PDA

View Full Version : Blazers, Rockets

scamperdog
11-06-2005, 12:52 AM
A really good effort tonight, the Blazers to a man came out and played a full sixty minute game, they checked, stayed out of the penalty box, and played hockey the way it is ment to be played, maybe the only downside to this game was Devon not getting a shutout, and the fact that the powerplay is 0 for (must be close to a million by now)
to me at least it seemed they kept the Rockets off there game all night and did a good job of dictating what type of game it was going to be. No rough stuff just a good solid entertaining hockey game,
Lots of Kelowna fans at the game making sure there presence was noticed makes for a good atmosphere, I have to say I like that Rockets bus and your fans were having a good time at there tailgate party, they just have to remember you were Blazer colors here not Rocket, I guess one day they will learn.
As for the Rockets game tonight your defence is weak and I can,t say I was impressed with the forward niether, maybe it was just an off night but you sure didnt look like a first place team on this night, I have not seen the Blazers handle you guys like that in a very long time. :groovy:

Jovorock
11-06-2005, 12:04 PM
Interesting observations Scamp, the Rockets need some change for sure. We are near top of the league scoring and middle of the road goals against.

Even though Card is out, we are still one defenseman short of what I think we need. 15 year old Schenn, 17 year old Dowzak, rookie Edler and second year Joe are doing a good job. But I think we should add one more 19 or 20 year old experienced D man. Cumisky has only played three games and the rust is coming off, but he has all the pressure on him since Card got injured.

The forwards are just fine and with Spurgeon and Darzins skating, look for even more offense in the future.

Rockets need some change in my opinion, losing at home is brutal but losing two in a row is a joke.

Good for the Blazers to win at home, sounds like they out played and out worked the Rockets.

scamperdog
11-06-2005, 01:21 PM
[QUOTE=Jovorock]Interesting observations Scamp, the Rockets need some change for sure. We are near top of the league scoring and middle of the road goals against.

Even though Card is out, we are still one defenseman short of what I think we need. 15 year old Schenn, 17 year old Dowzak, rookie Edler and second year Joe are doing a good job. But I think we should add one more 19 or 20 year old experienced D man. Cumisky has only played three games and the rust is coming off, but he has all the pressure on him since Card got injured.

I thought that kamloops had a small defence but your defence is about the same or smaller, makes it hard to play against some of the big teams like Calgary or Saskatoon, even Pg. Over all defence and forwards Kelowna is a small team

Jovorock
11-06-2005, 02:35 PM
Over all defence and forwards Kelowna is a small team
Yeah i said the same thing Friday night when the national anthem was playing , looking at the Hitmen and Rockets standing on the bench.

Dowzak wasn't playing last night so that makes the Rockets look a little smaller. Schenn is 15 and is 6'2" and is playing bigger all the time. Reinholt, Edler are big guys. Sure Cumisky, Joe and Card aren't that big, but is that really that important in the new rules? You can't hammer guys in front anymore, you have to use positioning as a tool to defend against guys in front of the net.

You can't treat guys in front of the net like a rented mule anymore, so is Kelowna's defense a look at the future? Three of the fastest defensemen in the league are on the Rockets right now.

As for the forwards it hasn't been a problem, there is alot of speed there!

KBF
11-06-2005, 05:27 PM
I agree to an extent, however the rules aren't being called and the game has just reverted back to the old days, and Cumiskey, Card and Edler are fast but I think Macias is the fastest skater in the dub hands down.

Jovorock
11-07-2005, 08:31 AM
I agree to an extent, however the rules aren't being called and the game has just reverted back to the old days.
I don't know about the games in Kamloops, but the games in Kelowna guys are standing around in front of both nets like it is a bar.