PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody else noticed

scamperdog
11-07-2005, 10:47 PM
:confused: Has anybody else notice in the last while how players are dropping to the ice as soon as someone touches them, trying to draw the penalty, the flames were doing it alot in the game against the canucks tonight and it worked, and I first really started noticing it on the weekend that it seems to be getting out of hand, with the Ice, Rockets and yes my Blazers falling way to easy, maybe its just me but I think it wouldnt hurt for the WHL and NHL to take a good look at the changes in rules so far and review with the refs and teams to what is a clean and what isnt, and try a little harder to get everybody on the same page, I don,t know it I am making sense here so I will stop rambling on.

Beaner
11-08-2005, 01:38 AM
I think a bigger help would actually be for the Refs to just start calling the dive penalty only.

Right now its really a very minimal risk to take a dive, the chance that the ref will only call the Dive penalty is slim to none. More than likely they will call the dive AND a penalty on the other player, or they will call the player not taking the dive. Pretty good odds if you ask me.

If they would just start calling only the dive, it would stop players pretty quick from taking a dive. It has to be the stupidest thing in sports, the trip and dive on the same play. :spineyes:

Jimmypop316
11-08-2005, 02:09 AM
The real only way to catch a dive is through replays and what not, so its super hard for them to busting down on Diving.

I think they should just take a look at the tapes and do something from there. Hell I wouldn't mind if they gave 1 game suspensions, we don't need it getting out of hand like soccer.

Beaner
11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
The real only way to catch a dive is through replays and what not, so its super hard for them to busting down on Diving.

I think they should just take a look at the tapes and do something from there. Hell I wouldn't mind if they gave 1 game suspensions, we don't need it getting out of hand like soccer.

The refs make a dive call during the game, and the penalty - call one or the other - make a decision thats the job. Calling both is just a way for the refs to avoid making a decision on a tough call.

Either that or make a dive penalty come with a 10min misconduct. That would put a stop to it fast.

WHEATMAN
11-14-2005, 05:49 PM
a 10 min misconduct would sure put a end to it, but in some cases when the ref is wrong it could be costly (ex. kovalev, last saturday)

The_Vulk
11-15-2005, 05:43 PM
I would love to see just the DIVING be called.

Sure, there was a tug or hook or what have you, but it was not enough to have caused the other player to have fallen on their own.

Unsportsmanship penalties should all be 2 and a 10. I agree.

Beaner
11-15-2005, 05:50 PM
a 10 min misconduct would sure put a end to it, but in some cases when the ref is wrong it could be costly (ex. kovalev, last saturday)

Refs makes mistakes, c'est la vie.

Don't give them an option to give you the dive and you will be fine.

peatfan
11-15-2005, 07:44 PM
Give the diver 2 minutes and then announce that the original pentaly has been eraesd because of the dive. SO instead of your team going on the powerplay you now are shorthanded. Your coach will give you sh*t, your teammates will give you sh*t and the fans will really give you sh*t. It won't take long for the divers to clean their act up. :thumb: