PDA

View Full Version : Now maybe here is an idea to consider

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-07-2005, 04:44 PM
Both Zedenek Bahensky and Anton khudobin are 19yrs old and are drafted by their seperate NHL clubs so they will probably not be returning to the Blades next year for their last season, and If this did happen then I was thinking that we could trade them at the trade deadline(whenever that is) to get some players to replace them. I know if we trade Khudobin, we would have had him for approximately only half a season. What does eveyrone think of this idea?

mat01800
11-07-2005, 10:59 PM
Who would trade younger players for an import who is only gonna play for a couple more months if that? If the Blades are looking to make a run deep into the playoffs they will keep both of these guys

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-08-2005, 02:39 PM
Yes imports are tough to trade but the Blades traded Bjorn Svennson to Moose Jaw for Greg Brown who was sent down and has not even played a game yet and he is only 17 so he will most likely play next year, that is another story,so I guess the Blades will have to hang on to both of them and if does happen that both of them are gone, then Lorne Molleken has 2 Euro's picks (one from Swift Current with the deal involving Russel Monette i think) and I think the Blades still have their other Euro draft pick, I also think it would be tough to trade Anton Khudobin for another European goaltender. On page 13 of the Blades game day program in the article"Coach continues to tweak the team his way" Tom Eremondi from the Star Phoeniex asked him if there were any major trades to be expected? and molleken said "No not likely and he is a believer that you build from the players that already have,So this is somewhat of a sign that the team could stay relativly the same,but that does not necessiarly mean that trades will not be made. Well I guess we will have to wait and see what this team does look like over the next few months. I do not think that he is done with the trades yet, but like I said we will have to wait and see.

GBG BLEED BLUE
11-09-2005, 11:24 PM
He sure stepped up and showed what he can do against the Pats with 1 Shorthanded goal and 2 assists, now i do think that he will be staying right here and it would be kind of tough to trade him and I do not think that the Blades are not willing to trade him( someone at my school who is also Blades fan thinks that the Blades should trade both Bahensky and Khudobin, his opinion on Bahensky will probably change after what went on at the game.

Tidball
11-13-2005, 01:04 AM
He sure stepped up and showed what he can do against the Pats with 1 Shorthanded goal and 2 assists, now i do think that he will be staying right here and it would be kind of tough to trade him and I do not think that the Blades are not willing to trade him( someone at my school who is also Blades fan thinks that the Blades should trade both Bahensky and Khudobin, his opinion on Bahensky will probably change after what went on at the game.

Its true....