PDA

View Full Version : Camera Policy??

Kristi
11-06-2005, 03:40 PM
What is the camera policy with the Hitmen? I have heard they are allowed and also heard they are not.

Thanks! :) Am looking forward to the game on Friday!

Kristi

Mileflames
11-06-2005, 05:08 PM
For the Flames games they enforce no professional Cameras. I would assume it would be the same.

Ergo
11-07-2005, 04:14 PM
For the Flames games they enforce no professional Cameras. I would assume it would be the same.

Yep that is the policy. Ridiculous as it is. :confused:

There are some very nice consumer cameras out there with ten times zoom lens, image stabilization and lots of megapixels that rival some of the pro stuff. They won't question those but if I show up with my DSLR and a long lens I am turned away because it looks too much like a pro camera. :mad: :mad:

Kristi
11-07-2005, 07:34 PM
Yep that is the policy. Ridiculous as it is. :confused:

There are some very nice consumer cameras out there with ten times zoom lens, image stabilization and lots of megapixels that rival some of the pro stuff. They won't question those but if I show up with my DSLR and a long lens I am turned away because it looks too much like a pro camera. :mad: :mad:

I have a Canon Digital Rebel so hopefully I will be able to get that one in.

Kristi

Ergo
11-07-2005, 07:57 PM
I have a Canon Digital Rebel so hopefully I will be able to get that one in.

Kristi

So do I, and with either the 28-135mm or the 75-300mm lens on they wouldn't let me in with it. I had to take it back to the car and leave it in the trunk. I was told it looked like a "professional camera".

The last time I was allowed in with the camera with the 75-300mm lens on it, when I went to use it an usher came up to me and asked me to take the lens off. I politely refused and was told I would then have to leave. I once again politely refused and told them I would not take any more pictures but would under no circumstances remove the lens for them. I was watched for some time and finally they gave up, I took no other pictures that night and have not returned to the 'Dome with it since. I was informed that if I wanted to bring it with me I would require a press pass, since I do not work for a newspaper that is out of the question.

I have seen people with the same camera and the kit lens in the 'Dome so a lot has to do with the reach of the lens.

Kristi
11-07-2005, 08:59 PM
So do I, and with either the 28-135mm or the 75-300mm lens on they wouldn't let me in with it. I had to take it back to the car and leave it in the trunk. I was told it looked like a "professional camera".

The last time I was allowed in with the camera with the 75-300mm lens on it, when I went to use it an usher came up to me and asked me to take the lens off. I politely refused and was told I would then have to leave. I once again politely refused and told them I would not take any more pictures but would under no circumstances remove the lens for them. I was watched for some time and finally they gave up, I took no other pictures that night and have not returned to the 'Dome with it since. I was informed that if I wanted to bring it with me I would require a press pass, since I do not work for a newspaper that is out of the question.

I have seen people with the same camera and the kit lens in the 'Dome so a lot has to do with the reach of the lens.

I only have a 55mm lens so I should be good. We will see I guess.

Ergo
11-07-2005, 10:34 PM
I only have a 55mm lens so I should be good. We will see I guess.

Good luck :)