PDA

View Full Version : Micheal Dyck

taylor0017
11-06-2005, 12:00 PM
Is Micheal Dyck still an assistant coach with the Giants? He is not listed under their coaches. I understand he is in the running for the Head coaches job with Lethbridge. Anybody else hear this?

GF71
11-06-2005, 12:42 PM
I did some digging...no truth to the rumours at all.

langdak
11-06-2005, 02:31 PM
Mike Dyck is still listed on the Giants website as an assistant coach.

Click on the "contact" link on the banner, and scroll down, middle column under "operations"

Beaner
11-08-2005, 12:44 PM
Mojo Radio has just reported that Michael Dyck is leaving to assume the Head Coach duties in Lethbridge. Bill Ranford is reportedly assuming Dyck's assisstant coach duties here Vancouver.

Best of luck to Michael in Lethbridge, except of course when the Giants come to town. :)

GF71
11-08-2005, 12:59 PM
I stand corrected. Was I ever given the bums' rush. Ah well... it happens. Negotiations were still on going at that point. Good Luck Michael. It is great to see one of the good guys in the WHL succeed. :clap:

Beaner
11-08-2005, 01:03 PM
from www.vancouvergaints.com

The Vancouver Giants have announced the departure of Assitant Coach Mike Dyck. Mike has accepted the position of Head Coach for the Lethbridge Hurricanes.

"While we are disappointed to see Mike leave, we are more-so excited for him to get an opportunity to be a Head Coach in the Western Hockey League," says Giants General Manager Scott Bonner. "On behalf of everyone in the Giants organization, I want to wish Mike all the best in the future coaching the Hurricanes."

A native of Lethbridge, Mike was into his fourth season as Assistant Coach of the Giants. Prior to that he spent four years as an Assistant Coach with the Hurricanes. As a player, Mike played five seasons in the WHL in the late 1980's with Calgary, Brandon, and Regina. He also spent two years playing in the Japanese Professional Hockey League.

"I am excited to be heading home and to take on a challenging position like this one in Lethbridge," says Dyck. "I would like to thank everyone in the Giants organization for the way they have treated myself and my family over the past few years. This has definitely been an experience I will look back on as one of the most enjoyable I've had in my hockey career."