PDA

View Full Version : Raiders Release Bjorge and Lavoie

FELIX17
11-07-2005, 02:54 PM
Prince Albert, Saskatchewan - The Prince Albert Raiders reduced their Western Hockey League roster today by two players assigning 17 year-old centre Rod Lavoie to the Prince George Spruce Kings (BCHL) and 17 year-old centre Carl Bjorge to the Lloydminster Bobcats (AJHL).
Lavoie, who is from Valemont, BC, close to Prince George, appeared in 7 games with the Raiders with 6 minutes in penalties and a -3 plus/minus rating.
Bjorge, who returns to his hometown of Lloydminster, also skated in 7 WHL games with the Raiders, with one assist, 4 minutes in penalties and a -1 rating.
The moves reduce the Raiders roster to 21 players as they start a three game road trip into the Central Division later this week. The Raiders are in Lethbridge Thursday, Medicine Hat Saturday and Calgary Sunday afternoon.

It seems like they maybe a little shorthanded with only 6 d, 13 forwards, and 2 goalies. As well, Novak is still out. With Chipchura and Seitsonen gone for World Juniors, and Palazzo for under 17's that leaves them with only 11 forwards and 5 d. Are they planning on picking someone else up?

Triton
11-07-2005, 03:57 PM
U.S.A would need to give their heads a shake if they didn't pick Thelen on their team.Other than Byers and Deckert,he's another one that has been playing well even when they were on the losing streak.Speaking of Deckert..boy did he play well last night.Nice robbery in the shootout as well.Seemed as if every shot found it's way into his glove.Great puckhandling skills as well.I think he's found a home.

FELIX17
11-07-2005, 04:21 PM
Sorry Guys, I can't believe I forgot Thelen considering I've been a big supporter of his play since joining the Raiders. I agree, the U.S. would be making a huge mistake by not having him on their roster. I'm somewhat suprised they let Bjorge go. In the games I saw him, he seemed alright.

westbeach55
11-07-2005, 11:29 PM
doesn't mean they can't come back up and play for the raiders during christmas. they need more playing time and sending them down will do the job. I don't think any of them warranted staying up

Knuckle Chucker
11-09-2005, 03:05 PM
Novak has been cleared to play. Watch for McNeal as the 7th d-man. He had some sugery to correct a racing heart problem.

Sabes
11-09-2005, 06:13 PM
I like Todd MacNeill. He likes to get his nose dirty and grind it out.

Wildeyes
11-10-2005, 10:36 AM
nerver heard of him

Wildeyes
11-11-2005, 11:30 AM
really that was so long ago :laugh:

Dwight Schrute
11-27-2005, 10:13 PM
doesn't mean they can't come back up and play for the raiders during christmas. they need more playing time and sending them down will do the job. I don't think any of them warranted staying up

i think they both played ok in their limited roles i hope they make the team next year maybe they will get lots of ice and develop good this year and mabe be impact players next year as th forwards will be kinda thin