelongChiefsFan
11-06-2005, 05:30 AM
That's really cool. It's always neat to see these guys make a difference in the community!!

hollcan
11-06-2005, 10:02 AM
Thanks for sharing this great story. As a parent and our 5 years involved with the WHL I can assure you that 90% of the players are no different than Devin. We all forget when we yell at them from the stands that they may have done exactly what Devin did that day, or spent the day at a school helping kids read. For the next few games lets all try to cheer the good plays(for both teams) and just wish the bad plays wouldn't have happened but try not to attack a player's character just because you've paid your 15 bucks and had too much beer to drink. And now for something REALLY hard...........remember that someone out there is the mother, wife, girlfriend, sister, brother etc to the referee who hopefully is trying his best as well.(I really have to work on this one myself..lol)

**Those who never make mistakes......................never do anything!!!

Jovorock
11-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Great story Scamper, good for Devin and the other Blazers to give back to the community. I hope last night made a difference in the little boys life.

HAF
11-06-2005, 01:21 PM
That does show a lot of class!!!! Good for Devon, I hope some of the other players, GM's Coaches and Owners are taking notes... The league as a whole does a great deal of fund raising but it is great to see someone on a personal level do great things like that! It definately shows character.... I wont even yell "You suck Dubnyk" when he's in our barn this year....lol